JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Updates to JW Library (iOS, Android, Windows)

I tried it with some other publications.  For example, you have downloaded the videos for the Pure Worship book.  Now if delete that book, all those videos are also gone. 

But then I tried this with the Good News brochure, and all the videos remained.

In some ways I can understand this, but it means for publications like the MWBs and WTs it could mean deleting videos you don't want to.  

On the other hand, there is some good news for sound servants downloading videos for the meetings

You can now go to Publications > Meeting Workbooks > go to the workbook and then click on Download Media, and download all the media for that month in one go.

I have an old Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 with KitKat 4.4.2 that I use strictly for service. I updated the JWLibrary and it looks good so far, I haven't found any issues running it on the older OS.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I’m wondering why videos previously downloaded for books are showing as available with Watchtowers etc. I don’t know which videos it is referring to.

4AF15561-804F-4244-B67F-EE631932EF11.jpeg.3233f839565e18934dcaba82f31ac149.jpeg

If you have downloaded the song videos, or any other videos referred to in the magazines, they are counted there.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

2 hours ago, Thesauron said:

If you have downloaded the song videos, or any other videos referred to in the magazines, they are counted there.

Thanks.

The Watchtowers do not include videos though. (I checked Show Media for each article.)

I don’t really want to delete all my videos and then load them from a magazine just to find out what they are! It doesn’t really matter I suppose.

Edited by ChrisC

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

On the videos - you now have to be careful where you click

image.png.121ae17aefd4e71e811f8f863c0771a3.png

In the past I could click anywhere on the video image and I would get the d/l options. Now, I have to click on the little cloud with the down arrow to get the d/l options - if I click anywhere else on the image it starts streaming the video instead of d/l

Also, I only get the d/l options if the video is available in multiple resolutions. I have had some videos d/l as soon as I click on the little cloud - this tells me that they must only have one resolution and that is why no option box

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Strange.

I can’t remember any video being available in only one resolution. Even with old movies I have the choice of 240/360/480p.

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

I clicked on a couple of the original song videos and they simply d/l without offering me a d/l option box :shrugs:

If I am not mistaken - I think they may also have altered some of the icons in the "drawer" 

Mine now looks like this

image.png.a79aaa35af608b3dae47ce476a66a8e5.png

looking at it, the icon for the meetings  image.png.7fe5c585aa47415b1c077b8d8639955b.png  looks to be "new and improved" - I remember I used to think that the icon looked more like a "mortar and pestle" then something from a meeting. Now, it looks like a person at a lectern.

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

The icons are now the same as the WOL.  The way the research guide is included is the same as in the WOL as well.  I wonder if we will get the indexes at some point.  All part of unifying the apps and websites.  But I suspect this is just one stage in the unifying process, and we will see another update (v12) before it is complete.

3 hours ago, hatcheckgirl said:

Is there any issue with Android with pending downloads being stuck?

My sister is asking me, but my devices are iOS and they worked. 

It seems stuck when pending updates won't download in the Bible tab. And it shuts the app down!
The cloud downloaded ok btw.

D074477E-B12B-42F1-8BFB-211E72465CC4.thumb.jpeg.a8c09c38d1e736932df6b1b1ae2d6f20.jpeg

I don’t know about androids but my iPad tablet keeps getting stuck. ☹️ 

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

3 hours ago, hatcheckgirl said:

Is there any issue with Android with pending downloads being stuck?

My sister is asking me, but my devices are iOS and they worked. 

It seems stuck when pending updates won't download in the Bible tab. And it shuts the app down!
The cloud downloaded ok btw.

D074477E-B12B-42F1-8BFB-211E72465CC4.thumb.jpeg.a8c09c38d1e736932df6b1b1ae2d6f20.jpeg

My iPad got stuck when trying to download the Bible audio files. Total of 1,189 files in Spanish. Then around halfway it crashed, but when I reopened the app, about 700 files were successfully downloaded, so I only had to download the remaining files on the second round and everything worked out with no problems.