JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

DISCUSS COURT CASE HERE JW.org - Jehovah’s Witnesses Mobilize Global Response to Threat of Ban in Russia

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1400 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Should we move this topic under private thread? This  discussion is public and the letters are very google-able for all the world to see.. so they could be copied and pasted.  These are our personal concerns to be conveyed directly to leaders of an authoritarian  government. This may be inline with  the instructions given in morning worships in many countries today to not post this  in social media (or not make it public).  Just my 2 cents.   These could be used politically against us by all malicious-minded folks out there. Thanks.

Edited by YayaMichelle

Apostates have already invaded the hash tags on twitter that were started about this.

There must be bitter enemies until it's all over! Offspring versus Offspring. Gen 3:15! May we all "close ranks"!

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2013844?q="close+ranks"&p=par

19. How can we close ranks?

19 Draw close to one another. What does that mean? When a well-trained army is attacked by an enemy, the individual soldiers close ranks, that is, they draw closer to one another. They thus form an impenetrable defense. Satan is intensifying his attacks on God’s people. Now is no time for fighting within our ranks. Now is the time for us to draw close to one another, to overlook the imperfections of others, and to display confidence in Jehovah’s leadership.

6 minutes ago, Samira said:

a sister in London was asked if her post was for "the Jehovah's thing"

looks like this will be the greatest witness we have ever made.....

nice to tell our resurrected love ones in the new world what we did in the last hours of this system...

That's amazing!! It's such a good Witness to all the post office staff (who are at work so no one is at home when we knock on their doors!) Such a nice post thank you

Found this on a web page inquiring about how to address Mr. Putin.  I like the last sentence.. :) 

Important points when considering the complaints and requests of citizens

1. All letters to the President of the Russian Federation considered within thirty calendar days.
  2. Our citizens need to understand that the letters are not seen personally by the President of the Russian Federation , as a special service by professionals . Even with good intentions , Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin, physically could not read all the treatment received daily for consideration. But do not forget that many of the issues the president takes under his personal control .
  3. The answer to the complaint will be directed to the email address or the actual citizens. It will indicate the measures that have been taken to solve the problem to handle. If the letter was forwarded to the relevant authorities , in response to a letter from a citizen can understand exactly where he should be treated .

Whichever of the above methods you choose, be sure that your request is sure to be heard, and then you will succeed!

We were going out of town for a few days but could not leave before sending our letters...post office said they were sold out on global forever stamps because of such high demand. They said they are working hard with us to get them out as soon as possible. They said they see our urgency!

1 hour ago, DancesWithWife said:

Imagine, if 1 million of our Brothers & Sisters write and send 3 letters? 3 million letters! Cut that in half and you still have 1.5 million letters! A mighty response in deed!

A friend of mine, who is a CO in Texas calculated, somehow, that If every JW wrote one letter to each of the six officials, the pile would be over 25 miles high!

36 minutes ago, Samira said:

thinking about the timing.......Jehovah knows exactly what we need at this moment of time

This campaign is not only for our brothers and sisters in Russia.....it helps us also to draw closer

with all our brothers worldwide..........to face the great Tribulation together......

Speaking of timing.... See today's Daily Text..... 

Baseball is in the Bible... Gen 1:1 "In the big inning".

I have come to think that Jehovah waited on purpose for the situation over there to get this dire for our brothers and sisters - just so it could be handled like this.  Instead of a witness being given just in one country, it is now a GLOBAL witness as we all flock to our post offices in our respective countries and people are curious as to why.  Jehovah in his wisdom has found a way to get the whole world wondering what is going on.  I still don't feel that most of these letters will ever get read, BUT rather, it's the fact that they are coming in the millions from every country around the world that will make a difference.  Putin will have to acknowledge that what he is allowing is now known by the entire world.  Will he want to save face?  Will he risk ignoring millions of people on this?

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

I too think about what the postal officials might be thinking as they witness thousands of letters being sent to Russia. What a witness, because naturally they're asking about it. 

And yesterday I bought 10 forever international stamps (yes, I know I'll need more, it's just the beginning), because based on what I read online, I might need at least three on one envelope. I'll find out for sure when at the post office to mail them.

But Russia might, presently, be the buzz word to meet another JW. I say that because while waiting for my turn to get my X-ray, I looked at my stamps and remarked to the lady sitting next to me while waiting to be called for her X-ray, how big the stamps were. She wanted to know what they were for, I said "Russia." She looked at me again and said "I'm one of Jehovah's witnesses." OMG! I said "me too" and we introduced ourselves. But just as we were about to really talk, her name was called, and that was that. 

This might even cause us to make new friends personally, though that isn't the purpose of the campaign. 

when I took mine to the post office this afternoon, the guy told me they had sent about 300 letters to Russia just today.   Asked me why so got to explain.  Yeah!  What an honor and privilege Jehovah has given us.  ..... to 'Russia, with love'.....

just for fun - when suggesting what not to write,  a sister here reminded her husband (cobe) 'not to put stop trumping up troubles.  Lol!  

"Life can be understood by looking back but it must be lived by looking ahead".

Can anyone else confirm the information posted by sister Samira - that there is no difference between express and regular delivery?

The instructions do not say anything regarding this matter, but it is a considerable difference in costs for us here.

In our country we have the options for regular, recommended and confirmed delivery. Recommended means that it requires the addressee to sign it. Confirmed means that the addresser will receive the confirmation that it reached the destination.

Anyway, we sent our first batch today. 

Edited by Adelin

" Indeed, what do you have that you did not receive ? "

1 minute ago, Lil' vbug said:

when I took mine to the post office this afternoon, the guy told me they had sent about 300 letters to Russia just today.   Asked me why so got to explain.  Yeah!  What an honor and privilege Jehovah has given us.  ..... to 'Russia, with love'.....

just for fun - when suggesting what not to write,  a sister here reminded her husband (cobe) 'not to put stop trumping up troubles.  Lol!  

I thought it might be fun to have a Trump Tower Letterhead and Envelope.  That way both Putin, FBI and CIA would get a witness. :D  Clearer minds won out.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

12 minutes ago, Adelin said:

Can anyone else confirm the information posted by sister Samira - that there is no difference between express and regular delivery?

The instructions do not say anything regarding this matter, but it is a considerable difference in costs for us here.

In our country we have the options for regular, recommended and confirmed delivery. Recommended means that it requires the addressee to sign it. Confirmed means that the addresser will receive the confirmation that it reached the destination.

Anyway, we sent our first batch today. 

I can speak only for Germany...........airmail post and express post are put together on the same plane

Only at their destination the express will delivered first. 

I'm waiting until tomorrow, while in service, to get some ideas to how to word the letters. No, it won't be worded word for word, but at least I'll have an idea how to go about it the body of it. 

But I figured to type the same letter to all six of the officials, in business format leave it blank, then after printing them, hand fill their respective names, titles. Much like this:

My name, etc

Mr. Official

Address, etc

Dear Mr. Official:

Body of letter

Sincerely,

My name

It'll be in bold except for the body. It's just a personal opinion. 

Edited by Luezette