JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Updates to JW Library (iOS, Android, Windows)

1 hour ago, Tortuga said:

It appears to be the 2 scriptures that reference just the OD book. The other scriptures that reference the OD and other articles show just the articles. 

1 Tim 3:3 does the same thing and it also references just the OD book.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

4 minutes ago, jwhess said:

So it appears, if there is an OD book reference, we are going to remove it from the material to be cited in the notes?

The links to the OD work in the RSG itself, however they dont seem to work in the Study Bible. I wonder if its because of the disclaimer that has to be acknowledged when you download the OD.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

3 hours ago, carlos said:

That's a sign, Elizabeth. Jehovah wants you to learn Spanish. :lol:

Haha!!! I learned some Spanish about 50 years ago...supported a new group once..at least I could answer at the Wt. Study! One of the pocket letters I used to make had a short Spanish typed letter and a Spanish tract..now I use one Spanish "tall tract". We meet many Spanish speaking individuals from several countries here in Florida...A congregation north of us is using our hall to meet for service. I am hoping they will form another congregation at our hall! :D

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

30 minutes ago, jayrtom said:

It has been like that since the advent of the notes feature 😉

Wow..even on Android? I use notes a lot and never saw this before!😎

cat2_e0.gif

Hello everyone! I and another sister had the weirdest thing happen today..she has an 8gb Samson tablet. went on wifi to update JW Library..afterwards she had 4mg storage left on her tablet..down from over 1gb. On my 8gb Samsung phone, my storage dropped from 1.08gb to 350mgb after I updated the app! I wondered what could have used all that storage! I had to transfer almost all my gallery to the sd card to get back storage to 1.18gb. It must have something to do with the app update! Any way to message "HUB" to find out? :Dhaha! Or...anyone here have this happen?😉

Edited by SUNRAY

spelling

cat2_e0.gif

1 hour ago, SUNRAY said:

Hello everyone! I and another sister had the weirdest thing happen today..she has an 8gb Samson tablet. went on wifi to update JW Library..afterwards she had 4mg storage left on her tablet..down from over 1gb. On my 8gb Samsung phone, my storage dropped from 1.08gb to 350mgb after I updated the app! I wondered what could have used all that storage! I had to transfer almost all my gallery to the sd card to get back storage to 1.18gb. It must have something to do with the app update! Any way to message "HUB" to find out? :Dhaha! Or...anyone here have this happen?😉

Just a quick reminder to check and see if your media download selection is set to SD Card in the JW Library app settings...✔️

3 hours ago, jwhess said:

Just a quick reminder to check and see if your media download selection is set to SD Card in the JW Library app settings...✔️

Thanks brother Hess..yes, my setting is for media to go to the sd card, but an update of our entire app does not involve the sd card, as far as I know..For instance, when the study Bible was updated recently under "what's new" I think data was only added to the internal storage, just like magazine and book downloads.That was a .91mgb update, and I deleted a few of my other downloaded Bibles to make room for it. The fact that my friend's tablet also lost almost all memory after updating our app about the same time I did, makes me wonder if the update caused this. I was just wondering if anyone else experienced this.:coffee:

cat2_e0.gif

Actually, it is called "App Icon Badge"

Also known as 'Dots', these allow us to display a Badge (or Dot) on our applications launcher icon to notify our users that there is a pending notification that they have not yet acted upon. A notification dot appears on the application icon when notifications exist that haven't been interacted with yet

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

• 3 weeks later...

I have another wish list item...

I hope we have the "Improving Our Skills In The Ministry" series added to the Article Series in the JWLibrary app...

Can someone who has an Android phone check the latest morning worship "Oppose the Devil" under "What's New" on the JWL app?  I'm able to stream it if I want to, but cannot activate the download button on the thumbnail.  :confused:

24 minutes ago, LRJW said:

Can someone who has an Android phone check the latest morning worship "Oppose the Devil" under "What's New" on the JWL app?  I'm able to stream it if I want to, but cannot activate the download button on the thumbnail.  :confused:

Last Monday noon I checked the well-known broadcasting link to find the Monday video. It was not there.
Last week, two video links were entered too early and were deleted later.
I think it was made a mistake and that affects now.

The link to "Oppose the Devil" is still missing (also in german).

Has anyone experienced this kind of glitch?

I started up WT LIbrary CD and while the program works, all of the words/letters are squares!

Looks like this:

Capture.PNG

I think this may have happened as a result of an update to a program called: PostgreSQL_(64bit)_v11.4

I am not familiar with this program but my security software said this needed updating so I updated.

I would appreciate any suggestions/help, thanks :)

Or maybe the most recent WT Library update got corrupted somehow? 

If so, how do I "Manually Update" or should I?

Edited by Beggar for the Spirit

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, And put within me a new spirit, a steadfast one" (PS 51:10)