JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

DISCUSS COURT CASE HERE JW.org - Jehovah’s Witnesses Mobilize Global Response to Threat of Ban in Russia

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1459 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

1 minute ago, Samira said:

16:32   Novakov recalls that the representative of the Ministry of Justice accused Jehovah's Witnesses in cynicism in his debates. "I'll tell you what cynicism is," Novakov said. When the Ministry of Justice in the court on an MPO first says that the rights of the CA are not affected, and then these decisions are presented as the basis for eliminating the CA. Or when the Ministry of Justice perceives much more harsh statements against Jehovah's Witnesses as "ordinary criticism", while calling "extremism" those statements that are far from extremism. When, contrary to the available data, the Ministry of Justice dismisses reports of falsification, it does not dare to cite cases when falsification is clearly fixed on the video. "That's what cynicism is!" Concludes Novakov.

Bravo!

"Absolute rubbish”

16:40 A representative of Cherepanov begins his speech in the debate. He believes that if the court leaves Jehovah's Witnesses in the legal field, Russia will not only not suffer damage, but on the contrary will improve its reputation both inside the country and on the international arena. Decisions against Jehovah's Witnesses have been appealed to the ECHR and the UN Human Rights Committee.
16:45 "We have had good cooperation with the Justice Ministry for decades," says Cherepanov. "I think the Justice Ministry should feel in a sense our defender, he registered us!" Addressing to the representatives of the Ministry of Justice, Cherepanov said: "Let's be friends! Do not become a punitive body. We do not want to sue you, we ask that you help us, and do not look for a reason to close us. "

All glory and praises goes to Jehovah :) 

16:47 Cherepanov talks about the problem of denigrating the good name of Jehovah's Witnesses in the media. Attributed to various atrocities, for example, "weaning apartments." Proving the falsity of this myth, Cherepanov recalls the biblical commandment "Do not covet someone else's".
16:50 "The strength of a powerful state is precisely to protect the interests of the minority, because the majority will stand for itself."

Full text of the speech by Sergey Cherepanov (PDF, 105 KB)

Cherepanov's words are truly touching- not words an enemy would utter. Only a loving person would say such words to someone not wishing them well. Truce! All JW in Russia want is the freedom to worship their God in peace. We are not interested in suing the MoJ.

"Let's be friends! Do not become a punitive body. We do not want to sue you, we ask that you help us, and do not look for a reason to close us." 

This experience is one for the history books. Makes me wonder about the "new scrolls" in paradise... 

Imagine if all of our "last days experiences" and struggles are written about in a similar fashion to how other biblical accounts are written. "Accounts of the last days and New Jerusalem". :D  

Though we won't "recall" perhaps just the pains we will not recall, but the experiences of Jehovah's people written down as an important part of the histories.  

1 hour ago, Irving. said:

thanks much for this :)

I would appreciate very much if you could post links for all the other transcripts

Thanks ;)

" Indeed, what do you have that you did not receive ? "

10 minutes ago, Dages said:

We have some very nice speeches here. Yearbook material for sure !

Also jw broadcasting for sure!

I hope the Brothers  recorded everything for our spiritual heritage!

Edited by Daniela

“The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance, the wise grows it under his feet.” 

16:55 Respondent representative Kalin: "Unreasonable and reckless accusation of the Ministry of Justice not only degrades itself and its functions, but humiliates the entire state in the eyes of the international community. If a respected representative of the Ministry of Justice has personal convictions that Jehovah's Witnesses are extremists, I'm very sorry. If the representative of the Ministry of Justice was a victim of the circumstances in which he fell into, and is forced to perform just the role of accuser, I am also sorry. But in either case you will have to answer before your own conscience. "
15:56 Kalin recalls responsibility before God and says: "I take this opportunity to issue a warning to the Prosecutor General's Office and the Ministry of Justice. Please, come to your senses!Please, come to your senses!"

Full text of the speech of Vasily Kalin (PDF, 46 KB)
17:00 The parties exchange replicas.

Edited by Alexa

I think we will have a verdict today or tomorrow. 

It was a very VERY courageous thing for the Brothers to call out the representative of Ministry of Justice personally.  I love that they have decided to end on a spiritual note calling them to recognize their actions before Jehovah.  I feel sure the angels applauded when these brothers finished.  I am very proud of them.

Edited by sunshine

1 hour ago, Alexa said:

They did not have any posters and they did not come out to protest the lawsuit that began in the Supreme Court on April 5, 2017. They went out to clean up the garbage that had accumulated over the winter. So who are these people? Extremists or good Christians?

Wow....Love this. What a comparison to Protestors of the world. 

I have loved every page.

been following through my emails. 

I pray Jehovah makes the Minister of "Justice"... be reasonable & show what true Justice means.

Thanks for all the posts friends.:hugs:

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

4 minutes ago, Foxes53 said:

Whatever the judgement of the court a very fine witness has been given. Jehovah has won this one whatever the earthly courts decide !

Amen!!

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody."