JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community
We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1867 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

2 minutes ago, Miss Bea said:

Things are heading one way. I saw that cover earlier, and it hurt. Yes, international attention is being drawn to our situation in Russia. And that situation in Russia is happening to our dear friends. To see our bible with that bears claw...

When things start tumbling, get out of the way, and be on the right side. It’s going to happen fast.

Now, what were the three principles brother Luccioni listed? 

Remember the letter campaign hasn't been highlighted internationally yet ... will be interesting what comes out. (You will find there will be sympathizers once they realize they could be next).

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

6 minutes ago, Stormswift said:

I see this as another poke at Jehovah's eyeball.  

But it's Russia doing the poking.  Until I read the article I'll reserve judgement on Newsweek. 

But I suspect the article is favorable. 

17 minutes ago, tekmantwo said:

Yeah, I feel a little bit disappointed,  they told us the covers were Sister proof---

(ducking and running away, quickly)

But not waterproof 

11 minutes ago, Stormswift said:

see this as another poke at Jehovah's eyeball.  

I wasn't sure whether to view it this way or to view it as publicity. Like now everyone who does not know about this can see that we are being attacked.. Many people who know us do not agree with our beliefs, but know enough about us to know that we are peaceable people who don't deserve this. 

Example: I was act my doctor's office the other day (where half my congregation goes). As he was finishing up, he informed me that one of the sisters was in the next room. He followed up with a comment about how the congregation members were some of the sweetest people he has ever dealt with. I can imagine that there are plenty more people around who feel this way and would be surprised about what's going on in other parts of the world. 

Edited by Saffron

Can't spell

Quote from Mandi

“Remember the letter campaign hasn't been highlighted internationally yet ... will be interesting what comes out. (You will find there will be sympathizers once they realize they could be next)”

I thought about those letters, plus them comparing us to Isis. Terriosts.  Nevermind the family that got that award. Russia may not come out of this smelling like a rose! .

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

2 minutes ago, Saffron said:

I wasn't sure whether to view it this way or to view it as publicly. Like now everyone who does not know about this can see that we are being attacked.. Many people who know us do not agree with our beliefs, but know enough about us to know that we are peaceable people who don't deserve this. 

Example: I was act my doctor's office the other day (where half my congregation goes). As he was finishing up, he informed me that one of the sisters was in the next room. He followed up with a comment about how the congregation members were some of the sweetest people he has ever dealt with. I can imagine that there are plenty more people around who feel this way and would be surprised about what's going on in other parts of the world. 

Agreed, it could go positively ... but I'm in doubt that the publications intention is positive. (Going by the term Bible Thumpers) but yes indeed Jehovah can turn it into positive very easily.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

9 minutes ago, Stormswift said:

Agreed, it could go positively ... but I'm in doubt that the publications intention is positive. (Going by the term Bible Thumpers) but yes indeed Jehovah can turn it into positive very easily.

Actually -- I read that "Bible Thumpers" as sort of a play on the expression... but that Russia was doing the "thumping" or oppressing.  I don't necessarily think they're referring to *us* as the Bible thumpers...

4 minutes ago, Stormswift said:

but I'm in doubt that the publications intention is positive. (Going by the term Bible Thumpers) 

I dunno, I feel that the article will be favorable,  there has been enough international outcry over Russias attack on us and many people don't like what's going on there. 

I think that the magazine is just using that Bible Thumper thing as clickbait. A lot of people are going to be interested in seeing what is happening there and that is an attention grabbing cover. I wish it would be on the magazine here in the U.S., it does look pretty ominous. .

3 minutes ago, Hope said:

THE PHOTO HAS BEEN REMOVED FROM INSTAGRAM!!! 😮

I was reading the comments and stupidly went off the page.  Trying to go back, it's gone!  I wonder what happened...?

I was just trying to find it, I couldn't. .

Did anyone grab a screenshot?...

Edited by tekmantwo

10 minutes ago, tekmantwo said:

Did not someone say it would be online tomorrow.....

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

32 minutes ago, Shawnster said:

Until I read the article I'll reserve judgement on Newsweek. 

Newsweek has been running several articles about us in Russia, and they are all favorable, imo

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

12 minutes ago, Hope said:

Michael Goesele has made his account private all of a sudden... :whistling:

He probably got busted, lol.

Rather, it's a leak and it's copyrighted, and we're all screen capping it. 

I'm sure he had to hide it, at least temporarily.

But if you're reading this Michael, I will pay to have this international edition mailed to me.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

6 minutes ago, Dove said:

Did not someone say it would be online tomorrow.....

Yeah,  I think someone did say that,  I didn't recall that when I posted. 

I hope that the bear claw cover gets a whole lot of attention. ...

24 minutes ago, tekmantwo said:

Yes ... and I followed him so I can still see it. I'd say Anniebea can too as she was the one who put it up. 

Edited by GeordieGirl

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

17 minutes ago, GeordieGirl said:

Yes ... and I followed him so I can still see it

13 minutes ago, Hope said:

Screen cap at your service

Thank you,  both of you.  I wish I could think as fast as you very capable Sisters did....

Terri, are you still able to access his account,  and still see the picture?...no biggee, just curious. .

I grabbed one. But we have several here. They are not fair enough for the likes of us! 

I went back to where I saw it initially posted, from Instagram. By our Anniebea. Poof. Gone. Very interesting. Very. 

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

40 minutes ago, tekmantwo said:

Yeah,  I think someone did say that,  I didn't recall that when I posted. 

I hope that the bear claw cover gets a whole lot of attention. ...

Yes, if anything, a Bible’s a Bible, regardless of who printed it...

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

5 minutes ago, Shawnster said:

But it's Russia doing the poking.  Until I read the article I'll reserve judgement on Newsweek. 

But not waterproof 

Hope its positive. May also encourage other countries with the goading of religion (as with Russia)  try the same thing - who knows until its released.

2 hours ago, tekmantwo said:

Thank you,  both of you.  I wish I could think as fast as you very capable Sisters did....

Terri, are you still able to access his account,  and still see the picture?...no biggee, just curious. .

Sure can .. to both. :)

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.