JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community
We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2689 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

On 10/29/2016 at 6:34 AM, Tortuga said:

I like the pictures, they are like an aroma from the kitchen before dinner, it whets my appetite...

That's how I feel about advance info about all of our meetings/conventions/ new releases, etc....  It just increases the anticipation! :D

And personally... I don't really care for suprises - good or bad.    They tend to stress me out.  Different strokes, eh?  

It's on JWB, I don't know when it showed up.

This thread isn't a Spoiler anymore.

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I like the song this month too. And for those who wanted an mp3 version of it, it's here. It will stay there until another mp3 version is uploaded to JW Broadcasting.

Unfortunately the ending of this one has a very steep drop-off. Brother Bellinger starts talking on top of the last note, so I had to fade it quickly.

Thanks for the song mp3, Brother Eric!!! Highfives.gif

Here are the lyrics, according to the CC on JW Broadcasting: (and my ears)

Study Makes You Strong

JW Broadcasting - December 2016

Since we could crawl, our family studied it all.

Even though small, we understood what we were learning.

Father would read to me before I would sleep.

Now I am taller; I still keep up with that routine.

And when I’m by myself, I take that book down off the shelf.

I remember what the scripture said that I would need so I could stand firm.

Study makes you strong.

Just like a tree that’s planted by a river stream.

Study makes you strong.

Your leaves just won’t dry out and everything succeeds.

Study makes you strong.

Just like a tree that’s planted its roots down deep.

Study makes you strong.

You’ll grow so big and tall there’s nothing you won’t see.

What will I say when a big chance comes my way?

What will my classmates say if I don’t follow with them?

All of the information’s here on display.

I’m not afraid because I learned this as an infant.

‘Cause when I’m by myself, I take that book down off the shelf.

I remember what the scripture said that I would need so I can stand firm.

Study makes you strong.

Study makes you strong.

Study makes you strong.

Study makes you strong.

Every word that’s helping me

Could contain the very key

To offer just the help and encouragement somebody needs.

Study makes you strong. 

Study makes you strong.

Study makes you strong.

Study makes you strong.

Study makes you strong.

Study makes you strong.

Study makes you strong.

Study makes you strong.

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

The brother who was the rock start reminds me of our late brother Prince. One simply cannot love God and maintain his standards while going full-in on a career in entertainment, which puts you in exclusive company with greedy people who don't care about God. I am so happy that was illustrated.

The brother who was the rock start reminds me of our late brother Prince. One simply cannot love God and maintain his standards while going full-in on a career in entertainment, which puts you in exclusive company with greedy people who don't care about God. I am so happy that was illustrated.

Brother Franco was a famous singer of Latin music. But the big change that Jehovah produced in his heart, is astonishing. I remember those big concerts... and now he's an elder and a regular pioneer... again, only Jehovah! Things like these reaffirms my faith in my conviction that this IS the truth.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

RetirementEdit

He is currently dedicated to his foundation Niños Pobres Sin Fronteras ("Poor Children Without Borders") in Panama City hosting a program of his own called Sal, Azúcar, Miel y Canela("Salt, Sugar, Honey and Cinnamon") at Radio Kids. However, now "The General" is dedicated to preach the word of God as one of Jehovah's Witnesses in Panama , leaving behind the lights, entertainment and music that earned six Billboard, 32 gold records and 17 platinum.

9 hours ago, richietj77 said:

Brother Franco was a famous singer of Latin music. But the big change that Jehovah produced in his heart, is astonishing. I remember those big concerts... and now he's an elder and a regular pioneer... again, only Jehovah! Things like these reaffirms my faith in my conviction that this IS the truth.

Good stuff.

Doesn't this tell you something about the organization? This is off-topic, but if the organization were made of a bunch of money-grubbers as alleged many times, would it not benefit them financially to teach members to succumb to pressures of demanding but high-paying careers in business and entertainment? Would they encourage members to simplify their lives so to dedicate more time to the work Jesus started?

Just something I was thinking about that I discussed with my wife during our viewing of the program. We are truly a spiritual organization, promoting spiritual things.

5 minutes ago, Bob said:

Good stuff.

Doesn't this tell you something about the organization? This is off-topic, but if the organization were made of a bunch of money-grubbers as alleged many times, would it not benefit them financially to teach members to succumb to pressures of demanding but high-paying careers in business and entertainment? Would they encourage members to simplify their lives so to dedicate more time to the work Jesus started?

Just something I was thinking about that I discussed with my wife during our viewing of the program. We are truly a spiritual organization, promoting spiritual things.

Well said!

9 hours ago, richietj77 said:

I remember El General, he was a big star, super popular here in Venezuela and I think all over LatAm and the Carib. I used to dance to his music when I was a teenager ( and away from the truth) his music was catchy but extremely sexually oriented, I think his music was a precursor to the infamous Reggaetton, as some have said "dancing Reggaeton is having sex with the clothes on.".

His interview was very moving, what a transformation the truth cause on us.

Edited by Daniel244

1 hour ago, Daniel244 said:

I remember El General, he was a big star, super popular here in Venezuela and I think all over LatAm and the Carib. I used to dance to his music when I was a teenager ( and away from the truth) his music was catchy but extremely sexually oriented, I think his music was a precursor to the infamous Reggaetton, as some have said "dancing Reggaeton is having sex with the clothes on.".

His interview was very moving, what a transformation the truth cause on us.

Also, I think his moral compass was still calibrated. I can relate to him. I left the truth when I was 18 and what I learned never left me. My conscious would beat at me when I did things that I knew were wrong, and that helped me come back.

While we did not have Witnessing carts in 2007 (the year of my baptism) I would see my brothers and sister in street work and that would make me think about what I needed to do. Having that visual aid was VERY powerful.

His story is sure to touch thousands if not millions who know what leaving Jehovah is like, and how returning can be gratifying!

9 minutes ago, And_Ray said:

Is the video out of sync with the audio or is it just me because I'm streaming the video? 

Could be. It happens to me sometimes when I stream. I've gone to downloading the video and watching the download.

7 minutes ago, And_Ray said:

Is the video out of sync with the audio or is it just me because I'm streaming the video? 

I didn't have any problems with it if I downloaded it but streaming was out of sync in a couple places.  I think, but not sure, it is because they tape in different frames per second (fps).  The short clips are 25 fps seamed to 29.97 fps longer clips. 25 fps works fine for european pal standard and 29.97 or 30 fps works fine for American ntsc standard put when seamed together it hickups audio sync at times.

If I download a video in 25 fps from jwb I have to sync the audio manually when converting to ntsc. This can take all day for an hour program.

http://ihffilm.com/videostandard.html

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

7 minutes ago, mserskine said:

Could be. It happens to me sometimes when I stream. I've gone to downloading the video and watching the download.

I just did that, download the video, and it was perfectly in sync. I just wonder why it wasn't while i was streaming... I have 50mbps connection, so the internet wouldn't be the problem :confused:

9 minutes ago, And_Ray said:

I just did that, download the video, and it was perfectly in sync. I just wonder why it wasn't while i was streaming... I have 50mbps connection, so the internet wouldn't be the problem :confused:

Right click on your downloaded video and see what the fps it is.  I use a free program 'MidiaInfo' to get detailed info on videos I download.  When I downloaded the Dec Program it downloaded in 29.97 pfs but it might be different in your language.

One thing I have found helpful when streaming jwb programs and the audio gets out of sync is to stop the video and then go back and resume.  That has worked multiple times for me.

3 minutes ago, rocket said:

Right click on your downloaded video and see what the fps it is.  I use a free program 'MidiaInfo' to get detailed info on videos I download.  When I downloaded the Dec Program it downloaded in 29.97 pfs but it might be different in your language.

I watch the video in English because it's not available on my language. So it's 29.97 fps for me as well. Usually I avoid streaming, because i like it better to play video files with a program for video playback. I don't care for the bandwidth as well since i have high speed, unlimited internet. But just today i decided to watch the video online, and that's why i noticed the out-of-sync problem.

I guess then I'll just watch it offline :)

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)