JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Broadcasting January 2017

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2614 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

1 hour ago, rocket said:

I wonder how they will land their planes now if they take the sign down?  Many unhappy pilots.

Tell them to watch Sully....

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 hour ago, Jonathan77 said:

Enjoyed the interview with Brother Sidbury   He is well-known for his collection of bibles and books.   Looking forward to the full-version of the documentary. 

The town he lived in as a child is the town I was born in. :)

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

While watching the January broadcast, my daughter asked me to pause it for a minute. She looked very disturbed, and asked me: "Mom, how come sisters don't present the broadcast?" I was dumbfounded for a minute. I fumbled for words....I told her that the presenters are the GB and their helpers, who all happen to be brothers. She then asked me whether I think there'll ever be an opportunity for sisters to do this. I told her I do not know, but I would find out. So, here's my question: Is the entire presentation considered teaching? I recall that a recent Gilead Graduation showed a brother and a sister doing the "Gilead TV news"...showing that it may be possible....

What are your thoughts?

Edited by Skye

While watching the January broadcast, my daughter asked me to pause it for a minute. She looked very disturbed, and asked me: "Mom, how come sisters don't present the broadcast?" I was dumbfounded for a minute. I fumbled for words....I told her that the presenters are the GB and their helpers, who all happen to be brothers. She then asked me whether I think there'll ever be an opportunity for sisters to do this. I told her I do not know, but I would find out. So, here's my question: Is the entire presentation considered teaching? I recall that a recent Gilead Graduation showed a brother and a sister doing the "Gilead TV news"...showing that it may be possible....

What are your thoughts?

GB and the helpers are brothers, sis skye :)

All glory and praises goes to Jehovah :) 

8 minutes ago, Skye said:

What are your thoughts?

My answer would be YES it does involve teaching. Especially the first 10 minutes or so. It's like a 10 minute talk on some bible subject. It could be that 95% of the program could be considered teaching as well.

Edited by mserskine

4 minutes ago, mserskine said:

My answer would be YES it does involve teaching. Especially the first 10 minutes or so. It's like a 10 minute talk on some bible subject. It could be that 95% of the program could be considered teaching as well.

I agree the first part is like a talk, so this IS teaching. But when introducing other segments (interviews, greetings, music video) etc?

9 minutes ago, Alexa said:

GB and the helpers are brothers, sis skye :)

Agreed - 110%

From what I was told, the place where the studio is now located is the area where we had breakfast on our first day of work at Warwick before proceeding to the "Orientation/Safety" meeting every Warwick worker has/had on their first time at Warwick.

So, if you worked at Warwick and had the same program at Tuxedo, you know the room I am talking about.

post-272-0-26148400-1405294918.jpg

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

6 minutes ago, mserskine said:

When there are interviews at our meetings and conventions they are always conducted by brothers. The thing is it starts out as a teaching program. So, because of that the Governing Body might consider the whole program as teaching.

Just like our weekend and midweek meetings. They are conducted by brothers but everyone can participate.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

18 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

Just like our weekend and midweek meetings. They are conducted by brothers but everyone can participate.

So, the GSBN clip featuring the couple Chad and Krista (albeit fictional) wasn't right?

5 minutes ago, Skye said:

So, the GSBN clip featuring the couple Chad and Krista (albeit fictional) wasn't right?

What do you mean?

32 minutes ago, Skye said:

That a sister cannot "anchor" because that could be considered part of teaching?

It was a skit included in the part hosted by a brother, just like parts in the midweek meeting. 

3 hours ago, Qapla said:

From what I was told, the place where the studio is now located is the area where we had breakfast on our first day of work at Warwick before proceeding to the "Orientation/Safety" meeting every Warwick worker has/had on their first time at Warwick.

So, if you worked at Warwick and had the same program at Tuxedo, you know the room I am talking about.

post-272-0-26148400-1405294918.jpg

The introduction to the shows the truck with the boxes of pieces for the studio pulling up to the entrance at the Tuxedo building (not too far from Warwick).  When I visited the friends at Tuxedo last year in August, they took me to the area they had vacated for the studio.  They had already marked the floor with the location of the studio components.  I understand that the Audio-Video filming studio is at the Mt. Ebo complex which not too far away.  That is where they do the costume drams.

Edited by jwhess

Wheww!  So they didn't change the format of the link for the broadcast. It was just late. The English version wasn't uploaded until 10:18 AM Eastern Time.

Maybe they are still working out the internet connection (speed or firewall issue). Or they are really busy with the commotion at a new location.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our extended family in Mali:

Family and Friends.jpg.gif

What a precious picture!!! LOVE Warmth and feeling.gif

I always wave back and blow them all a kiss.YES Grin.GIF 

I just love the visits to and greetings from our distant family members.YES Happy.gif

Edited by Friends just call me Ross

spellcheck lol

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

6 hours ago, jwhess said:

The introduction to the shows the truck with the boxes of pieces for the studio pulling up to the entrance at the Tuxedo building (not too far from Warwick).  When I visited the friends at Tuxedo last year in August, they took me to the area they had vacated for the studio.  They had already marked the floor with the location of the studio components.  I understand that the Audio-Video filming studio is at the Mt. Ebo complex which not too far away.  That is where they do the costume drams.

Was that area upstairs from the front entrance all the way in the back of the building? BTW, for those who have never been, The Tuxedo Complex, where the new studio now resides, is 6 miles (including the drive up from Longmeadow Rd to the "front door" of Warwick) down from Warwick on the other side of the road. It takes about 9 minutes to drive - in good weather.

One of our Elders, towards the end of the build, was going to Warwick for a month at a time, every other month. Since his wife did not go with him (her choice), he could not stay more than a month at a time. He told me where the studio was being put, since they were installing it while he was there.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

55 minutes ago, Qapla said:

Was that area upstairs from the front entrance all the way in the back of the building? BTW, for those who have never been, The Tuxedo Complex, where the new studio now resides, is 6 miles (including the drive up from Longmeadow Rd to the "front door" of Warwick) down from Warwick on the other side of the road. It takes about 9 minutes to drive - in good weather.

Our friends took us all over so I lost sense of direction, but I believe it was toward the rear.  When I got there it was just a large, empty warehouse space with tape marks on the floor.  I do not believe that Tuxedo is on any of the official tour lists.  It is a pretty setting.