JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Updates to JW Library (iOS, Android, Windows)

Maybe the Apple version is delayed because of the ios8 problems with display?

Has anyone been in touch with Bethel to see if it is the app that needs an update for this, or whether it is an apple problem?  Apple suggested I contact the developers!

Apple updates have to be approved (internally) before the update goes live.  That's usually the reason for the delay.  We had the same delay when the update to Equipd was released.

Come join our service group singers......♫ Grant us boldness we witness....help us overcome our fear. ♫

Cool, but my dream... Ok wishful thinking....  is that it be read to me by one of the skillful readers at Bethel.  I have hard time comprehending and a big book set like that is overwhelming to me.  Shame on me but I have never been through it cover to cover.  My Dad has read through it and he shared things he has found of special interest to Him.  I would love to go through it myself along with a skilled reader.  I have all the magazines read to me on JW.org by Bethels wonderfuly skilled readers so that I get the most out of them.

What wonderful provisions we have. Our own App, Skilled readers, our own website. All just chock full of dinner.... and desserts too. ;)

Personal Greetings from Paul and Kathy Forgive me if I got long winded, there is just so much to share.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 8 " tablet (Android Jelly Bean) with the old JW app on it. I tied to update the app but couldn't do it. Do I have to unload ( or delete) the current old app first?

Thanks, Lee

I have the same tablet, It updated with no problems. I did have to trigger it to update.

It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step :- Jer10:23.

Not a day goes by wherein the truth of this scripture is not reaffirmed

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 8 " tablet (Android Jelly Bean) with the old JW app on it. I tied to update the app but couldn't do it. Do I have to unload ( or delete) the current old app first?

Thanks, Lee

Your operating system should of updated to Kit-Kat by now.

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

Thanks, Lee

I had the same problem with the last update. Did your tablet update with the books and video with the last update in July?

I used Samsung Kies to update the firmware and the problem was solved. Kies is a free program for your computer not your tablet.

With this update I had to go to the play store" and tap the "my apps" and update manually even though automatic update was selected.

You probably cannot update to Kit-Kat if your tablet is 2013 or older. I looked into this with the last update problems.

Check this post out:

http://jwtalk.net/forums/topic/11753-jw-library-app/?p=231651

To fix crashes with JW Library (Latest update) Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2013-2012)

Download and install Kies on your desktop or notebook computer.

Start Samsung Kies.

The program will promp you to plug-in your tablet via USB port.

A pop-up will alert you first off to a FIRMWARE update.

Run up-date.

Close program on computer.

Install JWLibrary on tablet.

Problem should be solved!

Edited by lynn

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

I just realized that my win 8 laptop can have jw library too. but on loading it only shows the RNWT, Am I missing something or doesnt it have the books yet

I have a Samsung Tab 3 8.0 and I had to do a manual update but my Asus Me302 C updated just fine. They are both 2013.

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

Thanks, Lee

Just a thought,

The updates use a lot of memory and will fail halfway through if  you dont have it free. Make sure you have sufficient free memory 1 GB at least. You can check this under settings  /storage. Also  Android version 4.2.2 is the latest release for this model.

It's a nice update but none of the awesome pictures are in the books. Maybe later. ☺

Edited by AH173

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

I just realized that my win 8 laptop can have jw library too. but on loading it only shows the RNWT, Am I missing something or doesnt it have the books yet

On Windows, right-click with the mouse, or swipe down from the top on a touch screen.  This will bring up the menu at the top/bottom of the screen.  Click on Publications.

Just noticed, that JW Library has been updated with "Insight on the Scriptures" on my android phone, I guess ipads will follow soon. Not sure if this is linked to the Annual meeting date, but a very welcome addition.

1 John 4:1 "Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired statement, but test the inspired statements to see whether they originate with God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world."

I ran  Kies again. It worked a long time. Then it said the ver 2.6 wouldn't upgrade and go to Kies 3. I said OK and it ran for a while and said I had to turn off the mobile phone. I looked all over the settings and didn't see any mobile phone settings. I don't have a mobile phone connected to any wireless phone service. I even tried turning off my cell phones to see if that was the problem. I had to cancel. Now I don't know what I have for my system.I'll look

I have 6.13GB space left and too much junk automatically loaded on my tablet.

Settings>About Device says Andriod 4.4.2,

Model GT-N5110,

Kernel Ver 3.0.31-1998778, Date May 23  20:39 KST 2014

SE Android status, Enforcing, SEPF-GT-N5010_4_4_2-0016, Date May 23  20:54:43 2014

It looks like it reverted to the original kernel..

Back to square one.

Lee, I have two Galaxy Tab 3s. They both came with Jelly Bean (Android 4.2) and I had to use Kies 2.6 to work with them. This is a hassle because my phone had to have Kies 3.

One time Kies 2.6 reported that there was a system update for the tablets. I used it to update. After the update, I could no longer use version 2.6, so now everything is using Kies version 3.

Your experience is the same as mine. Remember that Android 4.4.2 is not the same as 4.2. You are on Kit Kat now and everything is fine. You can uninstall version 2.6 because you no longer need it.

I just noticed last night that I can't connect to my WiFi.

Maybe it has to do with the last KIES update.

I'll have to do it again.

I tried it again but it still won't upgrade. I tried to revert to the old firmware but I'll have to find a code #.

Rats, not good.