JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Our Christian Life & Ministry Meeting Workbook - January 2018 (Download)

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2367 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

So Week 1 - Initial Call video, followed by two student assignments (RV and bible study)

Week 2 - Initial Call assignment, RV video, then student assignment

Week 3, Initial Call and RV assignments, followed by the 2nd RV video

Weeks 4 and 5, 2nd RV and 3rd RV student assignment, then Bible study assignment

The idea of the follow up Return Visits is excellent.  Teaching us on how to follow up and hopefully make progressive calls.  The assignment lengths have changed too - 3 minutes for RVs.

Lots of use of the Study Bible, in the Treasures Talk and Gems.

Now we can see how the study notes will be used. Of course, it’s not working properly yet. We are waiting for the updated JW Library.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

In the first week, I’m happy to see the return of interviews. I had missed getting to hear first hand experiences from our brothers. (Don’t get me wrong....I also love the videos but I cherish the in-person interviews, e.g. at the last RC those of the elderly ones and those who lost privileges of service due to injustice and later regained them.)

Those of you that read a language but English may note that the expressions quoted may be taken from the revised nwt that is due to be released and the nwtsty, and not your current translation.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

• 2 weeks later...

How will the Auxiliary Classes be held from January?  Currently, because the first week is video presentations, no aux classes are held in the first week of the month.   From next year, there will be a video for the first 3 weeks of the month.

I've looked at the new S-38 instructions, and the part for aux classes doesn't seem to be updated.

19 hours ago, Jonathan77 said:

How will the Auxiliary Classes be held from January?  Currently, because the first week is video presentations, no aux classes are held in the first week of the month.   From next year, there will be a video for the first 3 weeks of the month.

I've looked at the new S-38 instructions, and the part for aux classes doesn't seem to be updated.

It's updated now:

If auxiliary classes are held, students should be asked to go to the auxiliary classrooms following the Digging for Spiritual Gems portion of the Treasures From God’s Word section of the meeting. They should rejoin the rest of the congregation following the Apply Yourself to the Field Ministry section of the meeting. When a sample conversation video is discussed, those in the auxiliary classroom should view or listen to the discussion from the auxiliary location, if possible. Otherwise, the counselor should handle the video and discussion using a mobile device.