JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

NEW VIDEO : David Schafer- Survive the Great Day (Rev. 16:16)

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2213 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

13 minutes ago, Saffron said:

Now you are going to make me listen again. Lol Oh well, I would have anyway. :D

Spoiler

Look for the important point about our "Identity"

It made me think a lot .. linking it to our Survival

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

It sounded like he was talking to Gilead graduates, but I don't remember hearing this before. Does anyone else recall it as part of any talk?
It is so good!

This was from morning worship at hq couple of months ago. The Gilead students attend together with bethelites.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

1 minute ago, Thesauron said:

This was from morning worship at hq couple of months ago. The Gilead students attend together with bethelites.

Hmmm... they get to hear good stuff first :whistling:

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

What concept would be so compelling? One of Satan's goals is to get humans to believe that Human rule is best - that it can ACTUALLY achieve "Peace and security". Soon we will hear them say that they ACTUALLY HAVE achieved it.

It will be interesting to see what can make them feel that they HAVE ACTUALLY acheived this. Could there be a "miracle" that the devil pulls off that will be convincing - signs and wonders that may even mislead the Holy ones (Matt 24:24)? Maybe. It is possible. I hadn't thought of that angle. Well, interesting times ahead.

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

4 minutes ago, trottigy said:

What concept would be so compelling? One of Satan's goals is to get humans to believe that Human rule is best - that it can ACTUALLY achieve "Peace and security". Soon we will hear them say that they ACTUALLY HAVE achieved it.

It will be interesting to see what can make them feel that they HAVE ACTUALLY acheived this. Could there be a "miracle" that the devil pulls off that will be convincing - signs and wonders that may even mislead the Holy ones (Matt 24:24)? Maybe. It is possible. I hadn't thought of that angle. Well, interesting times ahead.

What I took from this talk is that they make pronouncement of PS and Satan "pulls off" a "miracle" or sign pretending that the PS pronouncement has God's approval.

3 minutes ago, Gregexplore said:

What I took from this talk is that they make pronouncement of PS and Satan "pulls off" a "miracle" or sign pretending that the PS pronouncement has God's approval.

Wow! I never heard him say anything about "God's approval" in the saying of P&S. I will listen to it again. 

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

2 minutes ago, trottigy said:

Wow! I never heard him say anything about "God's approval". I will listen to it again. 

Ha Ha ... of course you haven't

That's my take .. Statan performs sign for what purpose???  As..to mislead people even chosen ones ...

Edited by Gregexplore

1 minute ago, Gregexplore said:

Ha Ha ... of course you haven't

That's my take .. Statan performs sign for what purpose???  As..to mislead people even chosen ones ...

Now THAT is what I got. So the "even" means - it will likely mislead most people BUT it may EVEN lead some of God's people astray.

Edited by trottigy

Soon .....

1 minute ago, trottigy said:

Now THAT is what I got. So the "even" means - it will likely mislead most people BUT it may EVEN lead some of God's people astray.

EVEN,  indicates powerful "stuff" (Sign, miracle) but we have been warned!

That's why keeping up with spiritual food and talks are so vital.

Jehovah prepares  us.

8 minutes ago, Gregexplore said:

EVEN,  indicates powerful "stuff" (Sign, miracle) but we have been warned!

That's why keeping up with spiritual food and talks are so vital.

Jehovah prepares  us.

I am still not seeming to get it.

Let me quote the verse and see if you can help me:

23 “Then if anyone says to you, ‘Look! Here is the Christ,’ or, ‘There!’ do not believe it. 24 For false Christs and false prophets will arise and will perform great signs and wonders so as to mislead, if possible, even the chosen ones. 25 Look! I have forewarned you. 26 Therefore, if people say to you, ‘Look! He is in the wilderness,’ do not go out; ‘Look! He is in the inner rooms,’ do not believe it. 27 For just as the lightning comes out of the east and shines over to the west, so the presence of the Son of man will be. 28 Wherever the carcass is, there the eagles will be gathered together.

To me it looks like he is saying " mislead, if possible, even the chosen ones" where do you see the "even" in reference to the miracles - as in "even miricales will be performed"?

Edited by trottigy

Soon .....

1 minute ago, trottigy said:

I am still not seeming to get it.

Let me quote the verse and see if you can help me:

To me it looks like he is saying " mislead, if possible, even the chosen ones" where do you see the "even" in reference to the miracles - as in "even miricales will be performed"?

Here...

And I saw three unclean inspired expressions that looked like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon and out of the mouth of the wild beast and out of the mouth of the false prophet. 14 They are, in fact, expressions inspired by demons and they perform signs, and they go out to the kings of the entire inhabited earth, to gather them together to the war of the great day of God the Almighty. Rev 16:13,14

He quoted this scripture ...please listen again.

This, as far I am concerned never been mentioned before  - This talk deals with it.

20 minutes ago, trottigy said:

Wow! I never heard him say anything about "God's approval" in the saying of P&S. I will listen to it again. 

Please listen carefully at 3.45min "backing of God"

Just imagine:

"Peace and Security". A declaration. Based upon what? Something very compelling. Perhaps accompanied by 'signs and wonders'.

Then, destruction of Babylon the Great.

Then a respite.

Then, our message changes to one of judgment.

Can you imagine, as the world celebrates peace, security and their human institutions, along we come with a strong judgment message !  WOW!!

The courage we will need is unimaginable.  We will have a sense of what it took for Noah and Jonah to accomplish their assignments.

And the theme for this year's RC?  Yep - Courage !

4 hours ago, Stavro said:

Since this video is so densely packed and will probably be quoted in other threads, here's the transcript pulled from the subtitle (VTT) file, with minor edits for readability. (Remove timestamps and extra linebreaks.)

Reveal hidden contents

“They.”

“They gathered them together to the place that is called in Hebrew Armageddon.”

Who are “they”? Who is being “gathered”? And what is the significance of that to us as we go about our sacred service today? The answers can be found in the context. I invite you to find Revelation chapter 16, and let’s begin reading in verse 13, which says:

“And I saw three unclean inspired expressions that looked like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon and out of the mouth of the wild beast and out of the mouth of the false prophet. They are, in fact, expressions inspired by demons and they perform signs, and they go out to the kings of the entire inhabited earth, to gather them together to the war of the great day of God the Almighty.”

And verse 16 says: “And they [these “expressions”] gathered them [“the kings of the entire inhabited earth”] to the place that is called in Hebrew Armageddon.”

“Expressions.” Now, these must be very persuasive expressions because they compel not just a few isolated kings here and there but “the kings of the entire inhabited earth” to this situation called Armageddon. Now, these expressions, you notice, are unclean, so they cannot originate with Jehovah.

And yet, they are inspired —“inspired by demons.” And yet, they have their ultimate source in “the mouth of the dragon,” Satan the Devil —“the father of the lie.” But, now, who actually gives voice to these expressions?

Well, notice in verse 13 that the expressions also ‘come out of the mouths of the wild beast and the false prophet’—political entities of Satan’s world. So here we have unclean expressions inspired by demons —originating with Satan but voiced, repeated, parroted, and echoed by people who constitute Satan’s wicked world.

But, now, just what are these expressions that are so persuasive that they compel kings? What concept would be so compelling? Since 1914, Satan has been stepping up his efforts to mislead “the entire inhabited earth.” And one of his goals is to deceive mankind into thinking that humans—that Satan’s way of ruling is the best—that humans can actually achieve peace and security through their own systems and governments. Moreover, according to 1 Thessalonians 5:1-3, they will soon be saying that they have actually achieved “peace and security.”

Now, adding to the power of these inspired expressions are the signs. The signs make it seem as if these expressions are actually coming true and perhaps that they even have the backing of God. But the only god backing these particular inspired expressions is “the god of this system of things.”Is it unprecedented that Satan the Devil would use miracles in an attempt to lend credibility to his ideas, his wicked lies? At Exodus 7:10-12, Jehovah empowers Aaron’s rod to become a snake, but Pharaoh’s magic-practicing priests mimicked that very sign. Likewise, they mimicked the first and the second of the Ten Plagues.

OK, but what about after the Christian congregation came into existence? Paul indicated at 2 Thessalonians 2:3-12 that the apostate movement, which eventually gave birth to the clergy of Christendom, would be backed “by the operation of Satan “with every powerful work and lying signs and wonders.”—2 Thessalonians 2:9. Moreover, Mark 13:22 says—In the prophecy of the last days, Jesus said: “False Christs and false prophets “will arise and will perform signs “and wonders to lead astray, if possible, [even] the chosen ones.”

So, clearly, demons teach. And it is not beyond Satan and the demons to back up their false claims with wonders at times, although, obviously, their power in that regard is limited. A subtle reminder of that fact is found at Revelation 16:16, which says that they are ‘gathered together to the place called Armageddon,’ “to the war of the great day of God the Almighty.” “The Almighty”—only Jehovah can hold that title. And that very word is a guarantee that Jehovah’s will will ultimately prevail.

Still, is it possible that some professed Christians could start to believe “expressions inspired by demons” that “perform signs”? If it weren’t possible, at least for individuals, then why would Revelation chapter 16 contain this warning right in the middle of the discussion about Armageddon that we just read? The verse that we skipped, verse 15, contains a very relevant reminder for each and every one of us. Now, sometimes we skip it because we keep all the verses about Armageddon together.

But, this is not an afterthought, a sidebar, just a wise saying plunked in for no apparent reason. It’s totally relevant. Let’s read it: “Look! [verse 15] “I am coming as a thief. “Happy is the one who stays awake and keeps his outer garments, “so that he may not walk naked and people look upon his shamefulness.” So here we are, right on the cusp of the outbreak of the great tribulation. You have an identity—“garments”—an identity as a faithful witness of Jehovah God. Keep your identity. How? By keeping awake spiritually.

The article from which our text is taken, entitled “‘Your Deliverance Is Getting Near’!” in the July 15, 2015, issue of The Watchtower, points out—in harmony with the Scriptures, boiling down a number of Scriptural facts—that Babylon the Great will be destroyed. Then, the initial part of the great tribulation will be cut short. There will be a brief respite, during which the majority of mankind will seek refuge in human organizations. Our message of good news will change to one of judgment. Then, the coalition of nations referred to as Gog of Magog will be bent on attacking Jehovah’s anointed ones and their associates. Now, only loyal love for Jehovah and obedient support of his anointed ones will get us through. That will mean everything!

So, what must we do now? Stay awake. You have an identity—not just a Bethelite or Gilead graduate. No. You’ve worked hard, with Jehovah’s help, to establish an identity as a Christian worshipper of Jehovah—keep it.

Perform “holy acts of conduct.” We could say, things we don’t do—things we don’t watch, things we don’t read, things we don’t think about, things we don’t say. Don’t let the demons tamper with your identity as a Christian with their “unclean inspired expressions.” Perform “deeds of godly devotion,” we could say, things we do —preaching, lingering in prayer, continuing in your personal study.

Much is covered in Gilead, yes, but not everything. The online Study Bible is amazing, and it just keeps getting better day after day, helping us to forge a closer bond, a close personal attachment, with Jehovah. Continue devoting time to such “deeds of godly devotion” now and you will succeed then. You will not be duped by the expressions that perform signs, as others are. No, you will survive “the great day of God the Almighty,” now so very near at hand.

Direct download: https://download-a.akamaihd.net/files/media_broadcasting/99/jwb_E_201802_12_r720P.vtt

The whole universe of thanks! :D