JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community
We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2687 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

1 minute ago, anniebea said:

Thanks, so these don't come from our website.

https://assetsnffrgf-a.akamaihd.net/assets/m/jwbon/univ/201612/art/jwbon_univ_201612_wsr_01_lg.jpg

https://www.jw.org/assets/m/jwbon/univ/201612/art/jwbon_univ_201612_wsr_01_lg.jpg

If you replace assetsnffrgf-a.akamaihd.net/ through www.jw.org/ you come to the same picture. I do not why the picture is on both pages. Maybe an IT-expert can help.

1 hour ago, SteEis said:

https://assetsnffrgf-a.akamaihd.net/assets/m/jwbon/univ/201612/art/jwbon_univ_201612_wsr_01_lg.jpg

https://www.jw.org/assets/m/jwbon/univ/201612/art/jwbon_univ_201612_wsr_01_lg.jpg

If you replace assetsnffrgf-a.akamaihd.net/ through www.jw.org/ you come to the same picture. I do not why the picture is on both pages. Maybe an IT-expert can help.

It's the same site. JW.org uses the services of Akamai to store the site.

49 minutes ago, carlos said:

It's the same site. JW.org uses the services of Akamai to store the site.

This would be a good place to remind everyone that our organization PAYS to use these large servers.  They have much more capacity than anything we own and they are located in dozens of countries so the information is available closer to the user.  If one unit fails or is busy, they can switch to another nearby server to complete the task of downloading our publications, audio and video productions.  Akamai is one of the world's 3 largest providers of this service.  That is why the Society mentioned that each download or streaming session costs the organization a little bit of money.

17 minutes ago, jwhess said:

This would be a good place to remind everyone that our organization PAYS to use these large servers.  They have much more capacity than anything we own and they are located in dozens of countries so the information is available closer to the user.  If one unit fails or is busy, they can switch to another nearby server to complete the task of downloading our publications, audio and video productions.  Akamai is one of the world's 3 largest providers of this service.  That is why the Society mentioned that each download or streaming session costs the organization a little bit of money.

Which is why it'd be great if we can download an item that we'd watch or listen to many times, in order to save the organization some money

34 minutes ago, jwhess said:

Thank you ! Very important reminder !

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

On jueves, 27 de octubre de 2016 at 10:19 AM, anniebea said:

Personally, I like it to be a surprise.

On jueves, 27 de octubre de 2016 at 1:59 PM, GeordieGirl said:

Me too. I like to wait till the program is released. We haven't even got to November yet.  

I understand you both and in fact agree with you. I prefer it to be surprise. But then it would be better to avoid this topic until then, wouldn't it? :)

1 minute ago, carlos said:

I understand you both and in fact agree with you. I prefer it to be surprise. But then it would be better to avoid this topic until then, wouldn't it? :)

But the images are not a surprise. They are public.

5 minutes ago, SteEis said:

But the images are not a surprise. They are public.

Only if you know how to find them,  then they are available for only a short while.  Personally I think that things like this that go that route should have a spoiler.  Patience sometimes is a virtue 

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.

I was going to mention about a 'Spoiler' notation in the topic title.  Just saying December broadcast could mean anything.  If I had known it was full of images I would have avoided it, as Carlos suggested. :)  I did scroll rapidly past them. 

Edited by GeordieGirl

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

30 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

I like the pictures, they are like an aroma from the kitchen before dinner, it whets my appetite...

A most excellent analogy!:D

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

8 hours ago, Tortuga said:

I like the pictures, they are like an aroma from the kitchen before dinner, it whets my appetite...

Spoiler means don't put the Sweets before the Steak   ...   pass the potatoes please, thank you.:chef:

...  wait a minute, it's only October - we haven't even had the AM yet- dinner is gonna get cold!

Edited by timpin

46 minutes ago, timpin said:

Spoiler means don't put the Sweets before the Steak   ...  

Why not? You can always go back for more..:eat:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)