JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Lettuce E. Coli Outbreak

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2164 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/don-t-eat-romaine-lettuce-cdc-now-warns-n867941

Don't eat romaine lettuce, CDC now warns amid E. coli outbreak

No one should eat romaine lettuce — or any lettuce at all — unless they can be sure it’s not from Arizona, federal health officials said Friday.

More than 50 people have become sick in an outbreak of E. coli food poisoning linked to romaine lettuce and now several people in Alaska have also gotten ill, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said in a new warning.

Edited by Shawnster

54 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

Just another good reason to postpone my salad diet..:whistling:

They'll probably feed all the lettuce to cattle and pigs.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

Called Fresh Express yesterday they have a pre-recording that their product is not affect by the recall.

I'd stay on the line to speak with someone anyway. Well I spoke Anna who insisted their Romaine lettuce was not affected by the recall.  I advised that the CDC did not name names of any manufactures who process' the Romaine lettuce. However, the  CDC did said not to eat the Romaine lettuce if you ( the consumer ) can absolutely confirm that the lettuce is not from Yuma Arizona,  throw it out.  

So i request a refund, Anna said they do not give refunds, I would have to return it back to the store for that.  Then I asked for a coupon, she said to me why would I want a coupon, if the Romaine lettuce is on recall. I advised that I do like their products and Romaine lettuce is not the only product they sell.  Anna reluctantly agreed to send the coupons for other salads that don't contain Romaine lettuce. I will let you know if I get the coupons.

On 4/22/2018 at 7:36 AM, lovejoypeace said:

A place in CA called Slap Yo Daddy BBQ (LOL) sells bacon covered donuts.

I mean, as long as they're not wrapped in lettuce, it's totally healthy! Right? Right?

Ha ha there is a Hot Sauce called slap yo mama. My mother in law puts it in almost everything.

On 4/22/2018 at 7:36 AM, lovejoypeace said:

DSC_6370.jpg

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritadi

If all else fails --- Play Dead Possum Lodge Moto -- Red Green