JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Updates to JW Library (iOS, Android, Windows)

It is not working for me today.  If I  grab the far right side and drag, I get the next screen over (downloaded).  If I press and drag the top edge downward I get my tablets "settings"  menu box.  I tried 2 finger swipes and fast and slow.  I tried the little 'twist' swipe that works on my Windows tablet sometimes.  I have no results at all.

You have to grab the far right side on the very edge of the screen in the white part and do a quick snap down.  Like you are calling up the scroll button kinda.

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

My guess would be that, since all available publications in English are already listed in the publication section, there are not any "new " ones 

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

They used to list all the video's that you hadn't yet downloaded in that area but perhaps they just want you to search for them by "type" now.  They are all still there, just in their respective areas and not as easily seen as they were when in the publications areas.

5 minutes ago, shali said:

They used to list all the video's that you hadn't yet downloaded in that area but perhaps they just want you to search for them by "type" now.  They are all still there, just in their respective areas and not as easily seen as they were when in the publications areas.

Kinda like this?  Mine still works. Lo Nuevo is Spanish for What's New. 

image.png

53 minutes ago, shali said:

You have to grab the far right side on the very edge of the screen in the white part and do a quick snap down.  Like you are calling up the scroll button kinda.

actually, I just noticed that anywhere I swipe on the white screen in the "what's new" of the publications section will cause it to refresh, doesn't matter what direction I swipe either.

Edited by shali

6 hours ago, richietj77 said:

And the famous "Convention Releases" section appeared under by type. (Nope, not touching it until August 26-28)

Total respect for you brother. I have to wait 7 more weeks for my RC!  It's hard but I know I can wait.

My CO is visiting us now. He has a lumia 640XL (windows phone 8.1)

Now the jw library app is saying that he needs windows 10 in order that the app can be updated

How can he update to win10?

In settings/updates it says the system is up to date...

6 minutes ago, jayrtom said:

Now the jw library app is saying that he needs windows 10 in order that the app can be updated

Go to 

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-10-upgrade

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

If it is a carrier branded handset the update schedule is controlled by the carrier/network. If it is an unbranded SIM-Free handset the update schedule is controlled by Microsoft. 

If an update is not available there is a way he can install Windows 10 on the device: He can download the Windows Insider app from the Windows Store and join the preview program. Once he has done that he will be able to update to the latest available version of Windows 10 available. 

Edited by Seinman

If it is a carrier branded handset the update schedule is controlled by the carrier/network. If it is an unbranded SIM-Free handset the update schedule is controlled by Microsoft. 

If an update is not available there is a way he can install Windows 10 on the device: He can download the Windows Insider app from the Windows Store and join the preview program. Once he has done that he will be able to update to the latest available version of Windows 10 available. 

Thanks, I'll try that

I wonder why the app requires windows 10 if it isn't yet available from Microsoft...

Enviado do meu LG-D855 através de Tapatalk

Thanks, I'll try that

I wonder why the app requires windows 10 if it isn't yet available from Microsoft...

The rollout for Windows 10 Mobile is gradual and will take several months. Some carriers will not even offer it as an upgrade on some handsets. Updating phones is not as simple as PCs. If only ;-)

The new JW Library app is likely built on a platform only supported by W10.

1 hour ago, jayrtom said:

If I am not mistaken, the message is that the NEXT update will require Windows 10.

It is highly likely that the next true update will not be until after Win 10 is readily available for most devices.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

On 5/26/2016 at 5:52 AM, Tbs77 said:

And just announced 2000 layoffs because poor phone sales...

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/may/26/microsoft-to-cut-1850-jobs-at-struggling-former-nokia-smartphone-unit

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

All this competition between Apple users and Android users reminds me of the passionate debates between Apple II users and Commodore 64 users in the early 1980's. Then the debates between Apple MacIntosh users and PC users in the 1990's.

Really, guys. It's not just getting old, it is ancient history. In the end, you like what you buy or you buy something different next time.

31 minutes ago, cmcewen said:

All this competition between Apple users and Android users reminds me of the passionate debates between Apple II users and Commodore 64 users in the early 1980's. Then the debates between Apple MacIntosh users and PC users in the 1990's.

Really, guys. It's not just getting old, it is ancient history. In the end, you like what you buy or you buy something different next time.

Like Chevy or Ford trucks?

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.