JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Alphabetical Place Names Game

Raven

Walthamstow - the largest district of the London Borough of Waltham Forest in east London. It is located 7.5 miles northeast from Charing Cross.

Brother @Qapla, that's the London in England, not the one anywhere else in the world. :D

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

Amory, Mississippi

Amory began as a planned railroad town. The Kansas City, Memphis & Birmingham Railroad needed a midpoint between Memphis, Tennessee and Birmingham, Alabama for their locomotives, and they laid out the new town of Amory in 1887. People from nearby Cotton Gin Port on the Tombigbee River abandoned their town and moved to Amory.

This is interesting since, today, this is all that seems to be left of its railroad station:

59d2d64e66754_AmoryRR.jpg.a6bf487a7d19f21a9ff6a704f52c8013.jpg

There are no Congregations in Amory - however, there are KH's in both nearby towns of Aberdeen, Ms and Okolona, Ms.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Cantal, a French department or administrative province. French pronunciation: [kɑ̃tal]

Among the most sparsely populated and geographically isolated French departments.

Known for its dairy industry and especially the Cantal cheese (semi-hard cheese) !

It is the French department with the greatest number of appellation-controlled cheeses.

Edited by Patinage

Northumberland - the Northernmost part of England where many battles were fought between the Brit's and the Scots and where the Roman Emporer Hadrian (76 - 138 CE) apparently one of the nicer ones,  built his wall marking the limit of Britannia.

It is also where my paternal ancestors come from and where I spent the first 2 years of my life .. hence the history lesson. :flowers: xo

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

Ty Ty, Georgia, USA

Ty Ty is a city in Tift County, Georgia, United States. The population was 716 at the 2000 census. The community takes its name from nearby Ty Ty Creek. The city has a total area of 0.8 square miles, all land.

There is not a KH in Ty Ty. The territory is assigned to the KH in nearby Tifton. (about a 10 minute drive) There are three Congregation in Tifton, one Spanish and two English.

There is also a KH in the other direction in the town of Sylvester - about 18 minutes away.

The Hall in Tifton:

59dfe9da63b3b_TyTy1.png.fe85ce5ba358228882b6f35f060321bb.png59dfe9dd38cf4_TyTy2.png.822c926d9b68d1a61a397261c71ffa47.png

I was waiting for the "S" but missed it. I will try next time through the alphabet :)

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~