JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Alphabetical Place Names Game

Raven

Guess we are back to "D"?

Dubbo (Western NSW)

Edited by surfergirl

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

Flower Mound, Texas, USA

Flower Mound is an incorporated town located in Denton and Tarrant counties in the U.S. state of Texas. Located northwest of Dallas and northeast of Fort Worth adjacent to Grapevine Lake, the town derives its name from a prominent 12.5-acre mound located in the center of town.
After settlers used the site for religious camps during the 1840s, the area around Flower Mound was first permanently inhabited in the 1850s; however, residents did not incorporate until 1961. Although an effort to create a planned community failed in the early 1970s, Flower Mound's population increased substantially when Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport opened to the south in 1974. As of the 2010 United States Census, the population was 64,699, reflecting a 28% increase over the 50,702 counted in the 2000 Census. 

Flower Mound is the largest town in terms of population in Texas, and the only town with a population greater than 20,000. Flower Mound refers to itself as the "Town of Flower Mound", with a "Town Hall" and a "Town Council", rather than the customary "city" label. However, under Texas law, all incorporated municipalities are considered to be cities.

Even though the Congregations that use the Hall are called North and South Lewisville, the KH is actually located just barely in the town of Flower Mound

59810f6d519a9_FlowerMoundTx1.thumb.jpg.1a66c431b18619729cfdcbf7f3765fb1.jpg59810f6e5875f_FlowerMoundTx2.jpg.c5e6cb255097fabc578be4d80572f098.jpg

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

8 hours ago, Bjern said:

E, E, F, F...Doubling up now, are we? :P

Looks like it 

We even have 2 g's now 

Do these 'places' have to be cities, countries, land areas, spheres around the world and out of this world, or are other 'places' meant as well such as the restaurant I posted, or maybe any other entity? Just curious..

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

13 minutes ago, Dove said:

Do these 'places' have to be cities, countries, land areas, spheres around the world and out of this world, or are other 'places' meant as well such as the restaurant I posted, or maybe any other entity? Just curious..

There has never been 'rules' posted by the thread starter, which is why I included an X-Ray Lab.  Hey, it's a place.  Right?:D

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

56 minutes ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

There has never been 'rules' posted by the thread starter, which is why I included an X-Ray Lab.  Hey, it's a place.  Right?:D

Yeah, that's what I think. I even posted  Desktop  one time, although I had it out of place for the letter...:mellow::lol:

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

Seems to me, as long as it is a "place" and not a "thing" or "person", it should be fine :thumbsup:

So, have at it ..... I think the next letter is "H" (unless it is a third "g")

Edited by Qapla

Just to clarify then, would Desktop be a 'place' or a 'thing'? Lamp is a thing but not a place, but Desktop or Table could be a place as well as a thing. So just being a noun is not enough..:huh:

2 hours ago, Dove said:
3 hours ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

I missed seeing your X-Ray Lab or I wouldn't have needed to ask..:mellow:

3 hours ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

4 hours ago, Dove said:

As long as it's a place. It can be any kind of place...I do like it that posters have been thinking outside the box with this.

49 minutes ago, Dove said:

Just to clarify then, would Desktop be a 'place' or a 'thing'? Lamp is a thing but not a place, but Desktop or Table could be a place as well as a thing. So just being a noun is not enough..:huh:

If you think of something as a place, then why not, lol.

You could try for something special or specific, like the longest table in the world in Lebanon. That would be more fun than just "table".

Jekyll Island, Georgia, USA

Jekyll Island is located off the coast of the U.S. state of Georgia, in Glynn County. It is one of the Sea Islands and one of the Golden Isles of Georgia barrier islands. The city of Brunswick, Georgia, the Marshes of Glynn, and several other islands, including the larger St. Simons Island, are close by.

Long used seasonally by indigenous peoples of the region, beginning in the colonial era, some of its lands became privately owned. A few structures still stand made of tabby, a coastal building material of crushed oyster shells. The island was developed in the late 19th and early 20th centuries for private vacation homes of wealthy American businessmen. It was evacuated during World War II by order of the US government. In 1947 the state of Georgia acquired all the property, for security and preservation. It is now a tourist destination.

The island does not have a KH. Since it is located close enough to Brunswick to be part of the city, the KH nearest to the island is in Brunswick about a 23 minute drive.

That is the same Hall my brother's sister-in-law attends.

598668a43787c_BrunswickGa.jpg.5c5af8cd0e45543688ccf7050fe5663f.jpg

Kalispell, Montana, USA

Kalispell is a city in, and the county seat of Flathead County, Montana, United States. The 2015 Census estimates put Kalispell's population at 22,052. The Kalispell Micropolitan Statistical Area has a population of 93,068 and it is the largest city and commercial center of northwest Montana. The name Kalispell is a Salish word meaning "flat land above the lake". Kalispell is also the gateway to Glacier National Park.

Kalispell is 31 miles (50 km) from Glacier National Park and 22 miles (35 km) from Hungry Horse Dam.

Tribal schools nearby offer classes in the Kalispel–Spokane–Flathead language. There is a Salish language school and training center in Arlee, Montana - but that is 90 miles south.

There are five English Congregations in the Kalispell area meeting in two different KH's. The two Halls are 5 miles apart and it takes about 11 minutes to drive from one to the other.

Woodland Ave Hall

5987a72a165a5_KalispellMtWoodland1.thumb.jpg.fed0fcf6b80847fe0c820487ed517157.jpg5987a72adf7b1_KalispellMtWoodland2.jpg.0596b6d1f46185e142a423c77ad8ce7e.jpg

Valley View Ct

5987a7583636d_KalispellMtValley1.thumb.jpg.eb38bacfa830cf4badaab61d87ea0b77.jpg

Although the last post with a place seems to start with "K" for Kingdom Hall, I believe it was intended to be "L" for Lagos

So ...... the next letter should be "M"