JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Earthquake in New Zealand Tsunami alert issued

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2782 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

10 minutes ago, Your Brother said:

Tsunami was a whopping 11" tall.

Kiwis are short so 11 inches could be dangerous. ..

:whistling:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

That's three good size quakes right in a row!  I'm surprised the tsunami in New Zealand wasn't bigger.  For some reason I was thinking that the quake that caused the tsunami in Sri Lanka was about the same strength.  The one in New Zealand was pretty deep though (19 miles under).

Actually New Zealand just had another quake at 5.5 magnitude from about 8 and a half miles depth.  They've been having tremors of 5 to 6 most of the day.

Edited by shali

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

Just keeping my head above water here I'm 11 1/2 inches high.

See my update on my profile ... didn't realise this thread had been started, but should have known you guys were onto it.

Woke us up ... but have felt stronger, thank goodness it was offshore some way or it would have been devastating. Went back to sleep didn't know it was so big until I got to the group this morning. We have had at least ten or so 5.0 - 6.0 since, and many under 5 ... this will go on for some time. I'm only get the odd tremble here, nothing significant, but those on the East Coast are feeling some strong aftershocks. 

Edited by Stormswift

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

5 hours ago, Your Brother said:

Tsunami was a whopping 11" tall.

Remember Tsunami's are not about size, but about the speed and force behind them, when they hit bays a 30 cm or 1 metre high Tsunami can bottleneck into a surge 2 or 3 times the height at the speed and weight of a frieght train. NZ though when it comes to Tsunamis are pretty benign usually, but can't take any warnings lightly because one day it will be that one tsunami that goes against the trend.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

Image result for tsunami funny                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              

On the West coast the surfers live for Tsunami's     :tongue: 

15 minutes ago, shali said:

I'm worried that we haven't heard anything from Mandi in this thread  yet - I wonder if she was affected!!!

She posted twice...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

11 minutes ago, tekmantwo said:

She probably doesn't have her auto rotate set right, all your posts display upside down..

Many don't really appreciate the need for auto rotate when communicating with the down under.

This is especially troublesome when your realize that talking from today in N. America we are talking to those in the down under tomorrow.

I provide this illustration help visualize the complexity of the situation. If you have any questions, talk to the Kiwi or the Turtle, I am out for remains of the day.

US THEM.jpg

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

On 9/2/2016 at 2:39 PM, Stormswift said:

I must be shrinking ... should i be concerned?

Loveya Shali. x

oh its mynew icon she's not used to it that's what it is

YOU CHANGED YOUR AVATAR!!! No wonder I didn't notice.  If you were in my Hall and changed the color of your lipstick, I wouldn't recognize you!  Don't change anymore!!!

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

• 2 weeks later...

I heard that the Southern part of South Korea was hit by an earthquake yesterday morning.  I believe it was 5.6 on the scale.  6 people were hurt (thankgoodness) not 100's or thousands of people.  The people think it was caused by NK testing their nuclear warhead bomb's.  But then it is in the 'ring of fire" and anything can happen.   I know that eventually the reports will go out from all our brother's effected by these earthquakes on JW.ORG News.    Hope none of our friends were hurt and or any damage to their home and kingdom halls!