JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Various News Topics that Bob accidentally merged into one

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2584 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

7 hours ago, zoebarry said:

1 hour ago, Sheep said:

here's one that works   ...     

...    it would be marvelous if the Mods could just merge all FIVE of these current Russian threads into just ONE for greater continuity!

Edited by timpin

8 hours ago, timpin said:

...    it would be marvelous if the Mods could just merge all FIVE of these current Russian threads into just ONE for greater continuity!

We won't merge these threads. No need to post a reminder every few hours which really clutter this topic here. Thank you. 

Ok so I had persecution part last night so going to apply 1 Timothy 2:1, 2 for Trump Putin phone call. I'm going to pray that Trump influence Putin to leave the Witnesses alone... Why? Because his top advisor his son in law Jared "knows" Bethel.... Jared bought a bunch of the properties in Brooklyn.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/kremlin-donald-trump-vladimir-putin-speak-phone-saturday/story?id=45083705

15 hours ago, timpin said:

I think multiple conversations can be interesting, several aspects of the same subject can be discussed without going off topic..

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

On 1/27/2017 at 1:37 PM, campanula said:

LOL How long will it take till you get annoyed by all these aspects and create one "all things Trump   Russia" thread? :lol:

last year we almost had weekly Trump threads pop up (and the mods had the insight to merge them all) thats one of the main reasons why I have been suggesting a merging of all the current threads regarding the situation with our Brothers in Russia, so that we can stay on topic concurrently - thank you

Edited by timpin

On 1/28/2017 at 5:32 PM, Tbs77 said:

I so wish that thread was available... emoji6.png Should it be reopened since he's now officially the POTUS?

no you don't, be careful what you ask for - remember that went on for over a year and 50 pages and merged several Trump threads

- but it sure is funny to see the previous views, thoughts, etc. vs. what has really happened and continues to happen   ...   

Edited by timpin

During the present political upheavals, I have to CONSTANTLY remind myself that I am an alien resident who has NO involvement with the land in which I live.  It is hard, so I daily review these appropriate references when I am tempted to have a negative opinion.

(Exodus 22:28) 28 “You must not curse God nor curse a chieftain among your people.

(1 Peter 2:17) 17 Honor men of all sorts, have love for the whole association of brothers, be in fear of God, honor the king.

*** w12 12/15 p. 23 par. 17 Maintaining Our Position as “Temporary Residents” ***

Christians show the respect and honor that accords with the positions of those officials.

(Romans 13:1-4)  1 Let every person be in subjection to the superior authorities, …4 for it is God’s minister to you for your good.

*** w02 11/1 p. 14 par. 19 “Maintain Your Conduct Fine Among the Nations” ***

Since Jehovah God allows humans to occupy various positions of authority, we show those humans appropriate honor. We even pray concerning them, to the end that we may be allowed to pursue our ministry in peace and with godly devotion. (1 Timothy 2:1-4)

(1 Timothy 2:1, 2)  …I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgiving be made concerning all sorts of men, 2 concerning kings and all those who are in high positions

WOW bouncing.gifWow eyes.gif

Those are like the seven Christian neutrality commandments.

I'm ashamed to say I've broken almost every one of them...Embarassed hide face.gifrepeatedly.sorry purple.gif

Gotta clean up my act!!!Yes sad.gif

See hear and speak no evil.gif

When it comes to the current POTUS, it's going to take a lot of prayer and "power beyond what is normal"

to accomplish my mission.Sigh.gif

Thanks for the mirror/reminders, Brother John.Highfives.gif

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

Thank you for this post.   You don't know what it's been like out in service and some of the things the friends have said amongst themselves.  That a certain someone even looked like the devil.    I just bite my tongue and tried not to say anything one way or the other.    I would just tell myself , nope, don't say a word.  

I'm going to print out these reminders and possibly give it to them individually so as not to embarrass anyone. 

26 minutes ago, GeordieGirl said:

It has taken me forever to work out what POTUS means.  Last night I finally did it. (:P)(:P)(:P)

almost sounds like Pontus!

...   interesting thread, US - Russia - UK - UN - Bible times - current times   ...   all over the map with great variety!

Edited by timpin

13 hours ago, Tbs77 said:

Here are a few:
POTUS - President of the United States
FLOTUS - First Lady of the United States
SCOTUS - Supreme Court of the United States

The news will be mentioning these and providing/making up others. emoji23.pngemoji6.png

Thank you,  Brother Tracey.  The localised acronyms from the US are a bit hard for us, down here in the colonies, to understand ..... a bit like our weird speak from downunder that you guys have trouble with.  Wonder if we'll use acronyms in the new system.  Probably won't have the need. :)

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

• 2 weeks later...