JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

DISCUSS COURT CASE HERE JW.org - Jehovah’s Witnesses Mobilize Global Response to Threat of Ban in Russia

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1402 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Even if the letters arrive late, the witness that will be given can't be ignored! There may be those who work in the Post Offices both here and other countries who will see the concern for our Brothers and Sisters. Then think of those who are going to be reading these letters in a governmental capacity, who are affected by our words and actions and of course their fellow Russian citizens!

“Don't judge me on my past, I don't live there anymore.”

Hi Irving!

You're images are not posting, at least I can't see them. Be sure you are attaching the pictures and not just linking to them or trying to copy and paste them.

Okay, sorry bumped into an error

Asked PO worker if he had seen a lot of letters to Russia, "yes" (as he was applying stamps, they had already run out of Overseas stamps). Then what? Ans:" I will be patching them together like I am now, with yours. " Had a discussion in which I included that Jehovah's Witnesses were historically viewed as advocates for human rights.  (US rulings in the 1930s ensured rights for all), and that others besides JWs were affected by these Russian decisions. (ex. Mormons). Asked if he had already seen contact card; he hadn't. Gave card and a  brief witness regarding JW.org's practical info for all ages.  He asked if I thought PUtin would care. "Someone might notice, through the volume of mail, that others, globally,  are interested in religious freedom. The he asked what I thought about the fact that Putin had people murdered in the street yesterday. (Hadn't heard that). I told him that is why I try to be a follower of God's KIngdom  b/c I do not believe any one human can insure world peace. He seemed to agree.   (extraction of longer conversation. )

Edited by kejedo

Btw..
If you are sending 2 or more letters to the same person, do you use the same letter, or do you write a new one?
Just curious

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G903F met Tapatalk

If you have the energy and time you can write separate letters...what I have found helpful is to send more faster by making one letter and copying and pasting it...just make sure you change the name of who your sending it to and change the address. They won't be comparing letters since it is to different individuals and even if they did its too many to compare too. I would say that would be your best bet.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, Sepie93 said:

Btw..
If you are sending 2 or more letters to the same person, do you use the same letter, or do you write a new one?
Just curiousemoji5.png

The letters I will be helping husb compose will be entirely different from mine.

9 minutes ago, kejedo said:

The letters I will be helping husb compose will be entirely different from mine.

When we sent ours we sent them as a couple and wrote how our marriage has benefited from being JW and not harmful!

“Don't judge me on my past, I don't live there anymore.”

1 minute ago, Sepie93 said:

But if you decided to send the same official for example 3 letters. Do you use 3 the same letters, or 3 different ones?

You could probably use the same one, the only way they would know it's the same is if each official used your letter as an example and another official also did that,  and then they compare them. I don't think it's a problem.  The volume of letters that they receive will make the biggest impact, not necessarily what is said..

Here we go! My boss' boss just asked me about my plans this weekend.... Told her I'll be writing letters to Mr. Putin and his key personnel. Told her there's a major letter writing campaign in which I'm participating.

Setting it up I am!

I'm in another meeting I mentioned to a colleague... "I'll be writing letters to Mr. Putin." Really? he says, "why?" . I maintain my emotions but felt like Sergey....notice the smile 25879086ff7b945f5238f975eed90164.jpg

324ce4ce3a7aba7c9828f3348ac48180.jpg

Well, I would, and this is just me, type the same letter to the six officials. At least that's what I'm thinking while typing this. I'm planning to, as above, to type one letter, print them out, and hand fill in the respective salutations.

Yes, I try the same. Only for the Russian Embassy I will make another one.

But I think I didn't explain myself correctly haha.. (Sorry!!)

The instructions said: you can send more than one letter to the same official. For example: you can send 3 letters addressed to Putin.

What would you guys do; send him 3 different letters, or use the same one, just in different envelopes.

Again, sorry I hope I explained my question better now haha

A sister in our congregation works for the United States Postal Service and she just informed the BOE that if the friends bring their letters to the meeting on Sunday she would be happy to ensure all the letters get mailed...(:P) 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

9 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

A sister in our congregation works for the United States Postal Service and she just informed the BOE that if the friends bring their letters to the meeting on Sunday she would be happy to ensure all the letters get mailed...(:P) 

How many members there are in your congregation, Richard? This sister must be a "supersister" to carry all those letters! :superman:

Good sister!!! :thumbsup:

“The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance, the wise grows it under his feet.” 

Should we be saying to the friends not to post or send certain things on instagram? Someone sent Vladimir Putin the great tribulation basement video to his official instagram. Another video is of the friends singing outside the post office in Russia. The Governing Body asked us to just. write. letters! Of course everyone has good intentions but don't run ahead of Jehovah's chariot! Jehovah will take care of the rest. 

2 hours ago, Sepie93 said:

Btw..
Just curiousemoji5.png

Same letter, just sending it on a different day.

Micah 4:5 ......"we, for our part, shall walk in the name of Jehovah our God to time indefinite, even forever."

John 15:13 "No one has love greater than this, that someone should surrender his life in behalf of his friends."

4 minutes ago, EverlastingLifeInView said:

Should we be saying to the friends not to post or send certain things on instagram? Someone sent Vladimir Putin the great tribulation basement video to his official instagram. Another video is of the friends singing outside the post office in Russia. The Governing Body asked us to just. write. letters! Of course everyone has good intentions but don't run ahead of Jehovah's chariot! Jehovah will take care of the rest. 

I think  this is extremely important to adhere strictly to the guidellines given us. Nice post.

Let's take an extreme example for instance:

If we were to ignore the simple instruction - not to email. And if a number decided that email was more convenient for them, and enough sent emails to crash some systems in Russia, that could rightly been seen as an act of War by the Russians, or they would be able to use that as an excuse.  

We must do 'just so' that is why the instructions are there for a reason, mostly probably unknown to us. Remember Jehovah wants obedience.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

2 hours ago, Sepie93 said:

But if you decided to send the same official for example 3 letters. Do you use 3 the same letters, or 3 different ones?

The same letter to each individual but with the address and name changed obviously. I think we are going for sheer volume as the big impact. There will be millions of letters to each individual so 3 of the same will not be a problem. It is of course up to you what you do.

Micah 4:5 ......"we, for our part, shall walk in the name of Jehovah our God to time indefinite, even forever."

John 15:13 "No one has love greater than this, that someone should surrender his life in behalf of his friends."

2 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

How do you say,

"My daddy is bigger than your daddy"

in Russian?

:lol1:

Get two bottles of Vodka, a small one and  a very large one and have jw.org on the large one.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

57 minutes ago, Stormswift said:

I think  this is extremely important to adhere strictly to the guidellines given us. Nice post.

If we were to ignore the simple instruction - not to email. And if a number decided that email was more convenient for them, and enough sent emails to crash some systems in Russia, that could rightly been seen as an act of War by the Russians, or they would be able to use that as an excuse.  

We must do 'just so' that is why the instructions are there for a reason, mostly probably unknown to us. Remember Jehovah wants obedience.

I agree with you 100%, Mandi.  We must not run ahead and do our own thing. This is a good exercise for us. If we cannot be obedient in things now,  how are we ever going to be obedient when things start to really heat up for us.  He who is faithful in least is faithful in much. Luke 16:10

And it appears that the apostates want to  get there ahead of us and are using email as one of their mediums for getting their message through.  Let's leave it to them to crash Russia's systems!! B)

Edited by GeordieGirl

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

34 minutes ago, GeordieGirl said:

I agree with you 100%, Mandi.  We must not run ahead and do our own thing. This is a good exercise for us. If we cannot be obedient in things now,  how are we ever going to be obedient when things start to really heat up for us.  He who is faithful in least is faithful in much. Luke 16:10

And it appears that the apostates want to  get there ahead of us and are using email as one of their mediums for getting their message through.  Let's leave it to them to crash Russia's systems!! B)

And who knows? This may turn out to be more than a little thing - it could mean our lives, and if not this time, then next time may be it.