JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Updates to JW Library (iOS, Android, Windows)

I haven't had trouble with the DL'ing of the audio files.

I realized I needed to update a bunch of media files I have had for a while, but that finally went ok. And I cleaned up older ones.

:wave:

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

On 3/19/2019 at 6:49 PM, ChrisC said:

I’m wondering why videos previously downloaded for books are showing as available with Watchtowers etc. I don’t know which videos it is referring to.

4AF15561-804F-4244-B67F-EE631932EF11.jpeg.3233f839565e18934dcaba82f31ac149.jpeg

20 hours ago, ChrisC said:

Thanks.

The Watchtowers do not include videos though. (I checked Show Media for each article.)

I don’t really want to delete all my videos and then load them from a magazine just to find out what they are! It doesn’t really matter I suppose.

Those videos refer to the songs that are included in the weeks' respective meetings.  If you go into the Meetings tab and click on Watchtower study, then click on view media (WITHOUT clicking on the WT article itself first), you'll see not only the pictures from that Watchtower, but also the videos for the song lyrics.  It's mainly so the sound brother can quickly load the song during the meeting without having to hunt for it.

Edited by LRJW

Finally everything is downloaded. 

Ipad was just just being grumpy. 

Not that it matters as I’ve already watched the “Introduction to 1 Corinthians” but it still hasn’t come to the 1 Corinthians book on JwLibrary. :shrugs:O well, 😁

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

13 hours ago, Qapla said:

On the videos - you now have to be careful where you click

image.png.121ae17aefd4e71e811f8f863c0771a3.png

In the past I could click anywhere on the video image and I would get the d/l options. Now, I have to click on the little cloud with the down arrow to get the d/l options - if I click anywhere else on the image it starts streaming the video instead of d/l

Also, I only get the d/l options if the video is available in multiple resolutions. I have had some videos d/l as soon as I click on the little cloud - this tells me that they must only have one resolution and that is why no option box

Thanks for this explanation.

This is what the one time animated GIF is trying to tell us when clicking on any media.

01.thumb.png.7f2b1f904e11f5bfbe679da2c1afa309.png

03.thumb.png.53db5eae40a82e77fa7ac9a5128f295c.png

You can now download the APK for JW Library from jw.org.

This is great for those who can't use a store for downloading app.  You could find it elsewhere from a website that hosts apks, but I never know whether you could trust these, might contain malware.  Now you can get straight from the source.

Lately I have been using an android e-ink reader (I find it easy on the eyes), mainly for PDFs.  However JW Library works just great with it, a little slow on the screen refresh, but for reading its great.

1 hour ago, Jonathan77 said:

You can now download the APK for JW Library from jw.org

Thanks..I checked out how to do that..because when I updated the app on my Samsung A 8" tablet, the demo came on the screen and would not leave! I knew I was going to have to delete the app and start over...which I did! However I decided to use my split screen, and tapped the app for the 2nd screen..really weird thing happened! The app opened ok, but with the 1st demo screen in the original update! I was able to choose "later" and my app is there! Yea! Except now I have to start over!!😎

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

4 hours ago, pholmes38 said:

I had the big, new update this week.

But this morning had another small update. Not sure what for

It looks like the tutorials were added as shone in Brother Chew's post above..😉

cat2_e0.gif

I've updated to v 11.0.32841. Windows 10 PC at KH.
At the meeting today, the side pane of the study WTno longer shows the Scriptures when I click on them.
There is no apparent change to the main screen at the front, but the operator view has changed.
I think this is a bug, as the operation has not changed on my phone or tablet (Android).
The footnotes /end notes and comments are displayed, but it will not open the bible. 8866cbb66f965dd821c1ef2062ca2759.jpg

Just Older

6 hours ago, pholmes38 said:

After the small update yesterday i was on version 11 (38551) now this morning i have another small update - version 11 (38822)

I was checking to see what might have changed..Wow! Under Meetings, the songs have been changed to AUDIO..No words!!! 

I checked in Media..the videos with the words are still there though..hopefully they will still be used on the monitors during meetings at the hall!😃This is like hunting for buried treasure!!

picgifs-diamonds-615006.gif

Edited by SUNRAY

add gif

cat2_e0.gif

I was checking to see what might have changed..Wow! Under Meetings, the songs have been changed to AUDIO..No words!!! 
I checked in Media..the videos with the words are still there though..hopefully they will still be used on the monitors during meetings at the hall!This is like hunting for buried treasure!!
picgifs-diamonds-615006.gif.f387c7b7505c91ba9102311021461bd2.gif

The songs are still the video files with the words. Am I missing something?

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

From the meetings tab the meetings are listed where you can choose between MWM and WT Study. One selected (or automatically selected) the desired meeting is shown in the left window.

In the case of the MWM the entire outline for the week is shown. In the case of the WT the Title of the article is listed.

MWM - If you click on the song number in the outline for the meeting you will get the words in the right hand pane. If you click on the "media icon" in the upper right corner, you will get the links to the songs that can be played on the screens with the words. The change is that you now have an option to d/l the song(s) or stream them. If you look in the lower right corner of a song link there is a small cloud with a down arrow (if the song has not been d/l).   image.png.fd8723eb33d2bf76b40f111a6c968b5b.png If this cloud is present and you click on the picture, not the cloud, the video with the words will be streamed. If you click on the cloud you will get the d/l option box. If the song has already been d/l there will not be a cloud. Instead, there will be three dost in the upper right corner of the song pic image.png.69d1d440f90e5820bfdfeb58dbdf9e76.png If this is the case, clicking anywhere on the picture will play the d/l video instead of streaming. 

WT Study - This meeting works a little different. When you select WT Study as the meeting you will get the title of the lesson. If you click on the "media icon" you will get the same results as the MWM and the song pictures work the same way. However, if you click on the lesson and bring up the study lesson, clicking on "media icon" will only give you the images from the lesson, not the songs. Likewise, if you click on the song number in the lesson, you will get the words in the right pane.

With the exception of the new "Streaming" option, this is the same way it has been working for the meetings.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

3 hours ago, Thesauron said:

The songs are still the video files with the words. Am I missing something?

Under media, yes..on our android phones and tablets under Mettings/Media for each meeting...earphone icon..music only..no words!

cat2_e0.gif

43 minutes ago, SUNRAY said:

Under media, yes..on our android phones and tablets under Meetings/Media for each meeting...earphone icon..music only..no words!

I just checked our phones and old Note 3 phone I use offline..My phone now shows the song videos..but Don's phone and my offline phone show music only..I will check Don's phone later ro see if it changes to video songs.😉

Screenshot_2019-03-23-13-50-40~01.png

Screenshot_2019-03-23-13-48-21~01.png

Screenshot_2019-03-23-13-59-42-1.png

Screenshot_2019-03-23-14-21-46-1.png

Edited by SUNRAY

photo

cat2_e0.gif

Under media, yes..on our android phones and tablets under Mettings/Media for each meeting...earphone icon..music only..no words!

My devices show the song videos under Meetings.

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

2 hours ago, Thesauron said:

My devices show the song videos under Meetings

That's right in the Media Videos..I am talking about the workbook meeting and Wt. study meeting..2 devices have mp3, the other phone shows them as videos with the words as usual.. as per the screenshots above. I figure it will be worked out.😉

cat2_e0.gif

That's right in the Media Videos..I am talking about the workbook meeting and Wt. study meeting..2 devices have mp3, the other phone shows them as videos with the words as usual.. as per the screenshots above. I figure it will be worked out.

I understand what you mean. To me, the videos are there as well. You might want to report your bug.

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”