JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

NEW VIDEO - What Is God’s Kingdom?

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2614 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

3 minutes ago, mserskine said:

https://tv.jw.org/#en/video/VODBible/docid-502017850_1_VIDEO

To be highlighted during the mid week meeting February 20-26 during the part  "Use Videos in Your Ministry"

IIt is finally here. Thanks for the alert! I like that it has scriptures on it, so that as the HH watches it, they also see the corresponding Bible reference.

Edited by Skye

1 hour ago, timpin said:

A favorite - I'm hoping it comes out on JWLibrary soon so we can start to use it   ...   Memorial less than TWO months away

It is already available in JW Library.

We are encouraged to use this new video in conjunction with the tract 'What Is the Kingdom of God?', which is the literature offer for March and April, except for when we are doing the campaign work.

4 hours ago, MizPeg said:

Encouraged to use in our ministry? Would be foolish beyond belief if we didn't!

Truly enlightening for anyone. Except that foolish man, who said, "that won't work ", when

I asked if he would like to watch a video.

We are always reminded and encouraged to be mild tempered and respectful to everyone we meet, especially in the ministry, no matter how they could provoke us. Using epithets for householders like foolish or stupid etc because they were unkind to us in the ministry is not Christlike. Please, keep it in mind because our goal is to honor and glorify our God Jehovah in our ministry. The work is not ours; we are only messengers.

For Jehovah is aware of the way of the righteous, But the way of the wicked will perish (Psalm 1:6).

This is one of the best short videos I think the organization has produced. The animation is great.

The explanation simple and logical. And being available during the Memorial season will allow us to go from discussing why Christ died for us, ( with the new video on the ransom ) to explaining the blessings he bought both for the "little flock" who are to rule with him. and for the great crowd and the resurrected ones who will be part of the "new heavens and new earth". So in two short videos we can quickly explain God's purpose for the earth, and hopefully start many new Bible studies in the process. Jehovah keeps on blessing us with new tools to perform our ministry in a better and more appealing manner.

GStorrs46

1 hour ago, jwhess said:

It is on my Windows 10 tablet and PC.  It shows on my Android 6.0 phone and I can download it on my Apple Air 2.  Dis you look under "What's New?"  It is also under "Media" in "Tools for the Ministry".

Thank you Brother John. It's on Windows 7 on my PC but that's not helpful for the ministry. :nope: It wasn't under 'what's new' on my tablet, Android 6.???.  I did also look in media but maybe not in the right section.  I will re-check. :) 

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

Excellent video. We will also be getting familiar with tract (T-36) 'What is the Kingdom of God' in March and April. (see below from workbooks) What a great time to focus on using the video to follow up interst and starting studies in the Good News Brochure: Lesson 7 "What is Gods Kingdom".

What is the Kingdom.. (T36)

Initial Call: (2 min. or less)

Return Visit: (4 min. or less)

March 13-19

T-36—Lay the groundwork for a return visit.

T-36—Discuss “To Think About.” Invite the person to the Memorial.

April 17-23

T-36—Lay the groundwork for the next visit.

1 John 4:1 "Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired statement, but test the inspired statements to see whether they originate with God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world."

I think there are 10 scriptures used in this video:

Corrections to this summary would be welcome.

What is Gods Kingdom

Luke 4:43 Jesus taught more about the Kingdom than any other subject.

Luke 11:2 His followers prayed for it to come for centuries.

A kingdom is a government, includes: Ruler, a seat of Government, territory, laws & citizens.

Eccl 8:9  Sadly many human government failed. Selfish.

By contrast Gods kingdom has a Perfect ruler, chosen by God, with other associate rulers.

Matthew 4:17 Kingdom rules from heaven. How will it benefit its citizens?

Rules over whole earth.

Psalm 72:8 eliminate war caused by nationalism

Acts 10:34,35 Anyone obedient can become citizens.

How will kingdom benefit its citizens?

When on earth Jesus showed through his miracles what Gods kingdom will do.

Mark 4:36-41 He showed he can solve environmental problems.

Matthew 4:17-21 Fed thousands, demonstrating elimination of world  hunger.

Luke 18:35-43  Healed sick, lame, deaf and blind. Preview of perfect health under his rule

Luke 8:40-56. By resurrecting people, he showed through the Kingdom he will reverse death itself.

You may wonder when will Gods kingdom accomplish these things?

That question and others answered in lesson 7 of Good News brochure.

Edited by Chris7

format error

1 John 4:1 "Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired statement, but test the inspired statements to see whether they originate with God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world."

On 2/12/2017 at 7:02 AM, timpin said:

A favorite - I'm hoping it comes out on JWLibrary soon so we can start to use it   ...   Memorial less than TWO months away

You can actually download it into your favorites now! I did. :uhhuh:

The difference between try and triumph is that little "umph"

On 12/2/2017 at 7:44 PM, Nnaemeka said:

We are always reminded and encouraged to be mild tempered and respectful to everyone we meet, especially in the ministry, no matter how they could provoke us. Using epithets for householders like foolish or stupid etc because they were unkind to us in the ministry is not Christlike. Please, keep it in mind because our goal is to honor and glorify our God Jehovah in our ministry. The work is not ours; we are only messengers.

Nnaemeka, will you correct Jesus too? :whistling:

(Matthew 7:26, 27) . . .Furthermore, everyone hearing these sayings of mine and not doing them will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand. 27 And the rain poured down and the floods came and the winds blew and struck against that house, and it caved in, and its collapse was great.”

(Matthew 25:1, 2) 25 “Then the Kingdom of the heavens may be likened to ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom. 2 Five of them were foolish, and five were discreet.

And Paul!

(Romans 1:21-23) . . .For although they knew God, they did not glorify him as God nor did they thank him, but they became empty-headed in their reasonings and their senseless hearts became darkened. 22 Although claiming they were wise, they became foolish 23 and turned the glory of the incorruptible God into something like the image of corruptible man and birds and four-footed creatures and reptiles. . .

Edited by carlos

Just let the video do the talking to your householder (or public witnessing or informal at school or work) because it does more than just the talking, it shows the Kingdom realities not yet beheld. It builds faith in Gods word, and it paves the way to return with the Good News brochure. After all the Kingdom is GOOD news.

In just 3 minutes it teaches more about the Kingdom than people will learn in a lifetime of church going. 

And did you notice the 10 scriptures used in that video. Perhaps we could show just one that the illustrates a point the householder may have found interesting. Be prepared by using the bookmarks for these verses, since we have 10 Bookmarks for the Bible, although I hav'nt  worked out how to bookmark multiple verses yet, just the whole chapter or single verses. Help.

Edited by Chris7

added text.

On 2/20/2017 at 11:13 AM, Chris7 said:

Excellent video. We will also be getting familiar with tract (T-36) 'What is the Kingdom of God' in March and April. (see below from workbooks) What a great time to focus on using the video to follow up interst and starting studies in the Good News Brochure: Lesson 7 "What is Gods Kingdom".

What is the Kingdom.. (T36)

Initial Call: (2 min. or less)

Return Visit: (4 min. or less)

March 13-19

T-36—Discuss “To Think About.” Invite the person to the Memorial.

April 17-23

T-36—Lay the groundwork for the next visit.

On 2/20/2017 at 3:03 PM, Chris7 said:

I think there are 10 scriptures used in this video:

Corrections to this summary would be welcome.

What is Gods Kingdom

Luke 4:43 Jesus taught more about the Kingdom than any other subject.

Luke 11:2 His followers prayed for it to come for centuries.

A kingdom is a government, includes: Ruler, a seat of Government, territory, laws & citizens.

Eccl 8:9  Sadly many human government failed. Selfish.

By contrast Gods kingdom has a Perfect ruler, chosen by God, with other associate rulers.

Matthew 4:17 Kingdom rules from heaven. How will it benefit its citizens?

Rules over whole earth.

Psalm 72:8 eliminate war caused by nationalism

Acts 10:34,35 Anyone obedient can become citizens.

How will kingdom benefit its citizens?

When on earth Jesus showed through his miracles what Gods kingdom will do.

Mark 4:36-41 He showed he can solve environmental problems.

Matthew 4:17-21 Fed thousands, demonstrating elimination of world  hunger.

Luke 18:35-43  Healed sick, lame, deaf and blind. Preview of perfect health under his rule

Luke 8:40-56. By resurrecting people, he showed through the Kingdom he will reverse death itself.

You may wonder when will Gods kingdom accomplish these things?

That question and others answered in lesson 7 of Good News brochure.

interesting note is there are an additional 10 or 11 alternative scriptures referenced in the Kingdom tract and it also points to the Good News brochure - what an easy combination to get many new or shy ones into going out in service

Thanks for the correction Carole.  A 1 can make a big difference. Glad you noticed that one before i bookmarked them all. :)