JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Various News Topics that Bob accidentally merged into one

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2583 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

4 minutes ago, Victoria said:

I will think about Poland. I love the Polish language! And I have the Polish last name:-)

The link doesn't work:-(

The link was for Russian speaking congregations in Poland

You can do the search on Jw.org

You have to tell me your surname ..Intrigued! (PM ?) My surname sounds Czech..LOL

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

12 hours ago, Gregexplore said:

Victoria, do you think Russia will prove to be the King of the North? Definitely acting against Jehovah's people.

To be honest I never thought it is very important to know who he is. But now I am afraid it is Russia. Though how can I know it? Hope the GB will tell us soon.

1 minute ago, Victoria said:

To be honest I never thought it is very important to know who he is. But now I am afraid it is Russia. Though how can I know it? Hope the GB will tell us soon.

I have that feeling too... but at this stage it's only speculation..hmmm.

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

12 hours ago, Samira said:

The Best Life Ever

JW Broadcasting - October 2014

This world would like to make me lonely

But I got my friends with me

We're trying hard to help others find friends eternally (Huh ah ah...)

When I would worry about me

Uh... This world would bring me down (Mmmm, mmmm, mmm... Huh ah ah...)

I'm feeling better liftin' others off the ground (Hmm, mmm...)

Look what I found

I- I wanna know what I can do

I wanna give what I can give

That is the best feeling ever

I- I know this'll last forever

I'm where I wanna be

This is the best life ever

So many good things yet to be done

With these two hands of mine

I'll take some love and build us a bridge

Connect your heart to mine (Huh ah ah...)

When I would worry about me

Uh... This world would bring me down (Mmm, mmm... Huh huh huh huh huh huh...)

I'm feeling better liftin' others off the ground (Mmm, mmm...)

Look what I found 

I- I wanna know what I can do

I wanna give what I can give

It's better than a dream

This is the best life... (Hmmm...)

I'm not afraid come what may (Uh hu...)

This kind of life gets better every day, every day, every way

Oh, oh, oh, oh...

I- I wanna live for more than me

I wanna give till I feel free

Come with me you'll see

My favourite part is mmm, huh, huh, huh, huh:-)

Seriously it is not just a song for me. It is like a symbol of jwbroadcasting because it's the first song. I do hope I will be able to watch jwbroadcasting anyway.

News article in Sputnik:

"The Sects of Serbia: Who is More Dangerous, Satanists or Jehovah's Witnesses?"

https://sputniknews.com/europe/201609151045345989-serbia-sects-pressure/

If this link has already been posted I apologize.

....Those who seek Jehovah can understand EVERYTHING......Proverbs 28:5. (The possibilities are endless!)

20 minutes ago, JudyO said:

News article in Sputnik:

"The Sects of Serbia: Who is More Dangerous, Satanists or Jehovah's Witnesses?"

https://sputniknews.com/europe/201609151045345989-serbia-sects-pressure/

If this link has already been posted I apologize.

Here is the most typical piece of propaganda that we hear and read here every single day. The very good example. Thanks for sharing.

"Absolute rubbish”

I thought it would be good to try and review some of the events that have happened in Russia recently to improve my understanding of the Russian Government's attempts to ban and liquidate Jehovah's Witnesses. So I went back and read many reports and articles, even going back into last year. So here are some facts I found that I thought everyone here would be interested in knowing or reviewing again. I also tried to put some of these facts in chronological order as this helped me to grasp how much time took place between events.

So to what extent are the Russian Authorities willing to go to in order to ban and liquidate Jehovah's Witnesses?

Notice their speed and even their willingness to commit illegal acts!

FACTS

"On February 21, 2017, the Ministry of Justice of the Russian Federation issued a new order to the Administrative Center of Jehovah’s Witnesses in Russia. The Ministry is now demanding that the Administrative Center provide information on all 2,277 congregations of Jehovah’s Witnesses throughout Russia."

" As part of this inspection, scheduled for February 8 through 27, the Ministry of Justice requires the Administrative Center to provide all records concerning its property, financial statements, organizational structure, educational activity, and doctrinal practices. The Administrative Center submitted over 73,000 pages of relevant documents to the authorities on February 15, 2017."

"On February 27, 2017, the Ministry of Justice concluded its inspection and reported that the Administrative Center violated the law and showed signs of engaging in “extremist activity.”

Russia’s Ministry of Justice (Ministry) has filed a claim with the Supreme Court, seeking “to declare the religious organization, the Administrative Center of Jehovah’s Witnesses, extremist, ban its activity, and liquidate it.” On March 15, 2017, the Supreme Court posted notice on its official website that it had received the claim from the Ministry.

"Since then, courts in other areas of Russia have ruled to liquidate several local legal entities of the Witnesses for alleged “extremist activity,” despite clear evidence that the charges are based on fabricated evidence."

"There have been no fewer than 60 incidents of planted and falsified evidence"

WHY ARE JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES EVEN BEING CONSIDERED AS "EXTREMISTS"?

The Hunt for Extremism

"Russia’s prosecutors are misapplying the Federal Law on Counteracting Extremist Activity as the basis for charges of extremism against Jehovah’s Witnesses. After the law was modified in 2006, the definition of extremism no longer required appeals to violent acts, only “incitement of . . . religious discord.” This loose definition allows authorities to portray anything that contradicts the teachings of traditional religions or promotes another belief as inciting religious enmity. Gregory Allen, a lawyer assisting the defense of the Witnesses’ religious freedom in Russia, stated: “Russian authorities use this elastic definition to label as ‘extremist’ any religious beliefs they don’t consider orthodox.

RUSSIAN LAW ENFORCEMENT CAUGHT ON VIDEO PLANTING EVIDENCE IN KINGDOM HALL!

https://www.jw.org/en/news/legal/by-region/russia/russian-authorities-fabricate-evidence-video/

Edited by Beggar for the Spirit

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, And put within me a new spirit, a steadfast one" (PS 51:10)

Just listened to this, hopefully the Russian Federation will take note of this. Quote from this article: " Mr. Kobel spoke on behalf of the more than 140,000 of Jehovah’s Witnesses in Ukraine: “This recent decision of the Constitutional Court has strengthened the right to peaceful assembly. We are grateful that we will no longer confront official interference when we rent buildings for religious meetings.”

“Don't judge me on my past, I don't live there anymore.”

This is such wonderful news, especially for the people of Eastern Europe. If anyone wants to write a thank you letter to President Poroshenko his address is:
President Petro Proshenko
Inquiry Office of the Presidential Administration
11 Bankova Street
Kiev, Ukraine 01220
Or you can give him a phone call at (044) 255-73-33

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

20 hours ago, JWTalk Forums said:

702017107_univ_sqs_sm.jpg

There is a concerted global effort to invite the public to major annual events hosted by the Witnesses, beginning with the Memorial of Christ’s death.

View the full article on JW.org

Again the link you provided does not take one to the article on jw.org

This one does

https://www.jw.org/en/news/releases/by-region/world/jehovahs-witnesses-public-events-2017/ 

Edited by mserskine