JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Has anyone else used the Alexa skill "JW Access"?  It works super good and I don't think it's a copyright problem because it does not store anything but just just streams from JW.org (but correct me if I'm wrong).  I'm not sure if I should post the web site but it's easily googled.  These are not in Alexa's "voice" it's right from the JW.org site. This is what it can get Alexa to do according to the website:

JW Access is an Alexa skill to link to, and play, media available on JW.org, the official website of Jehovah's Witnesses.

The idea for this skill stemmed primarily from a desire to assist those who have a visual impairment and might not be able to navigate the website easily. However, it is also very enjoyable to listen to content, such as original music, while working around the house.

Example phrases:

Talks:

• “Alexa, ask JW Access to play morning worship”

Music

• “Alexa, ask JW Access to play original music”
  • "Alexa, ask JW Access to play children's music"
  • “Alexa, ask JW Access to play kingdom Melodies”
  • “Alexa, ask JW Access to play kingdom Melodies, Chorus”
  • “Alexa, ask JW Access to play kingdom Melodies, orchestrated”
  • “Alexa, ask JW Access to play kingdom Melodies, Meetings”
  • “Alexa, ask JW Access to play song number 149” (or any song number between 1 and 151)

The Bible

• Listen to dramatic Bible readings.

Dramas

• Listen to audio dramas

Weekly Bible Reading:

• “Alexa, ask JW Access to play this week’s Bible reading”
  • “Alexa, ask JW Access to play last week’s Bible reading”
  • “Alexa, ask JW Access to play next week’s Bible reading”

Weekly Watchtower Study

• “Alexa, ask JW Access to play this weeks Watch tower Study”
  • “Alexa, ask JW Access to play next weeks Watch tower Study”
  • “Alexa, ask JW Access to play last weeks Watch tower Study”

Alexa’s standard “Next”, “Previous”, “Pause”, and “Resume” commands are always available.

Baseball is in the Bible... Gen 1:1 "In the big inning".

The ToS states:

You may not:

Create for distribution purposes, any software applications, tools, or techniques that are specifically made to collect, copy, download, extract, harvest, or scrape data, HTML, images, or text from this site. (This does not prohibit the distribution of free, non-commercial applications designed to download electronic files such as EPUB, PDF, MP3, and MP4 files from public areas of this site.)

Hence, such an app should be free and non-commercial. But it might also be good to take into account if the developers collect user data, and how that is used.

Johan

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

52 minutes ago, Hope said:

I am so reminded of this... :D

I've heard they need to be calibrated often. You have stand real close and say "Alexa, deliver a Ferrari to Tortuga".

:D

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

On 8/29/2017 at 7:04 PM, Hope said:

I am so reminded of this... :D

Canada.JPG.289deb308a6fb99e35a81914341a7901.JPG

On 8/29/2017 at 8:53 PM, nanceebgd46 said:

That was so very, very funny...it had me laughing:lol:

and these days, that is no easy deal!:huh:

Thanks Uani for posting :D:lol::D

I wish I could see it too. I live in the wrong country.