JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

DISCUSS COURT CASE HERE JW.org - Jehovah’s Witnesses Mobilize Global Response to Threat of Ban in Russia

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1552 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Interesting this week's TREASSURES FROM GOD'S WORD:

“Be Courageous Like Jeremiah”: (10 min.)

Jer 26:2-6—Jehovah instructed Jeremiah to proclaim a warning message (w09 12/1 24 ¶6)

Jer 26:8, 9, 12, 13—Jeremiah did not let his opponents frighten him (jr 21 ¶13)

Jer 26:16, 24—Jehovah protected his courageous prophet (w09 12/1 25 ¶1)

All about courage! Timely food! Our Brothers in court today were courageous like Jeremiah!

We know that they might win this battle, but they will lose the war. For sure!

Edited by Daniela

“The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance, the wise grows it under his feet.” 

On Tuesday, March 21, 2017 at 9:46 PM, Tortuga said:

Here is a little history...

*** jv chap. 30 pp. 694-695 ‘Defending and Legally Establishing the Good News’ ***

Global Publicity Brings Some Relief

Other governments too have dealt harshly with Jehovah’s Witnesses, prohibiting their meetings and public preaching. In some cases these governments have caused the Witnesses to be forced out of secular employment and their children to be barred from the schools. A number of governments have also resorted to physical brutality. Yet, these same lands usually have constitutions that guarantee religious freedom. With a view to bringing relief to their persecuted brothers, the Watch Tower Society has frequently given worldwide publicity to details concerning such treatment. This is done by means of the Watchtower and Awake! magazines, and these reports are at times taken up by the public press. Many thousands of letters making appeals in behalf of the Witnesses then flood into the offices of government officials from all over the world.

As a result of such a campaign in 1937, the governor of Georgia, in the United States, received some 7,000 letters from four countries within a two-day period, and the mayor of La Grange, Georgia, was also deluged with thousands of letters. Such campaigns were likewise conducted in behalf of Jehovah’s Witnesses in Argentina in 1978 and 1979, Benin in 1976, Burundi in 1989, Cameroon in 1970, the Dominican Republic in 1950 and 1957, Ethiopia in 1957, Gabon in 1971, Greece in 1963 and 1966, Jordan in 1959, Malawi in 1968, 1972, 1975, and again in 1976, Malaya in 1952, Mozambique in 1976, Portugal in 1964 and 1966, Singapore in 1972, Spain in 1961 and again in 1962, also Swaziland in 1983.

As a recent example of what is done by Jehovah’s Witnesses worldwide to bring relief to their oppressed brothers, consider the situation in Greece. Because of the intensity of persecution of Jehovah’s Witnesses at the instigation of the Greek Orthodox clergy there, in 1986 both the Watchtower and Awake! magazines (with combined international circulation of over 22,000,000 copies) reported details of the persecution. Witnesses in other lands were invited to write to officials of the Greek government in behalf of their brothers. They did; and as reported in the Athens newspaper Vradyni, the minister of justice was deluged with over 200,000 letters from upwards of 200 lands and in 106 languages.

Just a reminder that our organization has been down this road before. It's interesting that the brothers had a record of how many letters were sent...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Yes, "Jehovah will see to it that they have spiritual food at the proper time." Indeed!!!

Nothing, absolutely nothing can stop that! 

But wait y'all. Gird yourselves up! Because when the ban ends and this rotten system is still here, humph! There will be more of us in Russia than there is now! 

Watch and see them scratching their heads in wonderment and amazement!  

Don't mess with Jehovah!

There will be no central organization to pursue facilities for a RC. No organization to apply for a permit. Our confidence is they will be taken care of spiritually. How we do not know, it will seem like a miracle, and might well be!

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

3 minutes ago, Luezette said:

Because when the ban ends and this rotten system is still here

Perhaps the ban will continue till GT which is really at hand.

Wasn't Jehovah preparing us for GT through the videos at the last RC?

We are close...

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

1 minute ago, Old said:

Our confidence is they will be taken care of spiritually. How we do not know, it will seem like a miracle, and might well be!

This week's Wt Study shows the miraculous things that Jehovah can do using his angels and his holy spirit. He can do even more for these beloved ones. We just need faith coupled with obedience.

8 minutes ago, Daniela said:

Interesting this week's TREASSURES FROM GOD'S WORD:

“Be Courageous Like Jeremiah”: (10 min.)

Jer 26:2-6—Jehovah instructed Jeremiah to proclaim a warning message (w09 12/1 24 ¶6)

Jer 26:8, 9, 12, 13—Jeremiah did not let his opponents frighten him (jr 21 ¶13)

Jer 26:16, 24—Jehovah protected his courageous prophet (w09 12/1 25 ¶1)

All about courage! Timely food! Our Brothers in court today were courageous like Jeremiah!

We know that they might win this battle, but they will lose the war. For sure!

Jeremiah 27 and 28 are great chapters this week at exposing lies. In 28:2, 3 Hananiah speaks 3 lies: The utensils would be brought back, the king of Babylon would be subdued, and Jeconiah along with Daniel and the other exiles  would be released. Jeremiah admits that he wished that would be the future, but proclaimed the truth. Hananiah died within 2 months! Believing in a lie and trusting in the governments won't save anyone.

"People don't know what they like, they like what they know."

Today Tass news ran a long article on the banning. They were quick to point out that JWs are banned in other countries.

Which ones you ask?   China, North Korea, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Georgia, Tajikistan, Saudi Arabia, Iran and Iraq.

Does that surprise anyone? :lol1:

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

Just adding to all your comments, that though I'm shocked at waking up to this news, I have also a sense of unity with all our brothers worldwide galvanised to keep going in worshipping Jehovah. Persecution strengthens our resolve and we won't give up this close to the end!

To Our dear brothers in Russia who are bearing the brunt, we are with you in spirit and unity. We have strong faith in Jehovah to keep you alive spiritually and to look after all your needs. Our prayers continue, with much love.

I have also a sense of unity with all our brothers worldwide galvanised to keep going in worshipping Jehovah. Persecution strengthens our resolve and we won't give up this close to the end!

I had wondered if the letter campaign was aimed to strengthen our dear brothers and sisters who were about to go through hard times.

5 minutes ago, Old said:

Today Tass news ran a long article on the banning. They were quick to point out that JWs are banned in other countries.

Which ones you ask?   China, North Korea, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Georgia, Tajikistan, Saudi Arabia, Iran and Iraq.

Are they banned in Eritrea? It's not in the yearbook, but another branch might oversee multiple countries like the US does.

"People don't know what they like, they like what they know."

1 minute ago, Old said:

Yes, we are banned in Egypt. I don't know why they missed it. Nobody is perfect!

Small country with pointed pyramids ..hard to notice ..We understand LOL :whistling:

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

6 minutes ago, Old said:

Yes, we are banned in Egypt. I don't know why they missed it. Nobody is perfect!

.....been there, done that.... 4000 years ago....some things never change...

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

56 minutes ago, Old said:

Now imagine, if you will, what the outcome would have been if these same 30+ news organizations publicized our campaign of MILLIONS of letters written/sent to Russia from the four corners of the earth?

The media's reply?  Well, er...we couldn't write articles about your letter-writing campaign because that would give the world the impression that Jehovah's Witnesses are a united brotherhood and lend proof that you really do follow the teachings of your Jesus Christ.  Sorry,...we can't do that! 

"The ruling goes into effect immediately", says our website. I imagine they will do whatever it takes to stop our Brothers to be prepared for the appeal. And that makes me angry... :angry:

Edited by Daniela

“The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance, the wise grows it under his feet.” 

21 minutes ago, Old said:

Old, 

In Georgia brothers enjoy religious freedom. In 2013 branch was dedicated to Jehovah and it operates as normal as in other European countries. 

I wonder how the banned brothers are able to file an appeal? Aren't they now considered to be extremist criminals?

Is all of their research and legal material seized? 

I have my meeting tonight.   I plan on singing out loud for the sake of my brothers who today were silenced even though temporary.    Every moment I can muster to be out in the ministry is for Jehovah's glory and all my brothers.   We are a united family, Jehovah (as many have already stated in this thread) has our back, no matter what else drops or falls upon us all. 

Sing Out Joyfully to Jehovah!
Bring it!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk