JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Updates to JW Library (iOS, Android, Windows)

Last update... see post #3465...

There seems to be a colour code to the old books. Ie the Truth Book is blue, Reasoning is Brown, old song book is Tan, I was looking for the brown Knowledge (kl) book, but it has a photo? Yet the Live Forever and Rev are Red...
[No complaints, just an observation.]

Just Older

The last prints of the Knowledge-book had a soft paper cover with a picture on it. The first prints had a hard cover.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

The last prints of the Knowledge-book had a soft paper cover with a picture on it. The first prints had a hard cover.

I didn't remember that.... I checked the print dates, and looks like the kl book got a revision in 2006.
Now,... do I remember right...
Truth book Knowledge book Live Forever then Teach...

Just Older

I didn't remember that.... I checked the print dates, and looks like the kl book got a revision in 2006.
Truth book Knowledge book Live Forever then Teach...

Just Older

81AVBY%2BKdAL.jpg81npYQF0kCL.jpg

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

The pic on the app for the kl book looked like the Look brochure. Then I checked the Look brochure, nope I was wrong again. Memory is not what it used to be.
But it's a nice trip down memory lane - seeing these old titles again.

Just Older

I`m just sitting at my computer, scratching my head and wondering--in awe--how eight large shelves of books and

four cupboards full of brochures and tracts can all fit into my little Galaxy tablet with nearly 100GB of room to spare.

I downloaded all of the books, brochures and tracts and most of the magazines.  Our wi-fi service is VERY unreliable. :D 

Screenshot_20191102_134520.jpg.22874eef5f0f9f387145e98ac533133a.jpg

Edited by Friends just call me Ross

Added pic

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

My copy of the original Knowledge book had the cover placed on upside-down (and bac to front). 

When I was on literature counter I spotted it in a delivery and decided to keep it. 

It was very funny when often at the group/book study, others thought I was paying no attention, as the cover was upside down (although I would show them that the contents were the correct way up) 

I bet there weren't too many misprints like that

I was downloading the new publications to my older Note 3 Samsung phone using the hotspot on my active phone..toward the end the JWL app crashed. I reported it. This Note 3 is what I use at the meetings..I hope I don't have to start over!!😯

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

My copy of the original Knowledge book had the cover placed on upside-down (and bac to front). 
When I was on literature counter I spotted it in a delivery and decided to keep it. 
It was very funny when often at the group/book study, others thought I was paying no attention, as the cover was upside down (although I would show them that the contents were the correct way up) 

I bet there weren't too many misprints like that

Haha, that’s awesome.

Misprints are usually caught, but some evidently slip through.

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

36 minutes ago, SUNRAY said:

I was downloading the new publications to my older Note 3 Samsung phone using the hotspot on my active phone..toward the end the JWL app crashed. I reported it. This Note 3 is what I use at the meetings..I hope I don't have to start over!!😯

Take heart. :D  My JWLibrary app crashed repeatedly while I was downloading all that material and

each time it popped right back open when I hit the open back up thingy. :D 

Should probably have reported the crashes, but I figure it was just a few glitches that needed to be ironed out

since the downloads have been made available.

I am soooooooooooooo glad I don't have to download via data.  My plan with Verizon only alows for 2GB data per month. :( 

I have my NoRootFirewall set to only allow downloading via wi-fi, so I never use any of that 2GB of data.  But Verizon makes me

purchase it every month anyway.  Grrrrrrrrrrr.

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

4 minutes ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

each time it popped right back open when I hit the open back up thingy

Thanks..was that on your computer or phone? Android or ios? I thought of deleting each publication I downloaded to see if it would start back up..never tried that before. We have unlimited fast data from Metro by T Mobile..$80 a month for both phones..we love it because we can download or stream anytime. We don't have internet service or a computer..just phones, tablets and a mobile hotspot!:D

cat2_e0.gif

3 hours ago, Maʹher-shalʹal-hash-baz said:

Truth book emoji117.png Knowledge book emoji117.png Live Forever emoji117.png then Teach...

Just Older emoji3073.png

Live forever 👉🏻 Knowledge 👉🏻 Teach 😁

"For God is the one who for the sake of his good pleasure energizes you, giving you both the desire and the power to act." Phil 2:13

For the most part the live forever book (my 1st study book) is red as well as revelation book. Truth and worship books were blue. 

Those were actual colors of books. 

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

2 hours ago, SUNRAY said:

Thanks..was that on your computer or phone? Android or ios? I thought of deleting each publication I downloaded to see if it would start back up..never tried that before. We have unlimited fast data from Metro by T Mobile..$80 a month for both phones..we love it because we can download or stream anytime. We don't have internet service or a computer..just phones, tablets and a mobile hotspot!:D

My Samsung Galaxy android tablet.

Because we live so far out in the boonies, I have to buy my cellphone plan from Verizon

and my internet plan from TDS (our landline phone company).  

Costs beaucoup de bucks to be 'connected' when you live out in the tall and uncut. :D 

1 hour ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

we live so far out in the boonies

A move in elder here in Florida said he lived in a remote area..I think Michigan. Did you ever hear of the Hagadones?:boating:

cat2_e0.gif

Live forever Knowledge Teach

This is where I cannot remember that we went from small 192 page Truth book, to the big Red Live Forever, then back to the 192 page Knowledge!

It's all so long ago for my brain now...

Thanks for setting it straight.

Now I'm off to look for the 1st blue evolution book, then the creation book (big Blue). I see the ct book is there (with nice picture...)

I wonder if they are going to continue going into the archives and get to Studies in the Scriptures vol 7.

Just Older

If you want to compare copyright (or printing) dates, All of our operating systems display the JW Library with a "Sort" feature.

Go to the publications menu and look at the top right corner.  It has 2 counter-pointing arrows.  This icon represents the choice of sorting by alphabetic name or date of the publication.  Choose date and it lines the books up in the order printed.  

There is one drawback.  If the publication had more than one printing date (like 1996 and reprinted in 2004) the download is usually the latest printing and will show that later date.

1.JPG

49 minutes ago, SUNRAY said:

A move in elder here in Florida said he lived in a remote area..I think Michigan. Did you ever hear of the Hagadones?:boating:

Nope.  But I live in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.  He may have moved to the Lower Peninsula.

Our Circuits never co-mingle. :D 

12 hours ago, Maʹher-shalʹal-hash-baz said:

There seems to be a colour code to the old books. Ie the Truth Book is blue, Reasoning is Brown, old song book is Tan, I was looking for the brown Knowledge (kl) book, but it has a photo? Yet the Live Forever and Rev are Red...

[No complaints, just an observation.]

thats just what colour the cover is if you were to get the hard copy of the book.

11 hours ago, Maʹher-shalʹal-hash-baz said:

The pic on the app for the kl book looked like the Look brochure. Then I checked the Look brochure, nope I was wrong again. Memory is not what it used to be. emoji17.png
But it's a nice trip down memory lane - seeing these old titles again.

Just Older emoji3073.png

the pic used in JWL is the picture for the preface before chapter 1.