JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

NEW VIDEO : David Schafer- Survive the Great Day (Rev. 16:16)

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2193 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

1 hour ago, 1MKnight said:

Hey Starvo, how did you work out that specific link? I would like to be able to do this simple trick for all the videos that have captions so that I can search through the the text of all the videos.

1. On the video page, press F12 to open the Dev console, then click the Network tab. (Works on most PC browsers.)

2. Under the Filter option, type in VTT.

3. If there are no results, press F5, then start playing the videoq.

4. This should bring up one result under the Network tab. If you right-click that entry, you can copy the direct link, download it, and open it with Notepad or any text editor.

21 minutes ago, Stavro said:

1. On the video page, press F12 to open the Dev console, then click the Network tab. (Works on most PC browsers.)

4. This should bring up one result under the Network tab. If you right-click that entry, you can copy the direct link, download it, and open it with Notepad or any text editor.

Ahh, that works perfectly. Thanks you much!

41 minutes ago, Stavro said:

This is only when your video got the enable/disable subtitles option available. Cause then you can switch it off or on.

It seems that the dutch subtitles are streamed into the mp4 file... so we can't download the subtitle. But I already wrote it over on paper with it's scriptures... :D

2 hours ago, 1MKnight said:

I would like to be able to do this simple trick for all the videos

Yes please - I too would appreciate being able to do this!

OH!... I see in the meantime that question has been answered :) 

another case of leaving a comment box open too long before pressing SEND...

Thanks for your help!!

Edited by NW2018

delay in sending post

On 2/26/2018 at 10:31 PM, Doug said:

Then, destruction of Babylon the Great.

Then a respite.

Then, our message changes to one of judgment.

So, this change of our message.  Isn't it based on Isaiah 61:2 "To proclaim the year of Jehovah's goodwill and the day of vengeance of our God" ?

The point being there would be a generous amount of time (year of goodwill) to 'come to know God', but as that time expired there would be a rather short (day of vengeance) period of time when our message would change to one of imminent judgment.

I see that we will have a talk at the RC titled "The Hailstone Message" referencing Rev. 16:21.

Has the FDS given this change of our message a NAME ??  Will we be speaking of that time in the near future as the 'day of the Hailstone Message' ?

On 3/1/2018 at 8:09 PM, Doug said:

So, this change of our message.  Isn't it based on Isaiah 61:2 "To proclaim the year of Jehovah's goodwill and the day of vengeance of our God" ?

The point being there would be a generous amount of time (year of goodwill) to 'come to know God', but as that time expired there would be a rather short (day of vengeance) period of time when our message would change to one of imminent judgment.

I see that we will have a talk at the RC titled "The Hailstone Message" referencing Rev. 16:21.

Has the FDS given this change of our message a NAME ??  Will we be speaking of that time in the near future as the 'day of the Hailstone Message' ?

We did have this recently:

No doubt God’s people will proclaim a hard-hitting judgment message. This may well involve a declaration announcing that Satan’s wicked world is about to come to its complete end. The Bible likens this message to hailstones when it says: “Great hailstones, each about the weight of a talent, fell from heaven on the people, and the people blasphemed God because of the plague of hail, for the plague was unusually great.”—Rev. 16:21.

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2015523#h=18:0-18:585

It doesn't seem that they gave it a specific name. We know our preaching it will certainly be different from preaching the "GOOD news" as the first sentence in that paragraphs says,

This will not be the time to preach the “good news of the Kingdom.” That time will have passed. The time for “the end” will have come! (Matt. 24:14) 

We had quite the discusion on it here -

https://jwtalk.net/forums/topic/24683-message-of-doom/

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

n reference to survive the great day talk I like the point that brother Schaefer said that Satan is trying to mislead if possible even the chosen ones can someone please explain and how can   Satan mislead the anointed?

Brother Schaffer actually gives us the answer to this in his talk, which was so loaded that it may be necessary to listen to it a few times. I definitely had to.. Listen for the part about the wonders that the magic practicing priests were able to pull off. Satan can perform signs to make people think that there is real peace. It was even mentioned that perhaps this could be made to look like God is backing it.

Whatever will happen is going to look real convincing, so those not fully awake could begin to believe what they see is real.

3 hours ago, Shannie said:

In reference to survive the great day talk I like the point that brother Schaefer said that Satan is trying to mislead if possible even the chosen ones can someone please explain and how can   Satan mislead the anointed?

That is a good question, @Shannie

The anointed have a different hope, but aside of that they are as imperfect as we are and with the same weaknesses and shortcomings. Some struggle with immoral desires or with materialism, some are afraid of man, some are stressed due to bad health or the problems of life, some fight negative feelings and often think they won't make it... Exactly like those of the other sheep. :)

Satan takes advantage of those weaknesses the same as he does with us. But he has a special hatred of the anointed, since they are the ones who will "crush" his head. So he makes even more efforts to influence them.

Edited by carlos

43 minutes ago, carlos said:

That is a good question, @Shannie

The anointed have a different hope, but aside of that they are as imperfect as we are and with the same weaknesses and shortcomings. Some struggle with immoral desires or with materialism, some are afraid of man, some are stressed due to bad health or the problems of life, some fight negative feelings and often think they won't make it... Exactly like those of the other sheep. :)

Satan takes advantage of those weaknesses the same as he does with us. But he has a special hatred of the anointed, since they are the ones who will "crush" his head. So he makes even more efforts to influence them.

Yeah, that’s why in Revelation after his casting from heaven, he waged war with the remaining ones (anointed).

Is there any wonder why his attacks, in 1918 especially, where directed at the then Sociey Directors?

That special hatred was almost immediately displayed. 

@Shannie

When you watched the morning worship talk of David Schafer, then re-read Mathew 24 with these aspects in your mind.

Jesus gives some warnings to the anointed about that time. There will be false Christ that do signs and wonders (verse 23,24)

23 “Then if anyone says to you, ‘Look! Here is the Christ,’ or, ‘There!’ do not believe it. 

24 For false Christs and false prophets will arise and will perform great signs and wonders so as to mislead, if possible, even the chosen ones. 

25 Look! I have forewarned you. 

26 Therefore, if people say to you, ‘Look! He is in the wilderness,’ do not go out; ‘Look! He is in the inner rooms,’ do not believe it. 

27 For just as the lightning comes out of the east and shines over to the west, so the presence of the Son of man will be. 

28 Wherever the carcass is, there the eagles will be gathered together.

29 “Immediately after the tribulation of those days, the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 

30 Then the sign of the Son of man will appear in heaven, and all the tribes of the earth will beat themselves in grief, and they will see the Son of man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 

Demons will probably come more to the surface and pretend themself, or use man, as Christ. To mislead people. 

Jesus warns the anointed for this situation. Cause we are expecting him, but he warns us not to be mislead, cause he won't come that way. He won't show himself, but will inky come back to judge mankind. 

That's why vers 30 says that they will beat themselves with grief, cause the world that believed that Christ came back physically, then understand they were wrong. 

The warning could be that this looks so real, that our mind could play tricks on us. We get hunted, and are maybe already waiting for a while, that could make us think that nothing is happening. And meanwhile we hear and see wonders happen as if it is the real Christ. Our mind could trick us to think  that we could be wrong after all.

But at that time we must put faith in Jehovah and wait.

David Schafer also said that the world could think that God approves the things they're doing at that time. And even think that their last attack on Jehovah's people will have his complete approval. 

If you read it as it is written with the new light given by David Schafer, then I understand completely why that time must be shortened, and why it is hard to get through.

This is how I read Matthew 24, and the morning worship backed this up. 

On 02/03/2018 at 5:09 PM, Doug said:

Yes! That hailstone message talk will be exciting won't it? I'm looking forward to that symposium very much along with the other subjects including the Cry of Peace and Security, The Great Tribulation, The Attack of Gog of Magog, Armageddon, The Restoration and The Final Test. In all my days in the truth I've never seen a line up quite like that. 

I guess these will answer all your questions plus many more in other threads - and will elaborate on comments made in talks in the AGM, Broadcastings and morning worships. It's almost like we getting tasters at the moment. Can't wait. 

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

2 hours ago, skipdaflip said:

@Shannie

When you watched the morning worship talk of David Schafer, then re-read Mathew 24 with these aspects in your mind.

Jesus gives some warnings to the anointed about that time. There will be false Christ that do signs and wonders (verse 23,24)

23 “Then if anyone says to you, ‘Look! Here is the Christ,’ or, ‘There!’ do not believe it. 

24 For false Christs and false prophets will arise and will perform great signs and wonders so as to mislead, if possible, even the chosen ones. 

25 Look! I have forewarned you. 

26 Therefore, if people say to you, ‘Look! He is in the wilderness,’ do not go out; ‘Look! He is in the inner rooms,’ do not believe it. 

27 For just as the lightning comes out of the east and shines over to the west, so the presence of the Son of man will be. 

28 Wherever the carcass is, there the eagles will be gathered together.

29 “Immediately after the tribulation of those days, the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 

30 Then the sign of the Son of man will appear in heaven, and all the tribes of the earth will beat themselves in grief, and they will see the Son of man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 

Demons will probably come more to the surface and pretend themself, or use man, as Christ. To mislead people. 

Jesus warns the anointed for this situation. Cause we are expecting him, but he warns us not to be mislead, cause he won't come that way. He won't show himself, but will inky come back to judge mankind. 

That's why vers 30 says that they will beat themselves with grief, cause the world that believed that Christ came back physically, then understand they were wrong. 

The warning could be that this looks so real, that our mind could play tricks on us. We get hunted, and are maybe already waiting for a while, that could make us think that nothing is happening. And meanwhile we hear and see wonders happen as if it is the real Christ. Our mind could trick us to think  that we could be wrong after all.

But at that time we must put faith in Jehovah and wait.

David Schafer also said that the world could think that God approves the things they're doing at that time. And even think that their last attack on Jehovah's people will have his complete approval. 

If you read it as it is written with the new light given by David Schafer, then I understand completely why that time must be shortened, and why it is hard to get through.

This is how I read Matthew 24, and the morning worship backed this up. 

Interesting that muslims have a prophecy about Jesus coming back as a human in the end of time and it will be peace on earth for while until Judgement day or Armageddon. Only the rightuos people will follow him. 

38 minutes ago, LindaViktoria said:

Interesting that muslims have a prophecy about Jesus coming back as a human in the end of time and it will be peace on earth for while until Judgement day or Armageddon. Only the rightuos people will follow him. 

Interesting. I finished reading the Quran about a month ago and it was a real eye opener to what they believe. They believe the end won’t come until at least 10 things happen. One of them being that the sun will be rising in the west and setting in the east. Unlike us, they don’t believe all the signs (the ones they teach) of the last days have been fulfilled yet. They are waiting on things that will never happen and the end will catch them off guard. I’ve always imagined that they will have the most extreme reaction to the destruction of their religion. I especially feel this way after reading a certain verse in the Quran. 

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

9 minutes ago, Brother Jack said:

Interesting. I finished reading the Quran about a month ago and it was a real eye opener to what they believe. They believe the end won’t come until at least 10 things happen. One of them being that the sun will be rising in the west and setting in the east. Unlike us, they don’t believe all the signs (the ones they teach) of the last days have been fulfilled yet. They are waiting on things that will never happen and the end will catch them off guard. I’ve always imagined that they will have the most extreme reaction to the destruction of their religion. I especially feel this way after reading a certain verse in the Quran. 

Seems they won’t go down quietly then!! :-/

1 minute ago, Jothob said:

Seems they won’t go down quietly then!! :-/

The whole world is gonna be a terrible place during the great tribulation but I would hate to live in an Islamic country during that time!

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

6 minutes ago, Brother Jack said:

The whole world is gonna be a terrible place during the great tribulation but I would hate to live in an Islamic country during that time!

I have thought this many times!! 100% agreed!!

19 minutes ago, Brother Jack said:

finished reading the Quran

Just curious.. Does it actually say to kill or be violent with non believers or anything like that? I read that many times in various news reports, but one of the elders told me that it was similar to the bible so that couldn't be true. 

4 minutes ago, Brother Jack said:

As a child I lived in a street with many Muslim families & our next door neighbours were the loveliest of people- but yes I totally agree they may have the most extreme reaction to the destruction of their religion! :-/

[...]I would hate to live in an Islamic country during that time!

I see your point brother.  Yet, there are many of Jehovah's people who are living under ban in the majority of Muslim-dominated countries, as well as in China, Singapore, Russia, Eritrea, etc.  No doubt that our loving Creator and His glorious Son will take care of his faithful servants during those momentous times.  For now, they are compelled to be "cautious as serpents yet innocent as doves."  We pray for them also and they, too, pray for us! :bible2:

Edited by Omoyeme

1 hour ago, Saffron said:

I have thought this many times!! 100% agreed!!

Just curious.. Does it actually say to kill or be violent with non believers or anything like that? I read that many times in various news reports, but one of the elders told me that it was similar to the bible so that couldn't be true. 

Yes, it does. There’s at least two places within the same chapter that do. The first occurrence is often taken out of context, but the second is to be taken literally. The first is at surah 6:5, which says: “but when the forbidden months are past, then fight and slay the pagans wherever ye find them, an seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem (of war); but if they repent, and establish regular prayers and practise regular charity, then open the way for them: for Allah is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful.” - translation by Abdullah Yusuf Ali. When read in its proper context, this scripture is only talking about the tribes who continued hostilities against Muslims even after they migrated. Also, a reference is made to the 5 tribes that did not honor the treaties they made with Muslims. 

But the scripture that does incite violence to nonbelievers is verse 29 of surah 6, which says: “Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the people of the book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued.”

The next verse justifies why they can do this because it says that anyone who even says that Jesus is the son of God is “cursed” by Allah. The Quran is also very anti-Semitic and says that Jews are cursed and even quotes Allah calling them “apes and pigs” numerous times and says that they will be turned into such.

I really found it to be an incredibly boring book. The only parts I found interesting were the many verses that are plagiarized from the Bible. The Bible has practical advise on how to have a successful marriage and raise children. It has prophecy, accurate chronology, genealogy and history, wisdom, beauty in the psalms, poetry and much more. I didn’t get any of that from the Quran. Just a bunch of praises to Allah.

Edited by Brother Jack

11 minutes ago, Brother Jack said:

The only parts I found interesting were the many verses that are plagiarized from the Bible. 

This is what made me interested to begin with. Then, of course, news reports of some people being violent, along with it being mentioned that certain people feel justified in their behavior because of what was written in there. 

Thank you for your summary, brother. :D

5 minutes ago, Saffron said:

This is what made me interested to begin with. Then, of course, news reports of some people being violent, along with it being mentioned that certain people feel justified in their behavior because of what was written in there. 

Thank you for your summary, brother. :D

No problem. I decided to read it because I heard so many rumors about it inciting violence against non believers and wanted to know if it were true or not. It is. Also, I really wanted to know why they believe what they believe :)

32 minutes ago, Brother Jack said:

I decided to read it because I heard so many rumors about it inciting violence against non believers and wanted to know if it were true or not. It is. Also, I really wanted to know why they believe what they believe 

I was wondering. 

Obviously you have way more attention span than I do. Not sure I could have done it, especially if it was boring. If you tell me this is as long as the bible, we will all need to chip in and send you some kind of metal or something. LOL

9 minutes ago, Saffron said:

I was wondering. 

Obviously you have way more attention span than I do. Not sure I could have done it, especially if it was boring. If you tell me this is as long as the bible, we will all need to chip in and send you some kind of metal or something. LOL

Lol it’s not as long as the Bible. Maybe about 3/4 the length of the Bible. It took me 59 days to read it and I was reading at least 1 chapter a day if it was long and up to 10 chapters if they were short. The long chapters were hard because many chapters in the Quran have way more verses than the Bible. One even had 286 verses and they are not short sentences like in the Bible, but paragraphs. I’m about to read the Book of Mormon next. If already familiar with it and will find it more entertaining lol.