JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Genderless baby

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2455 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Another new low.  How much further can the world sink. 

• Searyl Atli becomes first baby with a gender marker on health card as 'unknown' 
  • Baby's parent, Kori Doty, is fighting for child to have genderless birth certificate  

Kori Doty, who doesn't identify as either male or female and prefers to use the pronoun they, wants to keep baby Searyl Atli's gender off all official records, according to the CBC.

Doty said that they are 'raising Searyl in such a way that until they have the sense of self and command of vocabulary to tell me who they are'.

Doty, who is a non-binary trans parent, .... ????  What does this even mean?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4659026/Baby-s-health-card-gender-Unknown.html?ito=social-facebook

Poor child will be so confused.  

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

http://jwtalk.net/forums/topic/31527-third-gender-now-in-oregon/?do=findComment&comment=481365

It seems it's getting worse and worse. You can see that Satan is putting it in his highest gear. I see demonic patterns around us pop up more and more every day. Above nu earlier reaction about genderless babies... :(

Ugh, I unfortunately know all about this. It's this new generation of feminists, gays and lesbians trying to stand out as different. These special snowflakes like to claim they are gender neutral or that they are both genders at the same time. In the morning they're a boy but by lunch time they identify as a girl and YOU better respect their gender  identity in that moment and their pronouns. It's getting crazier and crazier in this world. In the new system we'll be telling the future generation how it used to be, men claiming to be women and dressing as such and women claiming to be men yet can get pregnant and have a baby with no gender. They'll be so confused. 

It makes me wonder how things will go on if the system continues.  A man who believed he was a giraffe, or believed he was Napoleon, would quite rightly be treated for his mental disorder.  But a man who believes he is a woman is given the right to be viewed as such and to sue anyone who points out to him that he is demonstrably factually wrong.  The lunatics are not only running the asylum - they have ventured outside the asylum and begun legally enforcing their views upon the sane.  The question now is, in how many other respects will this happen before the end comes?  It's hard to predict what will happen next though - every time brothers and sisters have said the end must be close because things can't get much worse, I've always said, "Oh, it can get worse," but I'd never have expected this 10 years ago.  I knew the world would get more bad, but I didn't think it would get so crazy.  There's a difference between immorality and insanity, and this is definitely the second one.

I think what it shows is that Satan is really behind the changes in society, trying to move people away from God's views.  I guess I didn't predict this change because I thought of the change in society, much like worldly people do, as simply a result of the increase of secularism and atheism, people only being willing to accept things if they can see scientific evidence for it - homosexuality for instance had become accepted because people didn't know of a scientific argument against it.  But that view would predict that this kind of thing, i.e. claiming that a baby isn't of either sex, would get shot down immediately, because the scientific view is that it obviously does have a gender.  So it shows that the path society is taking isn't based particularly on science or secular evidence, but just on however far Satan can get people to go contrary to God's will.

24 minutes ago, Ferb said:

claiming that a baby isn't of either sex, would get shot down immediately, because the scientific view is that it obviously does have a gender.  So it shows that the path society is taking isn't based particularly on science or secular evidence, but just on however far Satan can get people to go contrary to God's will.

Well, if there is no gender, there is no such thing as homosexuality then is there? Hm.

This article describes a situation gone too far. There are people who are genderless, or both genders entwined born like that due to imperfection. They understandably have suffered living in a 'binary' world, because they can't fit in..But just like a disability isn't normal, they advocate for inclusion based on genderlessness being another form of normal (same argument those with disabilities use for inclusion). But we recognise the reality that sin causes all sorts of ruptures to the norm. And the only solution to something better is through what Jehovah's Kingdom can accomplish.  So anyone with any disability is welcomed by Him and us if they seek his righteousness, because Jehovah sees our potential and will fix us all. Inclusion with a capital 'I'.

Contrast that with the world's solution - what has been advocated by opening comment - genderless birth certificates.

*shakes head*

I feel bad for those actually born without gender/with both, and for the youths whose minds are being confused by all this non binary nonsense... When I was younger people were either gay, straight or bi. Now they don't know what they are. People are looking for something that makes them happy or as many say "just going with what feel right."

Someday some of these people are gonna wake up and majorly regret the choices they've made in life...

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!

I'm not even going to try to wrap my head around this craziness, because I have other things to think about and do.

The whole thing is, no matter how hard they try to explain it...S-T-U-P-I-D!!!!!!

Oh wait, one more thing. Y'all talking about Satan role in this stupidness. Yep, I agree. Just another way the idiot is getting and keep their minds away from Jehovah as in filling their lives with ways to keep away from and stay too busy for Jehovah. 

Edited by Luezette

38 minutes ago, Luezette said:

I'm not even going to try to wrap my head around this craziness, because I have other things to think about and do.

The whole thing is, no matter how hard they try to explain it...S-T-U-P-I-D!!!!!!

Oh wait, one more thing. Y'all talking about Satan role in this stupidness. Yep, I agree. Just another way the idiot is getting and keep their minds away from Jehovah as in filling their lives with ways to keep away from and stay too busy for Jehovah. 

You hit the nail on the head Luezette...keep them (people) distracted...at all cost....that is Satan's game plan...generally 

speaking...it's working!

You're right. Sadly, the idiot's plan is working indeed!

But that's ok because before long he'll be out of a job, permanently, and his employees will be dead too.

YIPPEE!!!! 

Then Jehovah will have what he deserves...the whole earth praising him!!!!! Daily, everyday, 24/7, however you want to say it...FOREVER!!!!

Edited by Luezette

I don't know what are those parents' motivations, maybe they just want to attract attention or promote the LGBT agenda. Yet I read a newspaper article some days ago that got me thinking.

It was about a Belgian model named Hanne Gaby Odiele who recently announced she's intersexual. An intersexual person (the older term hermaphrodite is no longer used) is someone whose genitals don't correspond with their genetic make up. Often they have both male and female sexual organs, but one of those sets is internal. With time, only one set of sexual organs matures, while the other remains as only a vestige.

The problem is that in most countries a baby has to be registered as either male or female. So either the doctors or the parents decide which gender the baby belongs to, and use surgery to remove the refused sexual organ and enable the right one. But, what if they choose the wrong gender? What if the person is actually a man but the doctors decided to make him a female, or the other way around? There's a 50% chance of getting it wrong.

So what this Belgian model and others like her are promoting is: leave the intersexual babies alone. Don't decide for them, let them grow until it's evident which sex they belong to, and then have surgery if necessary or wished. This is something I had never thought about, and at least at first sight it sounds reasonable.

What do you think?

I don't know what are those parents' motivations, maybe they just want to attract attention or promote the LGBT agenda. Yet I read a newspaper article some days ago that got me thinking.

It was about a Belgian model named Hanne Gaby Odiele who recently announced she's intersexual. An intersexual person (the older term hermaphrodite is no longer used) is someone whose genitals don't correspond with their genetic make up. Often they have both male and female sexual organs, but one of those sets is internal. With time, only one set of sexual organs matures, while the other remains as only a vestige.

The problem is that in most countries a baby has to be registered as either male or female. So either the doctors or the parents decide which gender the baby belongs to, and use surgery to remove the refused sexual organ and enable the right one. But, what if they choose the wrong gender? What if the person is actually a man but the doctors decided to make him a female, or the other way around? There's a 50% chance of getting it wrong.

So what this Belgian model and others like her are promoting is: leave the intersexual babies alone. Don't decide for them, let them grow until it's evident which sex they belong to, and then have surgery if necessary or wished. This is something I had never thought about, and at least at first sight it sounds reasonable.

What do you think?

I can understand it. I know a couple who refuses to tell people the gender of their new baby. The name don't give it away either. They want to avoid stereotypical gender focus from day one, so no "pink for girls and blue for boys". They don't say him, her, or it, just the name, or 'the baby'. Mind you, they are not LGBTQ people. The do not consider it an 'experiment' any more than any other parents experiment with brining up healthy kids. It will come a day when the gender will become obvious, but till then, it's just a lovely little kid.

Johan

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

27 minutes ago, carlos said:

What do you think?

How is such determined, though?  Take a 3 year old boy and girl, for example.  How does the boy fundamentally act like a boy and a girl like a girl?  It can't be because of the toys they play with as those are simply what the parent promotes.  Given equal opportunity and unbiased influence, a boy is just as likely to play with a doll as a girl.  

Voice change only happens at puberty.  This is why, centuries ago, prepubescent boys were used to act women's parts in plays.  

Would it be at puberty that the true gender manifests?

How is such determined, though?  Take a 3 year old boy and girl, for example.  How does the boy fundamentally act like a boy and a girl like a girl?  It can't be because of the toys they play with as those are simply what the parent promotes.  Given equal opportunity and unbiased influence, a boy is just as likely to play with a doll as a girl.  

Voice change only happens at puberty.  This is why, centuries ago, prepubescent boys were used to act women's parts in plays.  

Would it be at puberty that the true gender manifests?

A blood test would reveal the biological gender most of the time. But, from what I understand, doctors hesitate to do this on very small babies.

Johan

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

Carlos, those are the ones who I truly feel bad for. Itersexuals don't chose to be born that way it's just another health problem. :unsure: They can't help their situation, it truly is a condition their born with. And it reminds me of back when the whole controversy over "cloned" and test tube babies. How cloned children weren't human... Such ones are truly facing a dilemma in life and my compassion goes out to such ones.

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!

Carlos, you're absolutely correct!!!! I've heard on the radio about letting the child decide what sex they are. And listening to it answered a question I've thought about in my life. The question was "what makes a girl child cater to dolls in a store window, for instance, vs. a boy child runs to trucks for instance? Not saying that girls don't like trucks or boys don't like dolls per se, but we all know what the majority do.

So the idea with intersex children letting the parents know what sex their children are is to allow their behavior to show them. That makes sense to me, then do the cutting. The toy preference isn't the only criteria, just an example.

Now as for the question in my mind it is this: For a long time, I've wondered what makes a girl child know she's a girl, and a boy child know he's a boy which makes them make those decisions by their behavior? Aha! Drum roll!

Jehovah, when he made us male or female put the, whatever the name is, inside of us. In other words, this "knowledge" is inherent.

But of course with Adam's foolishness, everything got mixed up, some were born with both male and female sexual organs, and so now here we are, as a race of humans trying to figure stuff out. The only thing with that is, unless you're willing to see things the way Jehovah sees things, the situation gets worse, and so here we are as a whole, humans not being made to rule themselves, though they think they are in spite of what Jehovah says, so they come up with some idiotic "genderless" baby. 

Poor kids. In a sense (not trying to excuse them), but no wonder they blow things up, etc. They're :wall:.

Edited by Luezette