JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Updates to JW Library (iOS, Android, Windows)

Just now, Qapla said:

Have you checked to make sure you have not selected a font for WTL that is not compatible with your PC or WTL

Hi John,

Thanks for your suggestion. Yeah maybe that was the problem, but I had not changed the font of the WTL in a long time. 

I had just updated that program PostgreSQL the same day, and I understand this program involves "text", so maybe the font got changed/removed/corrupted? 

Not sure.

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, And put within me a new spirit, a steadfast one" (PS 51:10)

5 hours ago, Thesauron said:

JW Library for iOS just updated to 11.3.3 to improve compatibility with future versions of iOS, 

It has fixed the misaligned icons in the pop-up when you select a verse.
While iPadOS 13.1 beta 4 has a Dark Mode it doesn’t seem to do anything in JW Library.

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

• 4 weeks later...
Yes of course.
In English about 50% in German almost 100% of the videos.
Can you get JW Library to show the text track?

I can only do it with hardcoded subtitles.

I think most recently published English videos have subtitles these days for the benefit of those who are hard of hearing and for those who does not have English as their first language. I can only really think of the “Introduction” videos that doesn’t really have subtitles anywhere yet.

There really no way to turn the subtitles on or off in the app, as you can do on the website, but since it is the wishes of the brothers to eventually have similar features on the site and the app, we can probably expect an update of the JW Library to that end.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

19 minutes ago, Thesauron said:

I think most recently published English videos have subtitles these days for the benefit of those who are hard of hearing and for those who does not have English as their first language. I can only really think of the “Introduction” videos that doesn’t really have subtitles anywhere yet.

There really no way to turn the subtitles on or off in the app, as you can do on the website, but since it is the wishes of the brothers to eventually have similar features on the site and the app, we can probably expect an update of the JW Library to that end.

Hardcoded subtitles work.

You will find some hardcoded Videos in my subtitle cloud, Folder "2019":

https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?code=kZallD7ZuQxvkT0PglmSgQAe1IlAyRdzLF8k

No subtitles in "Introduction", "Sample Conversation" and "Teaching" Videos.

All these Videos have subtitles in German.

Edited by The German

Hardcoded subtitles work.
You will find some hardcoded Videos in my subtitle cloud, Folder "2019":
https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?code=kZallD7ZuQxvkT0PglmSgQAe1IlAyRdzLF8k

No subtitles in "Introduction", "Sample Conversation" and "Teaching" Videos.

All these Videos have subtitles in German.

The Teaching videos do have subtitles even in English. The others will probably come. There was a time when almost no videos had subtitles in English. Many English-speaking people aren’t used to the idea of using subtitles when watching a video, but it has benefits for a lot of people.

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

17 minutes ago, Thesauron said:

The Teaching videos do have subtitles even in English. The others will probably come. There was a time when almost no videos had subtitles in English. Many English-speaking people aren’t used to the idea of using subtitles when watching a video, but it has benefits for a lot of people.

Unlike Germany, there are subtitles for most films in Sweden and many other (Nordic) countries. People are used to it. Since I spend a lot of time in Sweden, I love subtitles.

Hälsningar från Grönskåra (Lenhovda församling).

Unlike Germany, there are subtitles for most films in Sweden and many other (Nordic) countries. People are used to it. Since I spend a lot of time in Sweden, I love subtitles.
Hälsningar från Grönskåra (Lenhovda församling).

Well, that’s a place in the middle of nowhere.

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

How to play video in jw library with subtitles

Just gonna throw this out there...you may have a setting on your device to turn subtitles on. It would be in the accessibility section of your settings depending on the device you are using. 🙂

Edited by Buttrfly71

"For God is the one who for the sake of his good pleasure energizes you, giving you both the desire and the power to act." Phil 2:13

1 minute ago, Maʹher-shalʹal-hash-baz said:

New update for Android jw.lib app now available... 88c5087ef53e97a122a5b5985578891a.jpg

Just Older emoji3073.png

I don't have it yet. Is the JW Broadcast button gone from the home page?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

10 hours ago, Buttrfly71 said:

How to play video in jw library with subtitles

Just gonna throw this out there...you may have a setting on your device to turn subtitles on. It would be in the accessibility section of your settings depending on the device you are using. 🙂

Did you check that on your device?
What was the result / response of JW Library?

4 hours ago, Tbs77 said:

Hi Friends,

How do I download jwpub file from JW.org then open in iPhone...I put in iCloud to access but just shows zip 2 files...

Thanks

I only have an Ipad tablet (not a phone).  If you see the download in the Icloud "documents" section, tap on the zip file shown.  The selection should appear in a screen with an icon in the upper right corner that looks like a page of paper with an arrow in it.  Tap that icon.  A drop-down menu with choices should appear. The list on the top row shows where to put the file to open.  If you don;t see JW Library, scroll to the right.  If you still don;t see it, tap on the 3-dots for more choices.  In the list you should find JW Library.  Tap on that and the library should open and ask if you want to open the file there.

I only have an Ipad tablet (not a phone).  If you see the download in the Icloud "documents" section, tap on the zip file shown.  The selection should appear in a screen with an icon in the upper right corner that looks like a page of paper with an arrow in it.  Tap that icon.  A drop-down menu with choices should appear. The list on the top row shows where to put the file to open.  If you don;t see JW Library, scroll to the right.  If you still don;t see it, tap on the 3-dots for more choices.  In the list you should find JW Library.  Tap on that and the library should open and ask if you want to open the file there.

Got it thanks, same principle on iPhone.

• 2 weeks later...

When did JWLIBRARY start showing "Older Publications"?

Last update... see post #3465...

There seems to be a colour code to the old books. Ie the Truth Book is blue, Reasoning is Brown, old song book is Tan, I was looking for the brown Knowledge (kl) book, but it has a photo? Yet the Live Forever and Rev are Red...

[No complaints, just an observation.]

Just Older