JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

DISCUSS COURT CASE HERE JW.org - Jehovah’s Witnesses Mobilize Global Response to Threat of Ban in Russia

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1413 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Well, I just wrote the above letter from the sister, and will share it with the friends tomorrow while in service. Thank you as I had no idea, hardly anyway, as to how exactly to word the letter. Now I have an idea. 

As far as following instructions from the slave, as others have said here, it's important to follow instructions. As a matter of fact, I would go as far to say it's extremely important to follow those directions! 

That means then, no emails, and a single page, as in one page! Of course we may want to say more, but the slave has a reason for these instructions. As someone said, if we can't follow these instructions now, how can or will we when things begin to get worse, and I'm not referring to the GT, though "worse" is certainly included then. 

Another thing is that we be respectful when communicating with these officials, for they are "Caesar" regardless of their behavior, and Jesus said to give "Caesar" his things. Yeah, it might be hard because of what they're doing and our individual temperment, and knowing that if they don't straightened up what will happen to them, and lastly knowing that in reality they probably have no idea who they're  really messing with. 

But Jehovah knows, and in his due time and way, he'll take care of matters...for sure!!

So in the meantime, what a privilege isn't it, that Jehovah is allowing you and I to be a part of this worldwide campaign!!!

Yes, praise JEHOVAH! "THERE IS NO OTHER GOD LIKE YOU."

Edited by Luezette

3 hours ago, tekmantwo said:

You could probably use the same one, the only way they would know it's the same is if each official used your letter as an example and another official also did that,  and then they compare them. I don't think it's a problem.  The volume of letters that they receive will make the biggest impact, not necessarily what is said..

I don't agree.  That is spam. You can compose a letter and send it to all six, but Chang the salutation. Compose another letter and send it to all six.

Again and repeat , everybody only gets one unique copy.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

9 hours ago, YayaMichelle said:

Should we move this topic under private thread? This  discussion is public and the letters are very google-able for all the world to see.. so they could be copied and pasted.  These are our personal concerns to be conveyed directly to leaders of an authoritarian  government. This may be inline with  the instructions given in morning worships in many countries today to not post this  in social media (or not make it public).  Just my 2 cents.   These could be used politically against us by all malicious-minded folks out there. Thanks.

I just did a google search and found a line from my letter posted in one of the top responses. It DOES feel a little strange! As long as no one takes it out of context, I think I'm okay with it, though.

....Those who seek Jehovah can understand EVERYTHING......Proverbs 28:5. (The possibilities are endless!)

47 minutes ago, Old said:

I don't agree.  That is spam. You can compose a letter and send it to all six, but Chang the salutation. Compose another letter and send it to all six.

Ok.

41 minutes ago, Luezette said:

Hmmm, that makes nothing but complete sense Jerry! I think my thought of everyone getting the same worded letter (with their own names of course) might have flown out the window, lol.

Why? It is perfectly fine to do this if that is what you want to do. Nothing in the instructions says you cannot.

Micah 4:5 ......"we, for our part, shall walk in the name of Jehovah our God to time indefinite, even forever."

John 15:13 "No one has love greater than this, that someone should surrender his life in behalf of his friends."

9 hours ago, YayaMichelle said:

Should we move this topic under private thread? This  discussion is public and the letters are very google-able for all the world to see.. so they could be copied and pasted.  These are our personal concerns to be conveyed directly to leaders of an authoritarian  government. This may be inline with  the instructions given in morning worships in many countries today to not post this  in social media (or not make it public).  Just my 2 cents.   These could be used politically against us by all malicious-minded folks out there. Thanks.

We have tried to remind the friends many times,  If you don't want the whole world to see what you post, don't post in a public Forum.  The subject matter in this Thread is good for the public to see how serious we take Freedom of Worship without relying on the political system to solve our problems.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

48 minutes ago, Old said:

That's pretty much the same thing I said. ..just worded differently. 

I think we all know what we need to do,  if we don't,  I'm sure someone else is ready to tell us...

Just now, MentalProject said:

Why? It is perfectly fine to do this if that is what you want to do. Nothing in the instructions says you cannot.

spam
spam/  
noun
noun: spam; plural noun: spams; noun: Spam
  1. 1.
    irrelevant or inappropriate messages sent on the Internet to a large number of recipients.
    • unwanted or intrusive advertising on the Internet.
      "an autogenerated spam website"
  2. 2.
    trademark
    a canned meat product made mainly from ham.
verb
verb: spam; 3rd person present: spams; past tense: spammed; past participle: spammed; gerund or present participle: spamming
  1. 1.
    send the same message indiscriminately to (large numbers of recipients) on the Internet.

....Those who seek Jehovah can understand EVERYTHING......Proverbs 28:5. (The possibilities are endless!)

55 minutes ago, Old said:

Touché. I don't see anything wrong with sending 2/3 of the same letter to the same individual. I have changed the address on my second batch as it apparently will get there quicker and I have written the proposed correct way of addressing the individual at the start of my second batch of letters. The main body is the same though. 

We have hopefully 8million+ brothers and sisters practically saying the same thing with regards to certain facts and with regards to how we treat people. Give or take a few words.

There was no instructions from the governing body saying we could not send the same letter we have written twice.

Micah 4:5 ......"we, for our part, shall walk in the name of Jehovah our God to time indefinite, even forever."

John 15:13 "No one has love greater than this, that someone should surrender his life in behalf of his friends."

26 minutes ago, JudyO said:

....hmmm...

...are you sure?

Don't answer that in this thread...:lol1:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 hour ago, MentalProject said:

Touché. I don't see anything wrong with sending 2/3 of the same letter to the same individual. I have changed the address on my second batch as it apparently will get there quicker and I have written the proposed correct way of addressing the individual at the start of my second batch of letters. The main body is the same though. 

We have hopefully 8million+ brothers and sisters practically saying the same thing with regards to certain facts and with regards to how we treat people. Give or take a few words.

There was no instructions from the governing body saying we could not send the same letter we have written twice.

Does common sense come in to play?

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

6 minutes ago, Old said:

Does common sense come in to play?

Yep! 

On 3/22/2017 at 4:29 PM, Tortuga said:

It looks like postage from the USA is about $1.35 for a standard letter. Does that sound right?

Here in Australia postage to Russia is $2.95  well worth it for our Brothers & Sisters. 

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

4 hours ago, JudyO said:
: Spam
  1. 1.
    irrelevant or inappropriate messages sent on the Internet to a large number of recipients.
    • unwanted or intrusive advertising on the Internet.
      "an autogenerated spam website"
  2. 2.
    trademark
verb
verb: spam; 3rd person present: spams; past tense: spammed; past participle: spammed; gerund or present participle: spamming
  1. 1.
    send the same message indiscriminately to (large numbers of recipients) on the Internet.

Well, since the Governing Body asked us for letters, they certainly are not irrelevant  nor inappropriate. 

Since we were specifically told not to send by internet then they  don't fit that definition, either..

They will probably be unwanted and intrusive but I doubt they will be made with mostly ham products. ..

I'm just not seeing how our efforts for our Brothers,  requested by our Spirit Anointed,  Christ directed Governing Body can be termed as 'spam'....

I am going to write 6 very much alike letters,  differing only by whom they are addressed to and the salutation and closing remarks.

That is how I am doing mine,  

Your mileage may vary.... 

I sent 13 (6 x 2 +1) letters to Russia yesterday morning including one from my father of 90 years old who is very sick... I encouraged him to handwrite even 1 letter with his own words and he did so (he chose to write to the president of the country), then I typed it and he signed it.  I am so proud of him. We (Mother, Father and I) spent all the afternoon of Thursday doing our letters and then on Friday morning they were all out to RU.

I like the idea that a steady flood of letters, starting with Europe and Asia will hit Russian post within days. And then those of us from further afield will continue the flood for months after. Then, because we have to send by Apr 1, it will just abruptly stop some time later. Not really a flood, but a huge rolling Tsunami rolling on. Jehovah will do what he chooses, and we will keep up our prayers. A very powerful strategy.