JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

DISCUSS COURT CASE HERE JW.org - Jehovah’s Witnesses Mobilize Global Response to Threat of Ban in Russia

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1413 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I like your statement Sister Lucy. This is so true: a tsunami, not even a flood but a tsunami of letters reaching all the same and single location, Moscow since all these officials are all located in the same city. What a witness for the airport agents and the postal service and the officials' servants over there... when they thought they had banned the work for ever...

10 hours ago, Sepie93 said:

But if you decided to send the same official for example 3 letters. Do you use 3 the same letters, or 3 different ones?

I would not like to receive 3 times the same letter from the same person. I would feel it as a lack of respect ! 

 “Also, just as YOU want men to do to YOU, do the same way to them." (Luke 6:31)

I was wondering please.

Do you put your name on the letter or just a signature.

I did read the instructions.

but a little not sure. thanks

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

4 minutes ago, surfergirl said:

I was wondering please.

Do you put your name on the letter or just a signature.

I did read the instructions.

but a little not sure. thanks

I printed my name and then signed it with my signature, like a business letter. 

Edited by GeordieGirl

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

5 hours ago, And_Ray said:

A friend sent me this link. It's on the Croatian PO site. Anyone know for similar information in other country?
69fdd0db2bc32d071af4621ae160a4b3.jpg

Sent from my LG-H440n using Tapatalk

I cant see your picture sorry brother... But on email. says due to technical issues at The Postal the mail is not going through? Is that the message?

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

I wrote a short story that offers an interesting idea...

http://jwtalk.net/forums/topic/30018-new-system-story-ideas/?do=findComment&comment=456804

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

9 hours ago, Bjern said:

Actually, I think we will see a good deal of common sense, for once. This isn't a typical forum.

Agreed.  Problem is we're all still human and often common sense is lacking lol.  

Thankfully this place isnt like facebook though.  Which seems to attract the over sensitive and highly pious *cheeky grin*

2 hours ago, surfergirl said:

I cant see your picture sorry brother... But on email. says due to technical issues at The Postal the mail is not going through? Is that the message?

Yes. First i posted the picture, but the i also received a message that those news are OUTDATED.

So, there was a post about mail not going through to Russia, but its OUTDATED news, it's not connected with this campaign.

Can someone get me started maybe a first few sentences on what you are saying, I can take it from there, or should I start a thread on that subject? MODS?

once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing strips with plaid is easy. Einstein

10 minutes ago, maladee said:

Can someone get me started maybe a first few sentences on what you are saying, I can take it from there, or should I start a thread on that subject? MODS?

I also found Brother Sanderson's broadcast to be very helpful.

https://tv.jw.org/#en/video/VODOurOrganization/pub-jwb_201703_14_VIDEO

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

7 hours ago, yedidia said:

I would not like to receive 3 times the same letter from the same person. I would feel it as a lack of respect ! 

 “Also, just as YOU want men to do to YOU, do the same way to them." (Luke 6:31)

Well, then, my dear fellow Witness, you should be happy you are NOT a Russian official getting ready to be bombarded with basically 8 million + (Jehovah willing) letters all saying pretty much the same message. :D

....Those who seek Jehovah can understand EVERYTHING......Proverbs 28:5. (The possibilities are endless!)

51 minutes ago, Semer said:

"“Go in to Putin and say to him, ‘This is what Jehovah says: “Send my people away so that they may serve me. If you keep refusing to send them away, I will plague all your territory with letters. And the Muskovite post office will swarm with letters, and they will come up and enter into your house, into your bedroom, on your bed, into the houses of your servants and on your people, into your ovens, and into your kneading troughs. On you, on your people, and on all your servants, the letters will come up.”’”

:thumbsup::superman:>:D<:D:heart:

Like I mentioned yesterday to ask some friends for their ideas on how to word the letters, well I got something but not exactly the above.

What I mean is the elder shared two scriptures. He started off by saying how we may want someone else to write the letters for us. He used Isaiah 6:8 "Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?" And I said: Here I am! Send ME!" (cap mine). 

Then he mentioned how we may not feel confident. So he turned to Jeremiah 1:6 "But I said "Alas O Sovereign Lord Jehovah! I do not know how to speak, for I am but a boy. Jehovah then said to me "Do not say "I am just a boy." For you must go to all those to whom I send you, And you should say every thing that I command you."

So Jehovah, though he's allowing our Russian friends to be persecuted, he's giving them the strength to endure, and he will continue giving them that strength even if the ban becomes a reality by Jehovah's permission only, not by the authorities in themselves. So Jehovah will give us the strength and wisdom to write these letters because it's obviously his will for it to be done.

1 hour ago, maladee said:

With Mr. Putin, I quoted the legal terminology of what they have done. With the other 5, I paraphrased their actions. Then the next paragraph, I said I am one of JW's, and we do not meddle in politics, are law abidin, assets to communities...Then I wrapped up with encouragement for them to follow the laws of their land, stop this process immediately, and allow these peaceful people to worship without any interference from the Russian governments. That the world was watching, and we do care! 

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

14 minutes ago, Miss Bea said:

With Mr. Putin, I quoted the legal terminology of what they have done. With the other 5, I paraphrased their actions. Then the next paragraph, I said I am one of JW's, and we do not meddle in politics, are law abidin, assets to communities...Then I wrapped up with encouragement for them to follow the laws of their land, stop this process immediately, and allow these peaceful people to worship without any interference from the Russian governments. That the world was watching, and we do care! 

My letters were very similar except for the first paragraph, I did not paraphrase their actions, I started the first paragraph with a request for them to stop the legal action and they I explained why I personally felt they should stop the legal action. I concluded each letter with a comment that I was praying for them to stop the legal action and I quoted 1 Tim 2:1-4.

Edited by Tortuga

32 minutes ago, Miss Bea said:

Bea,

Hello sister. I liked the end of it very much. :)

27 minutes ago, Miss Bea said:

While reading the letter about this campaign, the Brother stressed that we should follow exactly the instruction: "You are writing to the official to request his intervention. Express the hope that the Russian authorities will stop the legal action being taken against the branch office and the congregations in Russia..." and "Letters should be candid but respectful".   

We sent our 14 letters this morning and it was so nice to meet at the post office several Brothers and Sisters from other congregations, even from sign language congregation, with the same purpose. This letter campaign is so unifying!

“The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance, the wise grows it under his feet.” 

1 minute ago, Daniela said:

While reading the letter about this campaign, the Brother stressed that we should follow exactly the instruction: "You are writing to the official to request his intervention. Express the hope that the Russian authorities will stop the legal action being taken against the branch office and the congregations in Russia..." and "Letters should be candid but respectful".   

We sent our 14 letters this morning and it was so nice to meet at the post office several Brothers and Sisters from other congregations, even from sign language congregation, with the same purpose. This letter campaign is so unifying!

You know, I did just that, in all 6 letters. This is why when I see someone quote me, my stomach just sinks. "What have I done now", I think. I look to this site for encouragement and to be upbuilding. And, as this happens, I think, don't mess with it. Someone is waiting to jump on you. I've felt this way for some time. I love you all, want to be upbuilding, and know, I am formost in making mistakes. And, love coves a multitude thereof. 

Sorry, but, there, I said what I have been feeling for some time. 

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

1 minute ago, Miss Bea said:

You know, I did just that, in all 6 letters. This is why when I see someone quote me, my stomach just sinks. "What have I done now", I think. I look to this site for encouragement and to be upbuilding. And, as this happens, I think, don't mess with it. Someone is waiting to jump on you. I've felt this way for some time. I love you all, want to be upbuilding, and know, I am formost in making mistakes. And, love coves a multitude thereof. 

I think that sometimes we may get quoted just to add to the train of thought. 

Every time someone quotes you, just think they are adding a supplementary comment to yours.

3 hours ago, Semer said:

"“Go in to Putin and say to him, ‘This is what Jehovah says: “Send my people away so that they may serve me. If you keep refusing to send them away, I will plague all your territory with letters. And the Muskovite post office will swarm with letters, and they will come up and enter into your house, into your bedroom, on your bed, into the houses of your servants and on your people, into your ovens, and into your kneading troughs. On you, on your people, and on all your servants, the letters will come up.”’”

I would like to use that if I may?

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

7 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

I think that sometimes we may get quoted just to add to the train of thought. 

Every time someone quotes you, just think they are adding a supplementary comment to yours.

And too, there are limited ways one can say things to an Official and keep that respect ... what has been said here, has been said before and possibly will be again, even in the same words. 

12 minutes ago, Miss Bea said:

My darling Bea ... if you followed the instructions, prayed before doing it and the words came from your heart ... then you have done 'just so'

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."