JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Houses in Paradise

Dages

I hope to have a great room/kitchen that completely opens to the outside where there's a river or large pool, preferably a river because there's no upkeep. The bedrooms will be on either ends of the great room and have sliding glass doors out to their own patio's . Nothing big, perhaps 1,000 sq ft.. There will also be a big garden with berry vines on the south side. I'll grow trailing roses on pergola's that will be off the bedrooms' patio's, the fragrance will lull you to sleep.

modern-porch.jpg.7db8ee3de2ca1317055c397fd6536dba.jpg

contemporary-patio.jpg.992c2bc0359eaebb09e9d93b675f91b8.jpg

595d4c403066f_indooroutdoor.jpg.b61105e835ee811ee4e84029496419e2.jpg

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

5 hours ago, Hope said:

So beautiful - I love architecture and have certain ideas about my favorite style of house.  But looking at them/for them makes my heart ache since I'm on my own... having a dream house feels depressing to me.  I see myself travelling non-stop pretty much... I'm hoping there will be lodgings like bed & breakfasts so I can just stay in a nice room and move on.

The aspect of hospitality is so strongly stressed in the Bible (many examples) so I wouldn't be surprised  that each house built in Paradise will have extra guest room for visitors.

For sure I will incorporate 1-2 rooms for guests in my house and make them as comfy as possible (No expenses sparred LOL :D)

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Uani, maybe you could call it pre-planning. You're shopping around for what you plan to build, getting ideas. I'll do that when I want to do a project, I'll look around at what other people have done so it broadens my perception of what I'd like. Maybe what you thought you'd like turns into something else. 

My initial house was small overlooking a lake, then it turned into 3 modulars put together in the shape of a U so I had a private alcove in the middle, open to each modular. Now it's open concept. I really like the freedom of that one.

I'm hoping we can do house swapping, live somewhere for say ohhh a century, then trade houses with someone, preferably with a totally different home design.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

My deal is living/settling in such a scene on my own.  These houses need a family living in them and I don't have one.. so it's sad for me.

But it's good for others, so enjoy! :) 

What fantastic ideas for houses in the new system.  I would imagine that post Armageddon is going to be an exciting time with the resurrection, new scrolls, transforming the earth into a paradise etc.  

From a practical point of view, would I want to waste a good proportion of that time cleaning these palatial mansions.  Unless of course, satisfying the desire of every living thing includes self cleaning houses, in which case any of the gorgeous houses suggested would be acceptable.

23 minutes ago, Woodland said:

What fantastic ideas for houses in the new system.  I would imagine that post Armageddon is going to be an exciting time with the resurrection, new scrolls, transforming the earth into a paradise etc.  

From a practical point of view, would I want to waste a good proportion of that time cleaning these palatial mansions.  Unless of course, satisfying the desire of every living thing includes self cleaning houses, in which case any of the gorgeous houses suggested would be acceptable.

I am building a robot for cleaning chores LOL :borg:

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

I kinda want to have my home library, with an old-dark-wood-classy-atmosphere, difficult to explain...

where I will be able to enjoy some books, our spiritual food, but also all the "paradise journals" the friends will share with me.

Something like this :

Personal-Library-1.jpg

Edited by Dages

12 hours ago, Dages said:

I kinda want to have my home library, with an old-dark-wood-classy-atmosphere, difficult to explain...

where I will be able to enjoy some books, our spiritual food, but also all the "paradise journals" the friends will share with me.

Something like this :

Personal-Library-1.jpg

Definitely need a library! :bible2:

8 hours ago, Dages said:

And definitely a "cave à vin" (wine cellar), underground... hmmm

88f4e9c8148dab2dbfc8c2c73f4ebce0.jpg

and one for my cheese too, hmmm

formaggi-1600x630-1600x630.jpg

Hmm... 

You're good at this! :D

Also...no more fences, and especially no more cages.

Edited by Bjern

Even though no one might care,  I have thought about this subject quite a lot. I have never actually had a home of my own. My mother was no stable and I moved around, and now I'm married and have good family we can not afford to buy home. We rent... even though not bad living conditions, how I long for a home of my own. I know Jehovah has been father to me as a fatherless child and I can't wait until we are able to build houses for ourselves, not for others to live in, but for us! Our family and friend near by! No locks on the doors, Jehovah just a prayer away and the windows open on 70 degree night! I pray about it, and I think about it every day. I'm so thankful to Jehovah for his promises.:)o

Jim Qwilleran lived in a converted, octagonal apple barn - that might be an interesting design for the NS

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

Do ppl really want to live by themselves in big houses?  I'd rather live in a Bethel-type community. Strength in numbers.

By myself? No, I'd like a wife! :D 

And strength for what though? There will be no dangers in paradise.  For all we know there might not be any complexes where multiple people share one building. 

They will build houses and live in them...
They will not build for someone else to inhabit... 

Isaiah 65:21-22

I myself wouldn't be keen on living in a complex, I already do and they don't feel homely or private enough. Though that's just my personal preference. :) 

3 hours ago, Brandon said:

Do ppl really want to live by themselves in big houses?  I'd rather live in a Bethel-type community. Strength in numbers.

That's the bit that makes my heart ache when I think about houses in the New World.  I don't have a family and can imagine having one even less than I can imagine having a house.  I like beautiful houses... but walking around one by myself for eternity is grotesquely depressing.

I'm hoping for hotels or something...