JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Updates to JW Library (iOS, Android, Windows)

9 hours ago, Jf800 said:

Now you can choose the yeartext language.

Nice change.

It should be noted that, for this option to show up, you must turn "Play video on second display" ON

image.png.de4db4afb46efeb29226dcedab17a01b.png      image.png.92ce3bf607ba95664f90215fdc2564b0.png

Once turned on a drop-down box will appear allowing you to select the language ... OR ... you can even select to NOT have the Yeartext displayed

image.png.e625c8268c43037088815518890917e2.png

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

On 3/21/2019 at 6:05 PM, Jonathan77 said:

Lately I have been using an android e-ink reader (I find it easy on the eyes), mainly for PDFs.  However JW Library works just great with it, a little slow on the screen refresh, but for reading its great.

Can you share the name of that e-ink reader?

1 hour ago, jayrtom said:

Can you share the name of that e-ink reader?

Under Settings/Accessibility/Direct Access I turned on Negative Colors. This allows night mode on any app or website by pushing my physical home button quickly 3 times..This is on Samsung phones.

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

4 hours ago, SUNRAY said:

Under Settings/Accessibility/Direct Access I turned on Negative Colors. This allows night mode on any app or website by pushing my physical home button quickly 3 times..This is on Samsung phones.

The same option can be had in and Apple IOS system as well.  It is under accessibility, invert colors.  The 3 push button will work if you set the accessibility shortcut to the home button.

Does anyone know how to do this or an app to do this invert color on Windows 10?  I am using the "magnifier" feature to invert the colors but it puts the large + and - signs in the corners and they cover up needed menu items.  As an alternative, does anyone know how to get rid of the + and - symbols on the screens?

Edited by jwhess

10 hours ago, jwhess said:

The same option can be had in and Apple IOS system as well.  It is under accessibility, invert colors.  The 3 push button will work if you set the accessibility shortcut to the home button.

Does anyone know how to do this or an app to do this invert color on Windows 10?  I am using the "magnifier" feature to invert the colors but it puts the large + and - signs in the corners and they cover up needed menu items.  As an alternative, does anyone know how to get rid of the + and - symbols on the screens?

Sr. Elizabeth seemed a little confused by my remark about the Windows magnifier putting the +. - and x symbols on the screen.  I have attached a screenshot (partial upper right corner of this conversation) to demonstrate the symbols obscuring the menu-bar items underneath.  This is in the "inverted" or "dark" mode.

2019-04-02 (3).png

New in JW Library for Windows 10 :

"Support for playing convention media using JW Library

Ability to choose the yeartext language that appears on the second display, or to turn off the display of the yeartext (at Conventions)

New feature on the video player to repeat the song or video that is currently playing

NOTE: An upcoming release of JW Library will require Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, Version 1709."

Most of it has already been commented on above.
But what means "support for playing convention media" ?

Any idea?

I need help, this may be wrong thread to post this. How do I get audio for Bearing Thorough Witness to play. This is the only publication I am having trouble with. I downloaded audio files, no audio.😞

Jehovah is my God,my, Father,my Friend

Ability to choose the yeartext language that appears on the second display, or to turn off the display of the yeartext (at Conventions)
New feature on the video player to repeat the song or video that is currently playing
NOTE: An upcoming release of JW Library will require Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, Version 1709."

Most of it has already been commented on above.
But what means "support for playing convention media" ?
Any idea?

Preparations for the conventions.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

4 hours ago, Thesauron said:

JW Library for iOS was just updated with a bug patch to 11.1.

Well, now, patience paid off. I was having such a hard time. Being patient. This site has been a dream, then, with that last update...my dream was taking naps!

All is well...

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

From working with the captains of my double kingdom hall we have had our windows computer updated to the latest windows 10. We are able to use both JW Library for presentations of images and video to our other screens. Also we can use the soundbox to display images that aren't in the JW Library app.

The difference was that there was the graphic that was made in soundbox as a screensaver and the yeartext from the JW Library app. I wanted to unify the look so the friends won't notice a difference. So I got a screenshot from the alt-tab of it on 2nd screen and it looks great.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1AAccEdzw9Ln7jyS3VzmMuempZ3HpoHWr

yeartext 2019 jw library.jpg

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

I noticed you can drag-and-drop videos into JW Library and if they match what is its database, it will import them.

Maybe this is a way for them to use JW Library as the media player at conventions.  It won't import just any video.  It would be a useful feature to be able to import Local Needs videos for Midweek Meetings.

32 minutes ago, Jonathan77 said:

I noticed you can drag-and-drop videos into JW Library and if they match what is its database, it will import them.

Maybe this is a way for them to use JW Library as the media player at conventions.  It won't import just any video.  It would be a useful feature to be able to import Local Needs videos for Midweek Meetings.

Great. Many Thanks.
This is a feature we already know from Soundbox.
Unfortunately, the videos are firmly linked to the date of the meeting in the workbook.

I hope more videos and own pictures will be allowed in the future.
We show half pages from the workbook, the sample conversations page and the picture with the biblical passage from the respective sample conversation video. Sometimes also maps.

On 4/1/2019 at 8:32 PM, Jf800 said:

That Is new! Now you can choose the yeartext languaje.

Enviado desde mi Z2 Plus mediante Tapatalk

Excellent!

Was already thinking I need to send the brothers feedback about this. My iPad system language in Swedish, but I want to have the daily text in English. Previously I was shown the English DT on the app start page, but all of a sudden it stopped showing it, and wanted me to download the Swedish DT. I could not get the English DT to appear for the life in me.

To this David said: “What have I done now? I was only asking a question!”

– 1 Samuel 17:29

On 4/7/2019 at 1:54 AM, YukitoMatsuzuki said:

I think it would be better if the 'off yeartext' feature still displayed the JW logo. I can not tell if the JW Library is active at the time if it is just blank.

It seems that the Yeartext Off is primarily for use at conventions, and not for Kingdom Hall use, as that is why the logo also disappears.

Wish list item: The ability to store the Publications on the SD card.

My wife's phone is full and I found that JWL was 3.3 GB. That's not a real number because it includes the Media that is stored on the SD card. I deleted all of the bibles except the Study bible and I deleted the 2016 and 2017  magazines she had installed. It cleared almost a GB of space. It would be nice to keep the Publications on the SD card...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 hour ago, Tortuga said:

Wish list item: The ability to store the Publications on the SD card.

My wife's phone is full and I found that JWL was 3.3 GB. That's not a real number because it includes the Media that is stored on the SD card. I deleted all of the bibles except the Study bible and I deleted the 2016 and 2017  magazines she had installed. It cleared almost a GB of space. It would be nice to keep the Publications on the SD card...

Br. Richard, I too would like that feature.  It would not help our Ipad friends but the rest of us could use it.

Just now, Jonathan77 said:

Is there not a way to move app data to the SD card in Android?  I thought you could do that, look under device settings.  Or does it not move publication data?

I have tried that on several devices and it doesn't seem to help clear any space.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D