JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Updates to JW Library (iOS, Android, Windows)

37 minutes ago, hatcheckgirl said:

And you can listen to the Bible reading on the app now, just like online Bible and WOL!

I believe that's been there for a while now, unless I'm misunderstanding you.

“It’s not how much we know that pleases Jehovah, but how we feel about what we know and how we have allowed that knowledge to increase our love for Jehovah.”

I created a backup copy from JW Library for Windows 10 and uploaded it to Google Drive. Then from my iPad, I tried downloading that same file to the iPad, and now the backup files on Google Drive are greyed out and I can't select them. Anyone experiencing this?

51 minutes ago, leoperales said:

I created a backup copy from JW Library for Windows 10 and uploaded it to Google Drive. Then from my iPad, I tried downloading that same file to the iPad, and now the backup files on Google Drive are greyed out and I can't select them. Anyone experiencing this?

Are you saving the file and then importing the file or importing directly from Google Drive?

Maybe the Google Drive is not compatible with iOS. On my windows phone I can only import from one drive or a saved file

51 minutes ago, leoperales said:

3 minutes ago, jayrtom said:

Are you saving the file and then importing the file or importing directly from Google Drive?

Maybe the Google Drive is not compatible with iOS. On my windows phone I can only import from one drive or a saved file

I think it's not compatible either. When I created a backup file from Windows 10 to Google Drive and tried downloading that file on my iPad, that's when everything stopped working. I moved the backup file to OneDrive and then put that on my iPad with no problem. 

I'm interested in how everyone will use the Tag feature.
It looks like you can remove the Tag without deleting the Note. That means we can organize our notes using our RV names and then delete their Tag after we shared the note with them. We could create a Tag for a meeting so we have our comments organized. We can also create Tags for subjects.

So Tags can be used for:
Subjects
People
Meetings

What else?
How do you plan to use Tags? 

I'd be very careful using tags as having too many will just be overwhelming. Since it appears that all tags will be displayed at the top of the notes window, I can foresee some with a screen full of tags and having to scroll down for the actual notes.

When you are in a Study Article, you'll notice that it only shows notes for that specific article. So, there isn't a need to use meeting or article specific tags.

1 hour ago, niall said:

I'd be very careful using tags as having too many will just be overwhelming. Since it appears that all tags will be displayed at the top of the notes window, I can foresee some with a screen full of tags and having to scroll down for the actual notes.

When you are in a Study Article, you'll notice that it only shows notes for that specific article. So, there isn't a need to use meeting or article specific tags.

Actually I used a tag called MWM and created notes for each question about the Hall Care video. When I use the tag it sorts the notes, after I use it this week I will delete the notes and tag.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

is it me or on the android version , you cannot put notes on the life and ministry notebook, for example May 8-14 where it says opening comments.  I cant put a note there but if I go into Ebed-melech -An example of bravery and kindness, I can make a note inside there. 

The one showing favor to the lowly is lending to Jehovah

is it me or on the android version , you cannot put notes on the life and ministry notebook, for example May 8-14 where it says opening comments.  I cant put a note there but if I go into Ebed-melech -An example of bravery and kindness, I can make a note inside there. 

Depress a little longer... note-takingexample.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

yes,  the box appears for me to create a note but nothing happens when I click on make a note.  :(

It works ok within the watch tower article.

Edited by Vinnie

The one showing favor to the lowly is lending to Jehovah

A nice information box is shown when restoring notes, showing the date-stamp of the file and the device it came from.

Working fine for me with Dropbox.

IMG_0816.thumb.PNG.481cf7796fde8f491dfb38bf02b61a06.PNG

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13