JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community
We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2615 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

40 minutes ago, SteEis said:

The book Insight on the Scriptures (it-1 [5411-1] / it-2 [5411-2]) is not available any more in English.

How do you know? I wonder why?

"If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem." (tu)  

All spelling and grammatical errors are for your enjoyment and entertainment only and are copyright Burt, aka Pjdriver.

6 minutes ago, mserskine said:

It's still on JW Library and on the online library.

i think it just means that it's no longer available for download on jw.org

"If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem." (tu)  

All spelling and grammatical errors are for your enjoyment and entertainment only and are copyright Burt, aka Pjdriver.

2 hours ago, SteEis said:

The book Insight on the Scriptures (it-1 [5411-1] / it-2 [5411-2]) is not available any more in English.

Stefan, one of your tags is 'order', do you mean the hard copies are not available to be ordered?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

32 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

Stefan, one of your tags is 'order', do you mean the hard copies are not available to be ordered?

Yes, it is "currently not available" to order.

In my opinion - this is yet another way of cutting costs. We all have it electronically on our phones, tablets PCs and on wol.jw.org. Do we really need to give new students a paper copy?

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

1 hour ago, Pjdriver said:

i think it just means that it's no longer available for download on jw.org

I think it means the hard copies are no longer available because it is available on JW.Org. 

Although I haven't checked yet...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

15 minutes ago, mserskine said:

It's NOT on JW.org. Just in JW Library, Watchtower online library and on the WT library DVD

Just a thought - isn't wol  a JW.org address? So, if it's available thru the Watchtower Online Library at jw.org doesn't that make it "on jw.org"?

Perhaps you mean - it isn't available as a PDF download any longer.

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

42 minutes ago, trottigy said:

Yes, it is "currently not available" to order.

In my opinion - this is yet another way of cutting costs. We all have it electronically on our phones, tablets PCs and on wol.jw.org. Do we really need to give new students a paper copy?

What about the pictures and charts?

(I have them as PDFs in Documents 5 on my iPad. If anyone wants the links I will try to retrace my steps! 1988 printing.)

edit:

Maybe Brother Herd has nearly finished updating them. :lol:

Edited by ChrisTheConfused

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

7 minutes ago, ArthurW said:

I don't recall them to have been ever available as a PDF download on JW.org

Correct, the Insight volumes were never available to download from jw.org in the first place. I gather Stefan means that the hard copies are no longer available to request through the congregation. Again, though, this is nothing new - a letter to all congregations in November 2015 said that the Insight volumes would soon become unavailable to request once stock has been depleted at the branch. Apparently, stock of the Insight volumes has just been depleted. The letter went on to say, however, that if the items later become available, congregations will be notified by letter. So, we may at some time in the future see a return of the printed copies of the Insight volumes if the demand for them becomes particularly strong or for some other reason the branch sees fit.

32 minutes ago, trottigy said:

Just a thought - isn't wol  a JW.org address? So, if it's available thru the Watchtower Online Library at jw.org doesn't that make it "on jw.org"?

Perhaps you mean - it isn't available as a PDF download any longer.

It is a JW.org address but what I meant is you can't download a copy in any format.

8 minutes ago, jscotchie said:

So, we may at some time in the future see a return of the printed copies of the Insight volumes if the demand for them becomes particularly strong or for some other reason the branch sees fit.

Yes, the brothers need time to add all of the information from the new scrolls. ...:D

The 2015 update was never available as a printed hard copy.  I reckon there are copies around somewhere - in literature cupboards at KHs.  We have 2 sets in stock, not new - returned ones, good as new though so we kept them in case someone wanted a copy.  Nobody has requested a copy.   If they have a set already or use a digital one.  I think these were returned because the brothers simply didn't make use of them, only using digital versions.

Would like to see the JW Library / WT Library version updated with pictures and charts, and/or official PDF edition. 

Its like the 1984 Reference Bible.  Its still a good bible to use - footnotes, references etc that are not available anywhere else.  But no printed editions anymore - only digital.

Even commercial encyclopaedias are not In printed format anymore.   Britannica stopped it printed edition in 2012, even its DVD edition was stopped in 2015.  Now its online only.

in the past the publications that fit the needs like the "Aid" book and the "Insight books' were replaced every 20 years or so...  I've been expecting them to do a replacement soonish for a few years.  being that we had a year of no publication.. maby this year will be a bigger convention release year?...  shrugs.... who knows...  they could change things up and just release stuff anytime they want without an assembly or convetion to do it with kingdom hall real time tie ins.  8D

For a long long time (I don't know how it is now, but) only Volume 1 of Insight could be ordered in Dutch. I think because this one was still in stock..

It was possible to order Volume 2, but because Volume 2 became more like a "collectors item", I heard they stopped printing Volume 2.

So sometimes someone had to wait months or maybe a year to get a copy, (if the branch didn't cancel the order earlier)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G903F met Tapatalk

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)