JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

DISCUSS COURT CASE HERE JW.org - Jehovah’s Witnesses Mobilize Global Response to Threat of Ban in Russia

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1400 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

:offtopic: I just thought I would pop this post in as there may be some brothers and sisters who may not realise there is a search option at the top of every page where you can look to see if the information you are about to post,  or question you are about to ask,  has already been shared. 

Go to the little magnifying glass at the top of the forum and enter in a key word,  then in the box to the left you can click on the arrow and choose where you want to look. You can then scroll through the results to see if your info is there. This facility is available on both mobile and PC. 

There are 2 benefits for doing this: you don't have to scroll through dozens of posts and pages to see if your info is there and there are not repetitive posts in the forum saying or asking the same thing. :thumbsup:

Just trying to be helpful. xx

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

5 hours ago, Stormswift said:

No ... quality should always be there my darling, even though I suspect the majority won't be read, we don't know which ones will be, so we have to give our best to Jehovah whether its read or not. That been said, someone's best because of limited writing/academic skills may be of a lesser calibre than anothers, as far as that goes, it's all equal in Jehovah's eyes. 

Curiosity is a human nature .... at least out of curiosity some letters will be picked up and read. (100% !!!!)

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

9 hours ago, shali said:

I wrote to all six officials.  i think the return addresses are important, it shows these officials that ALL countries around the world know what they are doing! They can't hide their dirty little secrets with propaganda anymore! They are being put on notice!

Also it shows them that we are not afraid to stand up for our faith!

6 minutes ago, hatcheckgirl said:

How much do those envelope cost, Greg?

$3.25 the ones with aboriginal art stamp and air mail print ... You can post them worldwide and they look very professional.

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

3 hours ago, Bjern said:

This could easily be the biggest letter writing campaign thus far in history ~ what a witness that will be! And it feels great to be part of this historical moment! :D I wonder if the Guinness World Records takes notice of this sort of thing as well? Just curious.

A quick google threw up the following:

AMNESTY

" In December 2013, more than 2.3 million letters, emails, SMS messages, faxes and tweets were sent in the “Write for Rights” campaign, beating last year’s record of 1.9 million actions" 

https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/news/2014/02/write-rights-prisoners-freed-following-largest-ever-letter-writing-campaign/

Note worthy is that the above included email and texts ... wisely the brothers have refrained from incuding electrontic messages since if they called on, those we would no doubt crash the Russian administrative systems which could be considered and act of aggression...

DAR

Members collected 100,904 letters to military personnel in one month to set a world Record in Patriotism.

Note:  This was a submission to the official Guiness Book of Records and individuals could only write one letter each.

Edited by sunshine

2 minutes ago, Araujo JW said:

Report of a brother from Brazil:

Today, in sending letters to Russia, a postal worker said she was astonished at the union and love for our brothers and sisters in helping people we do not know. She said that today only about 40 letters were posted. Exciting! I said that it is as one of our songs says (referring to the video of the Convention): "Before I meet you, I love you with my heart." The Correio official has requested a publication and wants to study the Bible to learn more about this true love for people.

Thanks for sharing it with us. It is really

encouraging to read comments like yours.    

13 hours ago, cerebral ecstasy said:

Im in Canada, requested registered mail so it doesnt get 'lost' that was a little over $20.  

Yet maybe that wasnt needed.  I just wanted it there before the 5th.  It matters in my line of work to receive legal docs on time, and in some cases we ignore a request as abandoned if not on time due to legislation.

I am in Canada, too, and I thought the same. But sending registered for hubby and I is not in our budget. I like to think that Jehovah is going to take all our letters and miraculously drop them in Russia before April 5. :D

4 minutes ago, whitulip said:

I am in Canada, too, and I thought the same. But sending registered for hubby and I is not in our budget. I like to think that Jehovah is going to take all our letters and miraculously drop them in Russia before April 5. :D

I am sure ...Jehovah instructed all Angels to keep an eye on all the letters and make sure they get there in time

Whenever anyone asks and is willing to listen to the reason why we are writing these letters - please seize the opportunity to share the greatest reason why: John 13:34,35 love for our brothers - one of the identifying marks of true Christians. It will soon be plain to see - for all - that globally, JWs are united in worship of the only true God.  When one part of the brotherhood hurts, all others hurt too! 

Jehovah's people are really 'pouring themselves out like a drink offering'.....I find the following amazing:

• Consideration for all: Provisions made to write to some local Embassy of the Russian Federation - for those not able to afford international postage, this is a loving provision, as they can now send hundreds of letters for FREE or  simply using local rates
  • Some are volunteering to be 'collection points' for those that are unable to go to the Post Office
  • One congregation that has their week of special activity dedicated one afternoon to letter writing in the Kingdom Hall with their circuit overseer
  • Some working with postal companies have arranged for negotiated rates for the brothers, some even using their staff benefits to send all the letters express at their own expense!

Jehovah's blessing.....surely makes rich! The joy and the deepened connection to our worldwide brotherhood that we are finding in doing this unitedly (despite the circumstances) is profound. And the satisfaction that we are obedient to our God and the channel that he is using today. I am overflowing with gratitude to Jehovah. I am humbled that he is using his mortal earthly servants to accomplish what he could do in a millisecond. I am honored.

4 minutes ago, Skye said:

Whenever anyone asks and is willing to listen to the reason why we are writing these letters - please seize the opportunity to share the greatest reason why: John 13:34,35 love for our brothers - one of the identifying marks of true Christians. It will soon be plain to see - for all - that globally, JWs are united in worship of the only true God.  When one part of the brotherhood hurts, all others hurt too! 

Jehovah's people are really 'pouring themselves out like a drink offering'.....I find the following amazing:

• Consideration for all: Provisions made to write to some local Embassy of the Russian Federation - for those not able to afford international postage, this is a loving provision, as they can now send hundreds of letters for FREE or  simply using local rates
  • Some are volunteering to be 'collection points' for those that are unable to go to the Post Office
  • One congregation that has their week of special activity dedicated one afternoon to letter writing in the Kingdom Hall with their circuit overseer
  • Some working with postal companies have arranged for negotiated rates for the brothers, some even using their staff benefits to send all the letters express at their own expense!

Jehovah's blessing.....surely makes rich! The joy and the deepened connection to our worldwide brotherhood that we are finding in doing this unitedly (despite the circumstances) is profound. And the satisfaction that we are obedient to our God and the channel that he is using today. I am overflowing with gratitude to Jehovah. I am humbled that he is using his mortal earthly servants to accomplish what he could do in a millisecond. I am honored.

Dear Sister Fae...........you couldn't  have written it better.....really heart warming......thank you so much....

This morning at the post office, I could just tell the lady wanted to know what on earth this is all about.

4 of our 12 letters went out via express to Mr. Tschaika, Mr. Lebedew and Mr. Lawrow, the others went out via standard mail.

I've acquired a taste for this.

I wonder, how did that thing with the Microsoft Word Serial letters go again.... ? :devil2::D

Poccha.jpg