JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

I know I am not the only one ...

Recently I have had to re-read some of the thread titles here on JWTalk.

I would think I cannot be the only one who has done this, so, I thought I would start a thread and see if others have had this happened and "what you read"

Here goes:

Thread Title "NEW VIDEO - What Is God’s Kingdom?" - what I read at first glance - "NEW VIDEO GAME - What Is God’s Kingdom?"

Thread Title "Noah's making of the ark..." - what I read at first glance - "Noah's marking of the ark..."

Thread Title "Birds Will Eat their Fleshy Parts" - what I read at first glance - "Birds Will Eat the Fishy Parts"

OK - let's hear yours - what have you read instead of the REAL title?

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

14 hours ago, Stormswift said:

No you aren't the only brother John, I keep reading Qapla as Quapla.

Would help to know if the Q is pronounced as a 'k' or 'q'. If it's 'q' then the Quapla just seems to happen naturally. So maybe 'Kapla'?

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

"No you aren't the only brother John, I keep reading Qapla as Quapla."

When reading aloud I do not pronounce Qapla since I don't know the original pronunciation, I spell out the constants Q-P-L.  I know it sounds like I might superstitious, but I cant help but think that Q-P-L might be offended if I mispronounce the NAME. :mellow:

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

I can't think of any mis-read threads at the moment, but I'm sure I have plenty. I think we refer to something familiar then check again for accuracy. The first time we had a router by Linksys, I looked at it and thought it was Linskys. Then I got it.  A sister who is far more tech savvy than I, was here recently, and used the word Linskys.  I always say Kahplah Jon. I'm from Boston and we move letters around.  

17 hours ago, Qapla said:

Qapla sounds like kapla

It means success in Klingon

I don't understand, is that in reference to static klingon?  Hmmm ... successful static klingon?

I think Bounce is a cure for that. 

http://www.bouncefresh.com/en-us/shop-products/dryer-sheets  :lol:

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

• 2 weeks later...

I do not know why but I will see yellow and say orange. And vise versa

I will see silver and call it gold, and vise versa.

Why oh why do I do this? And it's only worse when I'm tired. Then I'll transpose numbers, over and over, no matter how I try I cannot get it right. :cry:

(In my mind I call her Hatchetgirl, always, sorry)

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

16 minutes ago, morningdove said:

Is that a condition called, 'dyslexia', something you can't help? :confused:

I really do think it's a type of dyslexia. But I'm not affected in any other way other than the color thing and the number thing when tired.

I remember once I had a customer list of about 15 people to call. It was the last thing I had to do for the day. By the time I got to the, oh, 5th one I'd say, I was dialing the wrong number. I did it twice and the fella wasn't too mad. So the third time I dialed I was very specific with what # I pushed in. And I was still wrong and he was getting testy with me. So I had to give up. No matter what, if I'm tired I need to give up and walk away (as you'll notice a posting I'll make here, if it sounds dumb, well, I'm probably tired) :blink:

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

Tim, you are so right. Many are the times I've done that but then there are those times when I don't listen to my good advice, 'Nah, it'll be fine, it makes sense'...that right there should tell me I need to delete!

1 hour ago, bagwell1987 said:

Tim, you are so right. Many are the times I've done that but then there are those times when I don't listen to my good advice, 'Nah, it'll be fine, it makes sense'...that right there should tell me I need to delete!

Oh, I totally get it...

I don't sleep so well so a lot of times I am here at 1 or 2 in the morning,  when I go back and re read something I posted  I'm like 'huh?' half the time. ..

I knew you wouldn't be hurt by my cheap shot, we are just one big happy family and the cheap shots come free of charge any time I see an opportunity. ..Feel free to return fire, I got a really thick skin, goes all the way to the top of me head...:confused:

Haaa! I'm not generally thin skinned either. (But sometimes sensitive if I feel someone tries to make an example out of me. Conflict isn't a strong suit.) I love a good ribbing. I know I can give it back.

And I get the whole 'not sleeping well' thing too. I've always had a hard time with it. But the good thing for me is I don't go on the computer (like some people I know!) Talk about a mistake! As they say, it's one thing to look a fool but another to open your mouth and prove them right! Haaa, been there done that!

It is no doubt dyslexia. I have it and the worst thing I do is change phone numbers. Especially if I am tired.  I will switch the last 2 or 3 numbers around.  Its very frustrating.  It was way worse when I was young. I would right everything from right to left and backwards. My parents had to put a mirror up and show me it was backwards. Took a while to fix that. You never get rid of it if you have it. Most that do have terrible hand writing too.

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritadi

If all else fails --- Play Dead Possum Lodge Moto -- Red Green

28 minutes ago, Greg Dent said:

It is no doubt dyslexia. I have it and the worst thing I do is change phone numbers. Especially if I am tired.  I will switch the last 2 or 3 numbers around.  Its very frustrating.  It was way worse when I was young. I would right everything from right to left and backwards. My parents had to put a mirror up and show me it was backwards. Took a while to fix that. You never get rid of it if you have it. Most that do have terrible hand writing too.

I can relate to you Greg. When tired (I'd make a terrible office worker because it's my eyes, they can only take so much focusing) I HAVE to stop because I'll never get it right. And I laughed when you said that about your folks. MH had to do that for me a few times. Frustrating.

But I have to say I have beautiful handwriting, HOWEVER I practiced as a youth. I took my time and learned control. And my problem is mostly with numbers and I love numbers.

I'm gonna need to stop now and go watch tv, I'm going to sut merkng mztakrs......