JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Updates to JW Library (iOS, Android, Windows)

My old Android phone would let me move apps to the SD card - only thing is, when they would update Android would move them back to the phone "by default" ... so, every time one of those apps was updated I had to move it back to the SD card.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

2 hours ago, Jonathan77 said:

There is no midweek meeting this week, thus no meeting schedule, so the workbook doesn't show.

The slightly ignoring thing is the More Songs button wont appear either under Show Media.  But you work around this for the Memorial songs.

That's true. You are right.
We use tablets in the service (mostly wlan only) and have opened the sample conversations as a reminder.

If the listener should see the Bible text, we will go to the Bible.

Yesterday we were confused.
No link.

But: We did not change to another week.

Thank you very much.

On 4/13/2019 at 7:35 AM, Thesauron said:

How has the presence of the Scriptures Explained as a feature of the Bible in JW Library been of help to you in your personal research?

It has helped me a lot!  I have the material I need just for that paragraph or that lesson without getting sidetracked into something else.  I like deep research (mostly cause I can't remember like I used to) and I can get really involved with material I haven't seen or read for years and just get carried away.  Yes, I love this feature.  

On 5/31/2017 at 9:39 PM, ChrisC said:

I don't remember seeing this information so I will post.

On my iPhone it is possible to rearrange the icons at the bottom of the screen.

After pressing More, tabs that won't fit on the display are offered. But also an Edit button. Pressing this will let you rearrange the icons at the bottom, like I have done.

IMG_3183.JPG.3f60d01aa9b5aff222a6e707b54ea3d2.JPG

How did I miss that!?

Tab reordering has seemed to stop working for me in the latest version of the iOS app. Anyone else seem to be having the same issue?

• 2 weeks later...
What's this purpose:

d517ee5289cbe6af19ccb4a37f2eecdc.jpg&key=d6c04628fde29dde5e845ae494e1ff5db37baef8041b6a0e5786635937089289

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

It gives you the opportunity to download the audio and video to a particular publication, or delete them. It shows that you have 0 audio files and a few video files pertaining to that particular publication on your device.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

33 minutes ago, Tbs77 said:

What's this purpose:

d517ee5289cbe6af19ccb4a37f2eecdc.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Now it is possible to download the 23 videos of the Study Bible on your device.
You can also download 729 Bible chapters and play them directly from your device.
Watch out for your memory.

On 4/20/2019 at 10:54 AM, zauser said:

Tab reordering has seemed to stop working for me in the latest version of the iOS app. Anyone else seem to be having the same issue?

I just reordered mine without any problem.

I clicked on more and then edit. 

On 5/1/2019 at 10:09 PM, The German said:

Now it is possible to download the 23 videos of the Study Bible on your device.
You can also download 729 Bible chapters and play them directly from your device.
Watch out for your memory.

Unfortunately if you do this on an iPad the app slows down considerably ☹️

• 3 weeks later...

I just upgraded my 2015 Samsung SM-T350 to android 9 ( PIE ) with micro gapps ( saves about 4 Gb internal )

Of course this is one of 3 custom roms.

JW lib locks up after downloading one publication, but didn't do it for the bibles. Maybe a bug in unfinished pie rom - does it on 2 different roms.

A side point on bible order - you can reorganize them by touch and drag method, just in case you wish a different version to be 1st.

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

Hi all,

I've just noticed this issue on my android version of JW library:

I have it set to download media on WiFi only, but over the last 2 days has used 100mb of data per day, without downloading anything!

I've put it into offline mode to be safe, but don't understand why it should happen.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Peter,

Pontypridd, UK

• 3 weeks later...

I've got a JW Library update for my android and windows 10 devices.

Hoping for more spiritual treats. Like more of Study Bible?????

Windows 10

image.png.bab24dce8800e273d112ae84c53354f1.png

Android

Android JW update.jpg

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

I've got a JW Library update for my android and windows 10 devices.

Hoping for more spiritual treats. Like more of Study Bible?????

Windows 10

image.png.bab24dce8800e273d112ae84c53354f1.png

Android

1804125310_AndroidJWupdate.thumb.jpg.80897ed826ced469ce034c17c7b02cb9.jpg

The study Bible updates in other ways. This update will bring...

Ability to download individual audio recordings when reading an article

When viewing a picture or video, ability to see all the other pictures from the same article along the bottom of the screen

And bug fixes.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”