JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Updates to JW Library (iOS, Android, Windows)

Update also for iOS. The long delay on opening is fixed!

EFF05E8F-C801-43B0-A19C-F3B93C33FE2B.jpeg.21c4b417fadf5ca7b106c552f4495eb8.jpeg

beautiful in love GIF by Space Jam

Edited by ChrisC

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

Now shows the publication year along with the title.

Would like to have this new feature of showing the other pictures along the bottom of the screen when viewing from the "Show Media" page.  Only works if you look at pictures from within the publication.

Windows version seem to take a long time on the first run.  But works as normal on subsequent runs.

That’s great.  But my app [ios] still lags for about 5 seconds when opening it and then when going back to it when it’s opened or switching content within the app.  I was reading on the platform the CBS and then was asked to read versus in the Bible..... man did I begging to sweat.....  it seemed like forever before I read the scriptures..

1 hour ago, Jonathan77 said:

Windows version seem to take a long time on the first run.  But works as normal on subsequent runs.

My Windows app took a very long time to open the first time I opened it after the update, however it opens normally now.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

On 4/13/2019 at 7:35 AM, Thesauron said:

How has the presence of the Scriptures Explained as a feature of the Bible in JW Library been of help to you in your personal research?

Thanks for that heads up. I hadn’t seen that extra tab in the 2018 Research Guide. Now, I realize that this is the exact source of our Research Guide links in our Study Bible.

I usually use the online edition of the Publication Index/Scripture Index for my research. But, this Research Guide feature really cuts down on your research time. It has also eliminated the need to create extra notes for those scriptures. Lots of notes I already have are made redundant.

Looking forward to having everything in our JW Library that’s available online!

Anybody remember those days we had multiple bound volumes open at various places, strung all over the desk and bed, when doing research for our talks, studies, etc.?! The other way was just writing down all those points or paragraphs on scratch paper, one book at a time.

“It’s not how much we know that pleases Jehovah, but how we feel about what we know and how we have allowed that knowledge to increase our love for Jehovah.”

7 hours ago, digital_dreamer said:

Thanks for that heads up. I hadn’t seen that extra tab in the 2018 Research Guide. Now, I realize that this is the exact source of our Research Guide links in our Study Bible.

I usually use the online edition of the Publication Index/Scripture Index for my research. But, this Research Guide feature really cuts down on your research time. It has also eliminated the need to create extra notes for those scriptures. Lots of notes I already have are made redundant.

Looking forward to having everything in our JW Library that’s available online!

Anybody remember those days we had multiple bound volumes open at various places, strung all over the desk and bed, when doing research for our talks, studies, etc.?! The other way was just writing down all those points or paragraphs on scratch paper, one book at a time.

I havn´t been using this much... first it isn't available in portuguese from Potugal but even the english version has a limited amount of references (only the ones present in the research guide). It's ok for the majority of cases but I prefer putting the wol side by side with jwlibrary and use the full set of references from the index which is available on wol but not yet on jwl

I havn´t been using this much... first it isn't available in portuguese from Potugal but even the english version has a limited amount of references (only the ones present in the research guide). It's ok for the majority of cases but I prefer putting the wol side by side with jwlibrary and use the full set of references from the index which is available on wol but not yet on jwl

The advantage the Scriptures Explained section of the Reference Guide has to Index is that it only refers to the latest understanding. That’s the idea. Otherwise a lot of people are very keen on referring to older understandings of Scriptures. As I understand it, you are receiving more and more publications in Portuguese (Portugal) and I believe you might receive the Reference Guide this year or next.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

19 minutes ago, Thesauron said:

The advantage the Scriptures Explained section of the Reference Guide has to Index is that it only refers to the latest understanding. That’s the idea. Otherwise a lot of people are very keen on referring to older understandings of Scriptures. As I understand it, you are receiving more and more publications in Portuguese (Portugal) and I believe you might receive the Reference Guide this year or next.

You might notice there are several (I would say a lot) of texts that don't have any enter on the reference guide but do have on the index. Also, if you look into the most recent references on the index you'll be fine. I just go to older ones when there is none in the recent years

Example:

On the latest midweek meeting, if you searched for references on John 9:7 you wouldn't find anything . But using wol you would find an explanation to why did Jesus sent the blind man to siloam

Edited by jayrtom

You might notice there are several (I would say a lot) of texts that don't have any enter on the reference guide but do have on the index. Also, if you look into the most recent references on the index you'll be fine. I just go to older ones when there is none in the recent years

Example:
On the latest midweek meeting, if you searched for references on John 9:7 you wouldn't find anything . But using wol you would find an explanation to why did Jesus sent the blind man to siloam

I know. The point is to move away from using older publications when it’s not absolutely necessary. The Reference Guide is a great help to do that. Sometimes even the only references we’ve got in a Index are outdated, so it’s necessary to be careful. With the Reference Guide a large part of that job is already done for you. I think that’s awesome.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

40 minutes ago, pholmes38 said:

Android gave me an update (41mb) today.

Version 11.2.1 (44383)

I received the same update but it was only 2.5mb

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

9 hours ago, pholmes38 said:

Android gave me an update (41mb) today.

Version 11.2.1 (44383)

4 hours ago, jwhess said:

There was an Android JW Library update  a couple of days ago.  I wonder if the size difference is whether the two might be combined if you did not get it done in the last couple of days.

I had one as well earlier in the week, I think 21mb?

Then yesterday 41mb

After the latest update for windows, JWLibrary is very slow to load, much like it was with the original version for Winows 10. I can get my ipad out and have a fully loaded JWLibrary while my PC is still spinning it's wheel. :(

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

6 minutes ago, hatcheckgirl said:

What is this, and why is it unavailable? Anyone know? I’m on iOS, but this is also on Android. 

FC6E1F8F-98BD-49DA-A687-516BBAA9C7D5.thumb.jpeg.b73b8df8543dcd7007aa25161ba6741f.jpeg

If you go to this thread :   

You will find an answer...actually, a LOT of answers. :D 

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif