JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Updates to JW Library (iOS, Android, Windows)

Hey guys, this isn't really about the app, but jw.org. What's the difference between when you're signed into jw.org and when you aren't? Is there a difference?

The Bible wasn't just written in a book.... but in creation itself

Hey guys, this isn't really about the app, but jw.org. What's the difference between when you're signed into jw.org and when you aren't? Is there a difference?

If you have not been given "domain" privileges by your COBE, you can make donations via credit-card.

If you have been given "domain" privileges as part of your congregation assignments, you can fill in forms and read letters related to your role, and download the Kingdom Ministry from the local branch (only useful to those in areas where the public KM for their language is produced in a different branch territory).

Servants in the Congregation have accounts that they log into to retrieve letters for the body of Elders and for the Congregation. Few letters are sent snail mail anymore. There is also a log-in video streaming part of jw.org that streams video for example those that could not attend the Convention. Some zone visits are Video Streamed for some brothers.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

What happened to the song book with the music ? It won't work

You must have an apple device that updated to IOS8. It seems IOS 8 breaks that portion of the app. An update is coming.
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

It works....look in the upper right hand corner to the right of the "A" you will see a rectangle box - click on it, and the lyric will come up on the left hand side of your screen.

For all you Apple haters.....if it wasn't for Apple, you droids wouldn't even exist...... :lol1: stop being a hater. :lol2:

:heart:  u all!

For all you Apple haters.....if it wasn't for Apple, you droids wouldn't even exist...... :lol1: stop being a hater. :lol2:

Who are you referring to? Which post in particular? Has anyone stated anything "hateful" about Apple? Are you in the right forum? I have read some members prefer Android over Apple and vice versa but I haven't seen any "haters" or hateful posts about either platform.

I do find it funny that Apple is trying to pretend they now came up with a "Larger smartphone". But, there is no "hate" involved, maybe some pity? :)

Who are you referring to? Which post in particular? Has anyone stated anything "hateful" about Apple? Are you in the right forum? I have read some members prefer Android over Apple and vice versa but I haven't seen any "haters" or hateful posts about either platform.

I do find it funny that Apple is trying to pretend they now came up with a "Larger smartphone". But, there is no "hate" involved, maybe some pity? :)

I'm sorry if I offended any one, it was just a joke. Please accept my apologies/.

Edited by 1gemstone

I'm sorry if I offended any one, it was just a joke. Please accept my apologies/.

No problem!  I was hoping you were joking, or could point out what you were referring to, I have seen the Apple/Android debate get way out of hand in another forum. So I wanted to make sure it wasn't starting here. Of course, we can all take a joke!  Especially Android users! LOL :)

It works....look in the upper right hand corner to the right of the "A" you will see a rectangle box - click on it, and the lyric will come up on the left hand side of your screen.

:lol1: If it wasn't for Palm OS and Windows CE - Apple iPhone wouldn't exist. I miss my little Dell Axim with Windows CE. Only recently have the "smart" phones caught up with that technology. It is nice to see Apple finally try and catch up to Android. I like them both for different reasons. Now days it is more about the program running on the device than the OS anyway.  note: that is a good thing   :wink:

Thanks for the memory lane   :wave:

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

If it wasn't for the Aitair 8800, none of this would exist. And if it wasn't for George Westinghouse the Altair wouldn't have existed. And if it wasn't for electricity, George Westinghouse would have nothing to invent. And if it weren't for Jehovah, there would be no electricity.

As the kids may say, this IOs vs Android is so yesterday.

Edited by cmcewen

I ended up with the iPhone 6 Plus from an iPhone 5. I hope an update hits for JW Library soon. Things already look nice if they created another model specific layout for the iPhone 6 Plus it would look awesome. Is there a phablet specific layout for the Galaxy Note 3 or is it the same mobile layout?

BTW, the whole Apple vs Google deal is silly. Let it go...

Favorite Scriptures: Revelation 14:7 and Psalm 34:18 | Lost over 100 lbs following a whole food diet. 
¡Estoy aprendo español con Duolingo! | Lover of Ragdoll cats ❤️ Sammy & Toby

The android layout is the same across android devices - similar to apple, but the apple one and the android ones are slightly different.

Soon .....

If it wasn't for the Aitair 8800, none of this would exist. And if it wasn't for George Westinghouse the Altair wouldn't have existed. And if it wasn't for electricity, George Westinghouse would have nothing to invent. And if it weren't for Jehovah, there would be no electricity.

As the kids may say, this IOs vs Android is so yesterday.[/quote

Westinghouse owes it's existence to an obscure person named Nicola Tesla

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

What works?  ...   songbook in JW Library?   ...   box to the right of "A" ? ...  What screen are you in?  

The song book in the JW Library...click on the song book, them  click any song #, them you should see the magnifying glass, the book mark. "A" for the font. them the rectangle box, it looks like a little pic inside, (in the upper corner of your screen) click it/touch it, and the lyrics will come on the left side of the screen. This is with ISO 8 

Edited by 1gemstone

I see the problem with iOS8. I can see the lyrics but had to rotate to see the music, plus there was a long pause (delay) moving from one page to the next. That might the problem some are having with it. I'm sure the updates are coming soon.

Come join our service group singers......♫ Grant us boldness we witness....help us overcome our fear. ♫

Servants in the Congregation have accounts that they log into to retrieve letters for the body of Elders and for the Congregation. Few letters are sent snail mail anymore. There is also a log-in video streaming part of jw.org that streams video for example those that could not attend the Convention. Some zone visits are Video Streamed for some brothers.

Let not also forget that when you log-in you can make a direct donaton to the Watchtower Society via the internet! I love it

!

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

Only in USA and territories.

It's a different website for UK

Sorry, I didn't know that.  I thought Rex was from the U.S. and I was responding to his question.

Edited by shali

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D