JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

DISCUSS COURT CASE HERE JW.org - Jehovah’s Witnesses Mobilize Global Response to Threat of Ban in Russia

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1461 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

1 minute ago, UpstateKate said:

You should probably delete this. The You Tube user who posted this is calledThe Governing Body of Apostate Witnesses

Sorry I had checked it.

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

19 minutes ago, Lemuil said:

I watched carefully for the reaction of the audience in the court after the decision. It was extremely brave. Just silence and humility.

Yes reminded me of the final video from the 2016 video where the friends are in a basement when the "authorities" come to get them and they are standing firm and resolute. Jehovah knows what he is doing. 

18:50   

The Supreme Court decided to liquidate the centralized religious organization of Jehovah's Witnesses in Russia, as well as all 395 local religious organizations of the religion.

Believers have already started to prepare a complaint to the court of appeal (a panel of three judges of the Supreme Court), which should be considered within a month.

31 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

Personally I doubt that information is correct. ...

Me too. I received that message too, but there is nothing like that on Guinness book. The source is a dubious site. ..

“The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance, the wise grows it under his feet.” 

On to Round 2 ... more judges .. more exposure.. the world will be really looking 

Zeph 3:17 Jehovah your God is in the midst of you. As a mighty One, he will save. He will exult over you with rejoicing. He will become silent in his love. He will be joyful over you with happy cries....... Love it....a beautiful word picture.

5 minutes ago, URIT said:

No, this was original from the official Site.

do or do not - there is no choice

Ok Original site from A brother sorry.? I have been trying to find it again,

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

Meanwhile, in the U.K., the news is full of election campaign stories. It's looking even more laughably insignificant.

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

We are about to start our family worship right now. Frankly am heart broken. We planned to sing tonight. Maybe this will cheer me up. I know Jehovah does not lose. I hope to be strong, i want to be an example to my wife. I feel like just going to bed and cry.

It is not important where we serve nor in what capacity but, rather, whom we serve. MARKUS HARTLIEF

2 minutes ago, Abbyz said:

We are about to start our family worship right now. Frankly am heart broken. We planned to sing tonight. Maybe this will cheer me up. I know Jehovah does not lose. I hope to be strong, i want to be an example to my wife. I feel like just going to bed and cry.

take courage my brother, When the Apostles were persecuted, they rejoiced, not because they were happy to being persecuted but for doing what was pleasing and right in Jehovah's eyes.

The one showing favor to the lowly is lending to Jehovah

Would be nice to know exactly what the judge said and how he explained his decision. It is ridiculous that they can even call that court a Supreme Court when only 1 judge makes the final decision. Here in the US, 9 judges weigh in on each case. That is what makes it Supreme and gives it weight over all other courts.

"People don't know what they like, they like what they know."

The Supreme Court decided to liquidate the centralized religious organization of Jehovah's Witnesses in Russia, as well as all 395 local religious organizations of the religion.

Believers have already started to prepare a complaint to the court of appeal (a panel of three judges of the Supreme Court), which should be considered within a month. https://jw-russia.org/pages/17040614-132.html#0420

The Supreme Court decided to liquidate the Jehovah's Witnesses. They are preparing an appeal
https://jw-russia.org/news/17042018-149.html

Did anyone else see the live feed from the first link? It was all in Russian, which is gibberish to me, but afterwords everyone seemed surreal or complacent (at least from what I saw). But this must have been despite the adverse (appallingly unjust) ruling.

I have to admit, I am also in tears. Must remember that Jehovah's thinking is higher than man's and although we may not understand why it's being allowed, Jehovah does and it goes along with the outworking of his will right now. Time will reveal Jehovah's wisdom in allowing this.

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D