JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Broadcasting for May 2018

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2162 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Hmmmm ......

According to my notifications TonyWenz quoted you in a topic: JW Broadcasting for May 2018

When I click on that notification I get sent to post #25 where Tony said "Wow" - and that is all I see ??????  

What happened to the quote 🤷‍♂️

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

I was impressed with how we were encouraged to get out of whatever "rut" we may be in, and how our service is what we make it, at the end of the day. I think making your ministry diverse is a great suggestion. So while whether permits locally, I alternate between cart witnessing and door-to-door. The change of page always keeps me looking forward to going out.

And I thought the trailer for an actual Hollywood movie because it was done so well!

I hope that Isaiah 30:15 is next years text...

“. . .Your strength will be in keeping calm and showing trust. . .” Isaiah 30:15

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

7 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

I hope that Isaiah 30:15 is next years text...

“. . .Your strength will be in keeping calm and showing trust. . .” Isaiah 30:15

Of all the Bible books, I think Isaiah has the most surprisingly moving, encouraging verses in it. To me, anyway. I loved that scripture quoted in the Broadcast!  😍

I think I might dig out my "Isaiah" books for personal study..

5 hours ago, Bob said:

And I thought the trailer for an actual Hollywood movie because it was done so well!

Totally agree with you Brother Bob!  The quality of the trailer and even prior movies over the past years.  Just so real and true to life. Jehovah's organization has come a long way.  Only a few more weeks and then I can see the whole movie! I'm geeked!

I needed this month's broadcast.  The whole being in a "rut" has been on my mind over the past few weeks. Love when Jehovah gives us what we need at the right time.  Now today I'm doing some cart witnessing to help out a young brother who's working to become a regular pioneer. 

13 minutes ago, WilliamChew said:

JWB May 2018 Transcript

JWB May 2018.pdf

Thank you  ~ Thank you William!! :heart: :heart:  This is fabulous!!  Much appreciated!!

Do you have a special program to make that happen?  Is that something that is laborious?  Is that something that can be done with the talks - morning worship? :)

22 hours ago, NW2018 said:

Thank you  ~ Thank you William!! :heart: :heart:  This is fabulous!!  Much appreciated!!

Do you have a special program to make that happen?  Is that something that is laborious?  Is that something that can be done with the talks - morning worship? :)

The subtitles are extracted using the ffmpeg utility and then edited to remove the timestamps.

Most of the talks do not have subtitles provided (like the morning worship talks) so not subtitles can be extracted from them.

1 minute ago, WilliamChew said:

The subtitles are extracted using the ffmpeg utility and then edited to remove the timestamps.

Most of the talks do not have subtitles provided (like the morning worship talks) so not subtitles can be extracted from them.

Thanks for explaining how that works - and again - many thanks for your efforts in providing the transcripts for the monthly broadcasts.  I print them and benefit from the written word when away from electronics :)

This broadcasting was the answer in my prayers. During the summers we work with my wife and every winter we move to a territory that there's more need for workers. Last winter we were in Turkey and when we returned back some brothers said that our local congregation has more needs and it's not necessary to do this travelings. We were praying to Jehovah a lot of times to show us if we do something wrong. The fact was that our service in our local congregation was really a routine. It's a small congregation and the people know us knocking their doors since 1930. We wanted to do more for Jehovah. But when we returned back and our faces were shining, when we listened these comments we discouraged. Sometimes I was thinking to stop also the pioneering. 

But now I have the answers! You mustn't feel guilty if your service becomes a routine. Just change what we can change!

I loved the part about how working with dfferent ones in the Ministry can increase our joy. I love doing that. 

And if we caught people at home I could even hear others presentations. 😎😎😎😎😎😎😎

We have a couple that could work on that. 😁😁😁😁😁😁

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

On 5/7/2018 at 10:48 AM, Bosko said:

Mark Sanderson ... 

And he is 53 years old ..

And he was baptized when he was 9 or 10. Baptized in February 1975 but I don't know what month he was born.  

Edited by Shawnster