JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Various News Topics that Bob accidentally merged into one

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2555 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

When we saw this link on jw.org, we weren't really surprised. After all, it's Russia. We're well aware how prejudiced their courts are by now.

In that story, we read...

However, it is still unclear what implications the warning will have on the Witnesses' religious freedom in Russia.

Yesterday, this article appeared in StarConnect Media. Note the quote...

The three-judge panel rejected all arguments filed by the Witnesses' attorneys and rendered its decision after a 10-minute recess.

Rejected all arguments? Decision after ten minutes?

This is going to take Jehovah's intervention, I'm sure. Just wait for it!

1 hour ago, Gregexplore said:

Putin will learn like  Nebuchadnezzar......

learn indeed also when Jehovah will very soon wipe the smirk off of Putin's face - just as he did to Sennacherib and his co-horts!

Then too, Rabsheka Adolf tried...and failed miserably in Nazi Germany.

(WHO can stop the Christ?)

Edited by Omo_Yeme

I think it's The Russian government's fault that the number of publishers fell so drastically there. They also caused a huge drop in Ukraine by attacking and seizing part of their country. Did they also attack Poland and Japan? It seems like every neighbor of Russia saw a drop in publishers reporting in 2016.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, Grant Adair said:

I think it's The Russian government's fault that the number of publishers fell so drastically there. They also caused a huge drop in Ukraine by attacking and seizing part of their country. Did they also attack Poland and Japan? It seems like every neighbor of Russia saw a drop in publishers reporting in 2016.

I don't know what happened to our publishers. I think the publishers from Crimea are now ours so the number of publishers must have increased. But I believe things are not so bad. Many Russian brothers and sisters left the country to serve abroad.

As for our congregation we have some new publishers.

interesting the last paragraph

http://starconnectmedia.com/2017/01/19/russia-gets-go-ahead-to-liquidate-jehovahs-witnesses-organisation/        

" However Jehovah’s Witnesses are a peaceful group who hold their worship in the open and denounce all sorts of religious extremism. They believe in the Bible which also encourages them to respect secular authority. It is now left to the world to appeal to President Vladimir Putin to halt this attempt to wipe out witnesses from Russia "

14 hours ago, Grant Adair said:

What are you talking about, dear Brother Grant? :D  Check your source of information, if you can.

I live in Crimea  and I'm sorry, but I can't  cnfirm anythig you have said.  

"Attacking and seizing"  is  not a case here.... No thing has so "drastically fell" really  :D

Edited by campanula

What are you talking about, dear Brother Grant? default_biggrin.png  Check your source of information, if you can.
 I live in Crimea  and I'm sorry, but I can't  cnfirm anythig you have said.  
 "Attacking and seizing"  is  not a case here.... No thing has so "drastically fell" really  default_biggrin.png

Campanula, I am glad to hear all is well in Crimea. Our dear Russian and Ukrainian brothers and sisters are in our prayers here in the US. We pray about it at every meeting.

We were just so sad to see the new yearbook figures that show lower publisher figures in both countries, as well as all the neighboring countries like Poland to the West and Japan to the east.

I don't know what happened to our publishers. I think the publishers from Crimea are now ours so the number of publishers must have increased. But I believe things are not so bad. Many Russian brothers and sisters left the country to serve abroad.
As for our congregation we have some new publishers.

Thanks for the good news from your congregation, in spite of persecution.

44 minutes ago, Grant Adair said:

Campanula, I am glad to hear all is well in Crimea. Our dear Russian and Ukrainian brothers and sisters are in our prayers here in the US. We pray about it at every meeting.

We were just so sad to see the new yearbook figures that show lower publisher figures in both countries, as well as all the neighboring countries like Poland to the West and Japan to the east.

Well, I would not say that all is well in Crimea, dear Brother Grant.  :D

Just there is no so much drama here as you probably imagine. :D

Just regular christian  life :D

But anyway thank you for your concern and prayers. 

2 hours ago, Grant Adair said:

Japan has nothing at all to do with Russia though. For one, Japan has a major demographic problem, like many other countries like Germany. A lot of old people are dying (for example brothers that experienced the war) and there are hardly children being born. The country is purported to have the highest proportion of elderly citizens. The birth rate is 1.41 per woman (for a developed country to maintain a stable population, between 2.01 and 2.1 children are required). The witnessing work there consists mainly of a "gleaning", as is the case in many other "developed" countries where the new religion is materialism. Japan also has a major moral problem. The type of entertainment you can buy at a local newspaper store would be banned in many other countries.

Also, I would not call a 1% drop since 2013 a "sharp drop"

Jesus said at many occasions how hard it is for a rich man to enter the Kingdom. This is shown again and again when countries reach a level of wealth, the interest in God takes a dramatic turn for the worse. Brothers are indirectly affected by this and by the great many diversions Satan offers.

As for me I just find joy in the fact that no matter who is a publisher or not, Jehovah and Jesus judge each one of us, and no stagnation or slowing down of the work in the harvested fields takes my joy away from the great harvest that is now taking place in other fields.

Edited by ChocoBro

The russian government is out of its mind. Check the thread I started in News about them decriminalizing domestic violence. Crazy train has derailed and crashed down a 5000 foot canyon rock face with no survivors.

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritadi

If all else fails --- Play Dead Possum Lodge Moto -- Red Green

21 minutes ago, rbrown1205 said:

Didn't he say, "If they persecute you in one city, flee to another. You will by no means complete the circuit of cities in Israel until the Son arrives.".  Sorry, I am on my tablet - it is hard to get to the WOL site for the precise scripture, but you get my point.

When they persecute you in one city, flee to another;+ for truly I say to you, you will by no means complete the circuit of the cities of Israel until the Son of man arrives.

- Matthew 10:23

When It Is Wise to Run Away

TODAY’S world is often marked by a spirit of bravado and confrontation or by temptation. A person who flees from a situation is generally regarded as weak or cowardly. He may even become subject to ridicule.

However, the Bible makes it plain that there are times when running away is both wise and courageous. Bearing that out, before sending his disciples out into the ministry, Jesus Christ told them: “When they persecute you in one city, flee to another.” (Matthew 10:23) Yes, Jesus’ disciples were to try to escape from their persecutors. They were not to carry on anything like a crusade, trying to convert others by force. They bore a message of peace. (Matthew 10:11-14; Acts 10:34-37) So rather than allowing tempers to flare, Christians were to flee, to put distance between themselves and the source of provocation. In this way, they maintained a good conscience as well as their precious relationship with Jehovah.—2 Corinthians 4:1, 2.

- w02 4/15 p. 32

Because the preaching is of primary importance, Jesus emphasizes the need for his followers to be discreet so as to remain free to carry out this work. He says: “When they persecute you in one city, flee to another; for truly I say to you, you will by no means complete the circuit of the cities of Israel until the Son of man arrives.”

- Prepared to Preach Despite Persecution - Jesus—The Way (jy)

From the last paragraph, we can also gather that the actual numbers in Russia need not necessarily be reflected in the yearbooks, where the peak pubs went from

168,123 in 2013 (2014 yearbook) to

171,268 in 2014 to

175,615 in 2015

171,828 in 2016...

Of course, some will have left the truth due to persecution (Matthew 13:21) but in the particularly extreme regions, they are probably in service incognito and not counted after three months giving in no field service reports.

On 1/21/2017 at 7:05 AM, timpin said:

Third thread in as many weeks, due to the seriousness nature of this perhaps a merge may help all of our concerns to all be in just one thread  (before a Fourth thread is started)   ...   

before someone makes a FOURTH (or Fifth) Thread   ...  

Russia Legal Update—January 2017    ....   https://tv.jw.org/#en/video/VODOurOrganization/pub-jwb_201701_14_VIDEO    

Mods would you kindly consider merging all of these multiple current Russian threads into just ONE thread  [as it all is the same current Russian topic] so all of our thoughts, posts and concerns can be expressed in an organized manner - thank you

Edited by timpin

On 1/20/2017 at 8:01 PM, Sheep said:

When we saw this link on jw.org, we weren't really surprised. After all, it's Russia. We're well aware how prejudiced their courts are by now.

In that story, we read...

Yesterday, this article appeared in StarConnect Media. Note the quote...

Rejected all arguments? Decision after ten minutes?

This is going to take Jehovah's intervention, I'm sure. Just wait for it!

Yes it is, in the meanwhile we are all continued to be encouraged to keep all of our dear ones in our prayers   ...   https://www.jw.org/en/news/legal/by-region/russia/jw-news-taganrog-retrial-video/ 

Edited by timpin