JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

DISCUSS COURT CASE HERE JW.org - Jehovah’s Witnesses Mobilize Global Response to Threat of Ban in Russia

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1403 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

The Jehovah’s Witnesses targeted in the arson attack have, according to a media report, since decided to leave Russia. They are not alone in doing so.

“I have heard some friends have already left,” Sivulskiy said. “They’re afraid for their children. The quantity of cases will increase I think.”

Who can blame the friends for leaving for the safety of their lives? especially when children are involved?  The persecution of Brother Trophim R. Nsomba and thousands of other brothers and sisters from Malawi have set a precedent for the Russian friends (from the w15 4/15 p. 14):  https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2015283

As the persecution intensified in Malawi, thousands of us fled the country.

May Jehovah guide and protect our spiritual family in the wake of this modern-day persecution!  :bible2:

So we should expect our brothers in Russia to submit their appeal today as this is the last day of the 1 month that we had to appeal. Is that correct?

Micah 4:5 ......"we, for our part, shall walk in the name of Jehovah our God to time indefinite, even forever."

John 15:13 "No one has love greater than this, that someone should surrender his life in behalf of his friends."

3 hours ago, SusanE said:

HI:) Just wondering how one gets English translation?  Thanks!

Select the option to google translate to English always!

Screenshot_2017-05-18-23-43-23-1.png

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

3 hours ago, Desert Dan said:

So is there any truth to the Orthodox Ukrainian situation and a possibility of what was mentioned with the Bill, or is the false news?

https://mospat.ru/ru/2017/05/16/news146007/

Here is the ROC's own website if you want to check it. I selected to google translate on English.

cat2_e0.gif

2 hours ago, SUNRAY said:

https://mospat.ru/ru/2017/05/16/news146007/

Here is the ROC's own website if you want to check it. I selected to google translate on English.

You can select the English translation button on the site itself.

If this news is true, then I'm very curious how this will end. And if UN will step into it.

Since Russia’s ban, persecution of Jehovah’s Witnesses is ‘worse than ever’
By LAUREN MARKOE Religion News Service

First Published May 18 2017 04:51PM    •    Last Updated May 18 2017 04:51 pm

Since the Russian Supreme Court labeled Jehovah's Witnesses an "extremist" group, vandals have targeted followers and their banks accounts have been frozen. Stones were thrown at a St. Petersburg assembly hall and someone tried to burn the Moscow home of a Jehovah's Witness to the ground, a church spokesman said.

The ruling seems to have emboldened those who resent and fear the Witnesses, a religious minority that has suffered more than most in President Vladimir Putin's Russia, where the Russian Orthodox Church enjoys the backing of the state and harassment of gays and other marginalized groups has spiked in recent years.

http://www.sltrib.com/home/5307270-155/since-russias-ban-persecution-of-jehovahs

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Since Russia’s ban, persecution of Jehovah’s Witnesses is ‘worse than ever’

By LAUREN MARKOE Religion News Service

First Published May 18 2017 04:51PM    •    Last Updated May 18 2017 04:51 pm

Since the Russian Supreme Court labeled Jehovah's Witnesses an "extremist" group, vandals have targeted followers and their banks accounts have been frozen. Stones were thrown at a St. Petersburg assembly hall and someone tried to burn the Moscow home of a Jehovah's Witness to the ground, a church spokesman said.

The ruling seems to have emboldened those who resent and fear the Witnesses, a religious minority that has suffered more than most in President Vladimir Putin's Russia, where the Russian Orthodox Church enjoys the backing of the state and harassment of gays and other marginalized groups has spiked in recent years.

http://www.sltrib.com/home/5307270-155/since-russias-ban-persecution-of-jehovahs

Article source in Salt Lake Tribune:

http://religionnews.com/2017/05/18/since-ban-persecution-of-jehovahs-witnesses-is-worse-than-ever/

1 hour ago, SusanE said:

Thank you Sunray, but maybe because I'm on a Notebook, I don't see those settings.  Would you know how I'd do it on a NB?  Thank you so much!

If you go to Anton's facebook page, click on any blog and you should get the option at the bottom of the page ro translate into English..actually, I chose to always translate into English, then just tap on what seems interesting (perhaps by the displayed picture). https://m.facebook.com/achivchalov/?ref=page_internal

Screenshot_2017-05-17-16-13-55-1.png

Edited by SUNRAY

add link

cat2_e0.gif

1 hour ago, SusanE said:

Sunray:  Thank you so very much! :)  Guess I didn't know to go to this brother's FB page.  I was going straight to the Articles & not finding option to translate to English.  Thanks again so much!

You are very welcome!:D

cat2_e0.gif

Expert: ban "Jehovah's Witnesses" in Russia will reduce the number of their adherents

MOSCOW, May 17 - RIA Novosti.Authorities' decision to ban the activities of the organization in the Russian center "Jehovah's Witnesses", recognized as extremist, will lead to a sharp decrease in the number of its followers and protect their civil rights. This opinion was expressed on Wednesday at a meeting in the State Duma, the famous Russian sectologist, president of the Russian Association of Centers for Study of Religions and Sects (RATSIRS) Alexander Dvorkin.

https://ria.ru/religion/20170517/1494511149.html
66f566c7876aeeee499bcaf372321d1b.jpg&key=ebe8b117bf0a6effde6c557401e9d171803b2ae4761fbcf9303b8dc99d0e62b5

By the way source was from Anton tweet: Screenshot_20170519-193950.png

Screenshot_20170519-193950.png

50 minutes ago, Tbs77 said:

Expert: ban "Jehovah's Witnesses" in Russia will reduce the number of their adherents

MOSCOW, May 17 - RIA Novosti.Authorities' decision to ban the activities of the organization in the Russian center "Jehovah's Witnesses", recognized as extremist, will lead to a sharp decrease in the number of its followers and protect their civil rights. This opinion was expressed on Wednesday at a meeting in the State Duma, the famous Russian sectologist, president of the Russian Association of Centers for Study of Religions and Sects (RATSIRS) Alexander Dvorkin.

https://ria.ru/religion/20170517/1494511149.html

There is so much wrong with this article it's ridiculous. For instance:- 

According to Dvorkin, the Ministry of Justice of the Russian Federation, having initiated the initiative to liquidate the parent organization Jehovah's Witnesses, primarily pursued the goal of "protecting the civil rights of members of this organization." :confused:

Micah 4:5 ......"we, for our part, shall walk in the name of Jehovah our God to time indefinite, even forever."

John 15:13 "No one has love greater than this, that someone should surrender his life in behalf of his friends."

On 19/5/2017 at 9:12 AM, skipdaflip said:

Even the Religious Information Service of Ukraine got this article on their site.

Religious Information Service of Ukraine

In that same website I found this interesting article:

https://risu.org.ua/en/index/expert_thought/authors_columns/asorokowski_column/66964/

Surprisingly impartial and accurate.

18 hours ago, MentalProject said:

There is so much wrong with this article it's ridiculous. For instance:- 

According to Dvorkin, the Ministry of Justice of the Russian Federation, having initiated the initiative to liquidate the parent organization Jehovah's Witnesses, primarily pursued the goal of "protecting the civil rights of members of this organization." :confused:

I couldn't help but chuckle when I read the end comment from this article.  The commenter says:

Aaaa, so that's it! The fact that [their] followers will be jailed for their beliefs as it was in Nazi Germany, [is] now called "the protection of civil rights of members of the organization!" And in general, would now be in 2017 believe the words of a schizophrenic Dworkin with the help of ...

:lol:

Edited by Omo_Yeme