JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

DISCUSS COURT CASE HERE JW.org - Jehovah’s Witnesses Mobilize Global Response to Threat of Ban in Russia

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1400 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

1 minute ago, Samira said:

they announced in the German Bethel: don't spend your money on express delivery,

because all Letters to Russia get into the same plane....normal Airmail or express!

I can confirm this....worked many years at the post office and Airport.....

Express is only when it get into the local Post Office...they deliver it quicker...

Well that's not what they wrote on the PDF instructions

Deutschland: 0,90 € (Laufzeit bis zu 14 Werktage); Eil International 6,26 € (Empfohlen) – am Postschalter aufzugeben

They actually recommended express despite being so expensive. I did not want to afford to send more than four though.

2 minutes ago, outwalkin said:

she took a contact card to look at jw.org

That's a good reminder to take cards or tracts with us when we go to the post office.

...and Memorial invitations...

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I just want to thanks for the sample letters, this help me out a lot since I'm in a lot of pain. Yes, made some copies parts of it and sent it all 6 officials this morning. It is $1:15 a piece and total of $6:90. Plus, I help the older sisters out this morning by giving a sample of the letter. A sister to me that I'm a big help for the sisters. Since they getting up in age, probably it would be hard for them to get a letter out. I hope I help them out. Plus, KEEP the addresses because I think there is more to come. Compare Daniel 11:44,45. Ps. I took some chocolate before I send the letters out. Perhaps more chocolate with future campains.

6 minutes ago, ChocoBro said:

Well that's not what they wrote on the PDF instructions

They actually recommended express despite being so expensive. I did not want to afford to send more than four though.

is only announced this morning at the Bethel.....and it makes senses .....as I said regarding my work experiences 

An elder announced (by texting everyone) that we will be gathering at the Kingdom Hall after morning service Saturday for lunch and than work on letter writing. We didn't find out about this campaign till Wednesday morning. So there was no announcement Tuesday meeting. 

I've already got a draft done it would take too long to put words together. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

I got our 12 letters sent out this morning. Regular international rate of 1.15 per letter and they get  there in 3 to 5 days. It is so exciting to see so many children writing and drawing letters to these officials! I am so proud of our bold little Witnesses!

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

Imagine, if 1 million of our Brothers & Sisters write and send 3 letters? 3 million letters! Cut that in half and you still have 1.5 million letters! A mighty response in deed!

“Don't judge me on my past, I don't live there anymore.”

I wish some kind of news agency would get wind of this and pick up the story in a MAJOR way, it would really add momentum to what is happening.

They will, when the first batch of letters (first couple millions) start arriving. Then they will just keep flooding the offices. There's no way it goes unnoticed.
But for that to happen, we must do our best NOW to send as much letters as we possibly can, and leave it in Jehovah's hands after that.

Sent from my LG-H440n using Tapatalk

What a great witness this is giving...every town and city post office is trying to figure out what's going on! No doubt many will take notice as many already have. With today's technology of communicating to a world wide brotherhood how beautiful it is to see us all united and working together with our Father Jehovah. We have never been so connected as we are now...and this is just a beginning of what is too come.

13 minutes ago, DancesWithWife said:

Imagine, if 1 million of our Brothers & Sisters write and send 3 letters? 3 million letters! Cut that in half and you still have 1.5 million letters! A mighty response in deed!

hope it will be 10 million plus......

its not only us who are writing......our bible studies as well...and how many bible study are there? 10 Million?

....and then the children......

Edited by Samira

6 minutes ago, Samira said:

hope it will be 10 million plus......

its not only us who are writing......our bible studies as well...and how many bible study are there? 10 Million?

....and then the children......

Just being conservative in my numbers! If anything I know there will be a great response! But think of the millions of prayers!

1 hour ago, outwalkin said:

We sent off our 12 today. I was able to explain to the postal clerk the reason for the letters and she took a contact card to look at jw.org to see what is happening. 

Well done! We posed our 18 this morning too & the lady asked us how did we know so many people in Russia! I gave a brief witness & also left our contact card....you never know how many, out of curiosity will look on our website....

23 minutes ago, shali said:

I wish some kind of news agency would get wind of this and pick up the story in a MAJOR way, it would really add momentum to what is happening.

If you have twitter you could tweet the story. Share on news sites on social media. 

Patience, patience! Watch what Michael, Daniel 12:1, does! He's standing with some fire in his eyes! The whole world we be broadcasting this in due time!

3 minutes ago, shali said:

Apostates have already invaded the hash tags on twitter that were started about this.

Not surprising is it? But right hearted ones will see the Truth. Reminds me of the video where our Brothers are in the home together, drawing close and comforting each other. And of course putting Jehovah first!

Just now, Jothob said:

Well done! We posed our 18 this morning too & the lady asked us how did we know so many people in Russia! I gave a brief witness & also left our contact card....you never know how many, out of curiosity will look on our website....

This happened to my sister and a brother who works with me. The post office staff are very curious.