JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Broadcasting for March 2017

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2588 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

6 minutes ago, Sheep said:

I appreciated what Brother Lett was saying about Jesus' possibilities in the first century. He could have invented telephones and computers... long before AT&T and Microsoft ever existed! If he had done that, where would those companies be today?

Well one would be Lord Bell instead of MA Bell. :D or maybe JCT instead of AT&T :D

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

1 hour ago, Sheep said:

I appreciated what Brother Lett was saying about Jesus' possibilities in the first century. He could have invented telephones and computers... long before AT&T and Microsoft ever existed! If he had done that, where would those companies be today?

I really appreciated that too because I think it demonstrates that if Jesus sacrificed what he *could* have been for Kingdom interests, then we (young and old) would be following in his footsteps if we did too.

And this wasn't limited to those who may not have as high of intelligence or natural ability as others. Jesus has more intelligence and abilities than anyone ever. The world nowadays says that only ignorant people pass on higher education and prominence. Well, how do they explain Jesus?

That was a fantastic illustration.

Regarding the 20,000 chairs experience (43:27) out of which 6,000 chairs were borrowed from the congregations in San Antonio.

How did those congregations who lent their chairs have their meetings without chairs. Does anyone know?

2 minutes ago, WilliamChew said:

Regarding the 20,000 chairs experience (43:27) out of which 6,000 chairs were borrowed from the congregations in San Antonio.

How did those congregations who lent their chairs have their meetings without chairs. Does anyone know?

I was thinking that they all attended the same Convention and didn't need the chairs at their Halls.

Edited by Bob

20 minutes ago, Bob said:

Anyone catch when Lett mentioned that the money used to fund the Warwick project came from the sale of the Brooklyn properties with none coming from the WWW contributions?

Yes! I didn't know that. That's impressive.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 hour ago, rocket said:

Is it just me or do others notice that Bro Lett appears to be more gaunt than in previous broadcast?

I don't know but he seemed even more animated than usual! You can't help loving him.

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

I really enjoyed this months broadcast. I bet the friends in their congregations will get a kick out of those brothers who were dressed like gangsters :lol:

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

2 hours ago, rocket said:

Is it just me or do others notice that Bro Lett appears to be more gaunt than in previous broadcast?

I'm not sure. I was comparing some of his other appearances recently (JWB January 2016, Morning Worship December 2016), and I seem to notice a slight difference. I'm not certain though. As Chris mentioned above, he is more animated than usual.

6 hours ago, Sheep said:

We would have computers that didn't crash, and systems that couldn't be hacked or taken control by malware.  He already invented the ultimate storage system.

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1102010345#h=16

Imagine have a DNA-Drive.

6 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Yes! I didn't know that. That's impressive.

Yeah, this basically established the truth of the May 2015 Broadcast where he stated that the sale of the Brooklyn properties were funding Warwick. So really they suffered no financial losses in the move as well. Its the same as if you sell your old car to buy a new one. The sale of the old car completely covered the price of the new one, so you don't have to tap into your bank account.

I wish I could do that move often!

:offtopic:: Not sure many who commented on Lynn's comment are referring to the same thing ....but again, I could be wrong. I've known gaunt to be used in a different way - thin and bony.

Back to the topic: Br. Lett is one of my fav presenters - his animated way draws me in and surely captures my attention. It was great seeing photos of him as a kid, in his teens and early life.

The  ex-violent brother...hahahaha! Beating pistols to plowshares - NICE!:thumbsup:

25 minutes ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

He also beat them into weedwhackers and lawnmowers.:D. Precious.

He's so happy! His laughter....makes you want to laugh along. One cannot even imagine that he used to carry weapons and injure people. This is the wolf-to-sheep transformation we read about. 

These brothers who enact these life stories, for example the gangs, the clergy, prison inmates ..cool!

7 hours ago, Bob said:

Yeah, this basically established the truth of the May 2015 Broadcast where he stated that the sale of the Brooklyn properties were funding Warwick. So really they suffered no financial losses in the move as well. Its the same as if you sell your old car to buy a new one. The sale of the old car completely covered the price of the new one, so you don't have to tap into your bank account.

I wish I could do that move often!

Except... a car depreciates in value the longer you own it. The money you get from selling it would not cover the price of a new one. Maybe a used one though. However, property is entirely different. It increases in value the longer you own it. It's no wonder the sale of the Brooklyn properties paid for the price of the new facilities!

3 minutes ago, Sheep said:

It's no wonder the sale of the Brooklyn properties paid for the price of the new facilities!

That's a nice fact to tuck away in case anyone is overly concerned about the size or quality of the complex. It does look very expansive and expensive.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

the program was really encouraging, and the SONG! the song was great. Last time i said my favorite was the "stop, think and pray". now, this month's my new favorite. :rockon: hehe.

and by the way, this link is not yet working for me even until now. :confused: any tip?

https://www.jw.org/download/?fileformat=MP4&output=html&pub=jwb&issue=201703