JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

DISCUSS COURT CASE HERE JW.org - Jehovah’s Witnesses Mobilize Global Response to Threat of Ban in Russia

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1414 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

15 hours ago, Gregexplore said:

That itself is a huge witness.

...and do not forget the witness given in the post offices where we live... I've sent my 6 letters from 3 different post offices on Saturday, my daughter went to a 4th office... and I plan to compose another buch of letters tomorrow ...  In order to compensate the difficulty that our brothers from poor contries will face with the cost of post mail...

Concerning the time frame, my husband mentioned that even though the hearing is April 5, in light of the arrival of possibly hundreds of thousands of early letters, and the reading of some required by ones each ministry...maybe the hearing would be posponed, or the decision would be posponed, or as mentioned..an appeal would be granted! It seems very likely that at least the Russian Brotherhood will be able to attend the Memorial in their halls..hope and pray for that, at least!!:lol:

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

1 minute ago, SUNRAY said:

Concerning the time frame, my husband mentioned that even though the hearing is April 5, in light of the arrival of possibly hundreds of thousands of early letters, and the reading of some required by ones each ministry...maybe the hearing would be posponed, or the decision would be posponed, or as mentioned..an appeal would be granted! It seems very likely that at least the Russian Brotherhood will be able to attend the Memorial in their halls..hope and pray for that, at least!!:lol:

I hope (pray) that this tactic delays the proceedings long enough that the brothers are able to meet in their KH's for the Memorial and many interested people join them.

Even if that is all the letters accomplish, it will be worth it...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

My husband's observation: "The pen is mightier than the sword."...also...just a thought..local mail could be mixed in with the local letters from our friends..holding up people's pension checks...even pay checks, bills, etc.   (that could affect their credit and income) .. and citizen's lives to where others might want a favorable outcome to stop this "plague of letters"!:D

cat2_e0.gif

Regarding this link posted on the previous page, (http://www2.stetson.edu/~psteeves/relnews/170324a.html    I found it interesting how the brothers were supposed to receive legal documents by "post", but they did not receive them! I wonder why??:unsure:

Screenshot_2017-03-26-12-57-11-1.png

Edited by SUNRAY

spelling

cat2_e0.gif

Lets have some math fun...

I calculated that 100 Million letters would make a single stack over 30 miles high...

What is your calculation?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 hour ago, Gi-Gi said:

Thank you Mandi.

I copied and pasted it from the Russian Synodal Bible which is the same Bible that the Russian Orthodox use.

Warm hugs to you ... we will all do 'just so' and that is personal between us and Jehovah. Loved your letter xxx

1 hour ago, SUNRAY said:

My husband's observation: "The pen is mightier than the sword."...also...just a thought..local mail could be mixed in with the local letters from our friends..holding up people's pension checks...even pay checks, bills, etc.   (that could affect their credit and income) .. and citizen's lives to where others might want a favorable outcome to stop this "plague of letters"!:D

Yes, Tom said that, there will be everyday mail going to all these addresses too, so will they have to sift through all the letters to get to the ones that don't have anything to do with this issue?

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

32 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

Lets have some math fun...

I calculated that 100 Million letters would make a single stack over 30 miles high...

What is your calculation?

if 9 million letters in envelopes were stacked up they'd be as high as Mount Everest.......

30 letters are ca 5 cm high....so 8 Million are over 13 km......

....this are from two different mathematician  .....

Edited by Samira

How thick is each letter? Some in New Zealand are buying envelopes that are prestamped, they are thicker than normal.

Edited by Stormswift

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

5 minutes ago, Stormswift said:

Warm hugs to you ... we will all do 'just so' and that is personal between us and Jehovah. Loved your letter xxx

Yes, Tom said that, there will be everyday mail going to all these addresses too, so will they have to sift through all the letters to get to the ones that don't have anything to do with this issue?

We need to pray that our friends in Russia will help one another in these areas because they can be affected also..

cat2_e0.gif

8 minutes ago, SUNRAY said:

We need to pray that our friends in Russia will help one another in these areas because they can be affected also..

I think that is a precursor for all of us before any action. Especially in light of yesterday watchtower, all those walking with Jehovah will communicate with him prior to any decision and most certainly the effects for our russian brothers and sisters would be foremost in everyone's prayers.

Just thinking on that, as brought out earlier in the thread, these letters are likened to a 'plague' from Jehovah akin to what the Israelites went through ... Shali even likened it to them standing at the shores of the red sea with Pharoah's army charging in ... which is awesome. So if we stick to this analogy, after the first plague, it didn't go well for the Israelites for a bit, in fact it got harder ... until Jehovah's hand continued to be upon the Egyptians. So let's see what happens.

Edited by Stormswift

We had a nice touch at our meeting today. We had a shortened WT so at the end the letter could be read regarding letter writing, then we watched the Broadcast with Bro. Sanderson.  We have no meetings next week because we have our Circuit Assembly, so all were encouraged to use the time to write their person letter. 

5 hours ago, Samira said:

if 9 million letters in envelopes were stacked up they'd be as high as Mount Everest.......

30 letters are ca 5 cm high....so 8 Million are over 13 km......

....this are from two different mathematician  .....

"In the final part of the days, [the letters from the worldwide congregation] of Jehovah will become firmly established above the top of the mountains, and it will be raised up above the hills."—Isaiah 2:2 :) 

Must remember to put capital Y for Yours You Yourself as I know it is the way with formal Russian letters. 

Could we think on some of the objections that we could respectfully present persuasive evidence with?

Reports over there have said that we are extremists because we think we are the only right religion - surely their Orthodox Church feels the same for themselves as do many religions, but we don't force anyone to our way of thinking. God wants free choice for everyone and a faith from the heart. If people want to remain in the faith of their birth then that is there

They say we are extremists because they have footage of some disgruntled person saying we split up his family when his wife took to the faith - This has already been countered many times in the letters how we make good citizens and better family members, if the none-believers give us the chance!

Certain detractors have also misinformed them that we are extremists because of the old lie of opposers that's been circulated for years that we let our children die for lack of a blood transfusion. Some mischief makers there are making much of it accusing us of being a 'suicide cult' over this and exaggerating it to us refusing other medical treatment.  So this will have to be countered some way HLC-wise or perhaps personal experiences of excellent medical none-blood care that anyone has personally experienced and favourable treatment by agreeable medical staff. Show that ours is not an unreasonable stand before our God who only gives laws to benefit all mankind.

I want to step in here for a moment. I see in posts here a that number that have stated they were sending or had sent letter(s) to the Russian Federation, but not all have not reported those numbers in our running total in "How many letters to Russia from our members?" Topic.

Also, if you have writen more since your first entry please make another entry.

Many are watching that total grow, so if you haven't made an entry please do so.

We are pushing for a thousand this evening. :thumbsup:

There is an attitude among many non-members that all we do here is make noise, there is little value to our noise. With all due respect and modesty, let's show them! :D

Edited by Old

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

I have enjoyed  reading some of the letters that are being planned to send to the Russian officials

and the comments of others. I have completed my letter which I plan to use as essentially a form

letter to each of the different officials on the Societies list. I would like to attach my letter and request that some of you brothers and sisters will review it and give your comments both pro and

con with the view I can send the most persuasive yet appropriate letter to send to all these officials. I hope this file can be viewed. Please let me know. Thank you very much.

Sincerely yours,

GStorrs46     Letter to Russia.rtf

4 minutes ago, Old said:

There is an attitude among many non-members that all we do here is make noise, there is little value to our noise.

That 'noise' helped me express my thoughts in my letters using the proper Russian etiquette, such as the proper greeting and using the capital Y.

I appreciate the 'noise'... 

23 hours ago, Gregexplore said:

I am just surprised how good we are with "over-complicating" things even though we have simple instructions to follow.

"If you own a personal business, you may use business letterhead.

• Use your own language. There is no need to have letters translated into Russian. If you are fluent in Russian, you may write letters in Russian.

• Letters should be one page in length and should be typewritten or neatly handwritten.

• Give attention to proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation.—be pp. 71-73. "

Keeping in mind the  object lesson about the unnamed prophet in this week's Watchtower, I am trying to carefully follow instructions from JW.org. In accordance with those simple instructions (excerpt above), I am not trying to translate into Russian as I am not fluent in Russian.  I am also keeping my grammar and spelling consistent with that of my primary language, as illustrated in page 73 of the BE book. 

Perhaps we have reviewed these instructions more than once on this thread, already.  I would suggest reading the entire thread before adding (repetitive) suggestions.

Personally, I would not post parts of my letter if I did not want grammatical (or other) feedback. 

Proud of all who are working diligently at this simple request.  

A sister in our congregation is a post master and she said she is getting calls from other post offices about the "moon" international stamp, supplies are getting low. :D

She said the postal service has other ways to ensure the mail is delivered so it wont be a problem if they run out of the "Moon" stamps.

She also collected a nice pile of letters at the KH today and said she would mail them using her USPS Post Master account..(:P)