JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Alphabetical Place Names Game

Raven

6 hours ago, Qapla said:

Football Field

This applies regardless if it is Australian rules, Irish, Canadian, US or Soccer ..... they are all a large grassy yard where grown boys, who call themselves men, play a game which many view as a job/career.

... and get extremely well paid for it.

Hacienda

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

Joondalup  -Northern suburb of Perth. WA

The name Joondalup is a Noongar Aboriginal word, first recorded in 1837 and possibly meaning either "place of whiteness or glistening", or "place of a creature that can only move backwards"

Hmmmm ......

• Football
  •  
  • Hacienda
  • Iceland
  • Joondalup

Did we miss something?

Just as a reminder - A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

GeordieGirl's Home - there, now we have the "G"

Next letter should be "K"

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

1 hour ago, Qapla said:

Hmmmm ......

• Football
  •  
  • Hacienda
  • Iceland
  • Joondalup

Did we miss something?

Just as a reminder - A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

GeordieGirl's Home - there, now we have the "G"

Next letter should be "K"

Ooops!!! Soz guys. Maybe you should say 'GeordieGirl's not home' (even if the lights do appear to be on)!! See my status?  It says, 'Trying'.  Now you know why. Thank goodness we have you here to straighten me out, John. :flowers: xo

Laboratory

Edited by GeordieGirl

Sopchoppy, Florida, US

Sopchoppy is a city in Wakulla County, Florida and has a population of about 500 people.

The town is home to the annual Worm Grunting Festival, a town celebration named in honor of a worm grunting - a method for driving worms to the surface of the earth. Worm grunters hammer wooden stakes into the ground, then rub them with metal slabs. The resulting vibrations cause worms to surface, whereupon they are typically gathered and used or sold for fishing bait.

Sopchoppy is one of those places that, unless you meant to go there, you would probably never end up there.

There is not a KH in Sopchoppy, it is part of the Crawfordville, Fl Congregation. The KH in Crawfordville is currently having a major remodel by the LDC.

Just a thought, not exactly off topic, but not a "place name" .....

We now have nearly 500 posts in this thread. We have gone through the alphabet several times. What I have started doing is to search the forum for a place name before I post it so I won't repeat one that has already been used :thumbsup:

So far, I don't think we have repeated, but ........

Edited by Qapla