JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Broadcasting for March 2017

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2561 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I liked brother Fernando Casillas' experience about coming into the Truth and leaving the gang life behind. It is especially neat that they are in Tijuana and that that is where he learned the Truth. The Mexican side of the border with the US has a lot of need in English because there are many English speakers who have to live there for one reason or another, and they aren't areas that someone would want to move to. (I know I'd rather live in Queretaro!) Those cities are often more dangerous, but this shows the great results for those that are able to serve there.

5 hours ago, boodles said:

I liked brother Fernando Casillas' experience about coming into the Truth and leaving the gang life behind. It is especially neat that they are in Tijuana and that that is where he learned the Truth. The Mexican side of the border with the US has a lot of need in English because there are many English speakers who have to live there for one reason or another, and they aren't areas that someone would want to move to. (I know I'd rather live in Queretaro!) Those cities are often more dangerous, but this shows the great results for those that are able to serve there.

I really like how realistic his experience was. It wasn't an "I found the truth, and let go of my gang life as soon as I began studying and never looked back". He relapsed big time but kept on trying and eventually succeeded.

This is also taught me that we cannot prejudge and assume that just because someone is happily entrenched in an wicked lifestyle, that he will not listen. I agree that many perhaps don't, but Jehovah's is looking for just that one lost sheep in a sense.

I  already mentioned a few comments back that I had posted an mp3 version of the new song Building My Future with Jehovah. However, one of the members on the forum requested an mp3 version of another interesting "musical interlude" that's found in the broadcast. It's the music from the video about the choices young ones can make to serve Jehovah, starting at the 14:33 mark. Lacking an official title, I just named it what Brother Lett said just before the video, Storing Up Treasures in Heaven with Jehovah. It's in the same location as the other song. They're at this link.

On 3/10/2017 at 4:21 PM, Hope said:

never mind... :D 

Hah! I saw your original post before you edited it (email notification). You must have found what you were looking for after you posted, right? :shutup:

To all, I like all about in the broadcast... Very nice broadcast and deserves to be quoted again and again by what is very very nice talks given and nice edited videos and nice music... Jehovah did it again :loopy:

Edited by Alexa

All glory and praises goes to Jehovah :) 

On 08/03/2017 at 6:36 AM, Sheep said:

Except... a car depreciates in value the longer you own it. The money you get from selling it would not cover the price of a new one. Maybe a used one though. However, property is entirely different. It increases in value the longer you own it. It's no wonder the sale of the Brooklyn properties paid for the price of the new facilities!

You get good money for this one LOL

5aa5fdf18f1761497d4ead63f05f4274.jpg

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

33 minutes ago, TRUTH04 said:

How was the transcript of the program extracted?

Sent from my TECNO DP7CPRO using Tapatalk

How to extract the subtitles from the .MP4 file?

Use the program ffmpeg.exe . (The version I used was downloaded by the soundbox installation)

e.g. "C:\Program Files (x86)\SoundBox2014\ffmpeg.exe" -i "jwb_E_201702_01_r720P.mp4" -vn -an -codec:s:0.2 srt file.srt

Above command will extract the subtitles from the file "jwb_E_201702_01_r720P.mp4" to file.srt

Some MP4 files do not contain embedded subtitles.

e.g. The annual meeting MP4 files do not have embedded subtitles.

21 hours ago, WilliamChew said:

How to extract the subtitles from the .MP4 file?

Use the program ffmpeg.exe . (The version I used was downloaded by the soundbox installation)

e.g. "C:\Program Files (x86)\SoundBox2014\ffmpeg.exe" -i "jwb_E_201702_01_r720P.mp4" -vn -an -codec:s:0.2 srt file.srt

Above command will extract the subtitles from the file "jwb_E_201702_01_r720P.mp4" to file.srt

Some MP4 files do not contain embedded subtitles.

e.g. The annual meeting MP4 files do not have embedded subtitles.

I'd just like to add  something to Bro Chew's advice: You may find you can not extract subtitles from videos that are specially marked as having subtitles as the subtitles are hard coded into these videos. Best result is to download the normal video - at the lowest resolution for faster download, if all you want are the subtitles - then use Bro. Chew's method or use this example: "C:\ffmpeg.exe" -i C:\xxx.mp4 -map 0:s:0 C:\xxx.srt

On 3/21/2017 at 10:22 PM, Jothob said:

Does anyone know why the song at the end of the march broadcast hasn't appeared on the wt library yet? Usually they get added on soon after the broadcast! Thanks :-)

23 March 2017 version of Habakkuk 2:3  “Even if [the song at the end of the March broadcast - Building My Future with Jehovah] should delay, Josie, keep in expectation of it; for it will without fail come.....” :yes:

6 hours ago, Skye said:

23 March 2017 version of Habakkuk 2:3  “Even if [the song at the end of the March broadcast - Building My Future with Jehovah] should delay, Josie, keep in expectation of it; for it will without fail come.....” :yes:

Yes I must work on my patience!! Hehe!! ;-)