JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Mass Violence Over Discounted Chocolate Spread

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2268 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

http://www.itv.com/news/2018-01-26/nutella-riots-in-france/

Like animals': Shoppers fight over heavily-discounted Nutella in French supermarkets

A Nutella sale has led to wild scenes in supermarkets across France as shoppers scrambled to get their hands on the hazelnut spread.

Supermarket chain Intermaché dropped the price of a 950g jar of Nutella from 4.50 (£3.90) to 1.40 (£1.23) - a discount of 70%. 

At least one store was forced to call the police, while others reported selling the same amount of Nutella in less than an hour than they would in three months. 

"A woman had her hair pulled, an elderly lady took a box to her head, another had a bloody hand," the unnammed shopper was quoted as saying.

"It was horrible."

At a store in L'Horme one customer received a black eye in the melee.

"We were trying to get in between the customers, but they were pushing us," an employee told Le Progres.

Edited by EccentricM

24 minutes ago, harmania said:

I wonder what happens when GT starts, if they now fight over chocolate.

Is Nutella going on sale when the GT starts? :confused:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

14 minutes ago, harmania said:

I meant, if they now fight over chocolate, which is very small thing, GT will be disaster for them because it brings much bigger problems.

I imagine it will look like a Black Friday Christmas sale in some areas, just like it does in some areas now...:)

I don't think a Nutella sale in our area would cause a riot..:lol:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

23 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

Is Nutella going on sale when the GT starts? :confused:

Revelation 22:22 - "I forgot to write this to you my brethren, as such I shall mention it last in my writings. During the tribulation there shall be a great Nutella crisis. I don't know what that is or means, but Jehovah informed me of this during one of the visions he gave me."

This is not in later scrolls because people thought it was a joke as they had no idea what chocolate spread was. 

Edited by EccentricM

24 minutes ago, EccentricM said:

Revelation 22:22 - "I forgot to write this to you my brethren, as such I shall mention it last in my writings. During the tribulation there shall be a great Nutella crisis. I don't know what that is or means, but Jehovah informed me of this during one of the visions he gave me."

This is not in later scrolls because people thought it was a joke as they had no idea what chocolate spread was.

Yes, I saw that verse in a museum display once. It was in the ancient Chokos manuscript dating back to 98 CE.

LaughingSnickeringDoggy.gif.50b1c25c4469786192bda339c2cc77c7.gif

I have nutella in my go to bag, sugar for energy, protein, chocolate for endorphines - should keep me going for a few days...  I will not be sharing any during the tribulation unless directly instructed to do so by the Governing body.  The message will have to be signed with an official Watchtower stamp, and delivered by Gabriel.

nutella-wars-480x279.jpg

Edited by sunshine

9 hours ago, sunshine said:

I have nutella in my go to bag, sugar for energy, protein, chocolate for endorphines - should keep me going for a few days...  I will not be sharing any during the tribulation unless directly instructed to do so by the Governing body.  The message will have to be signed with an official Watchtower stamp, and delivered by Gabriel.

69065=3820-Ha ha ha.gif

An Italian brother in our congregation informed me that Nutella is an Italian word. He said he has some Nutella at home but he Nutella me where it's at...:lol:

11 hours ago, sunshine said:

Mum was trying to explain the medical benefit of something to me once and said “It’s supposed to be good for your dolphins or something.”

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13