JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

My wife made a couple of pies for an LDC meeting today and ended up bringing one of them home.

It's a Sour Cream Peach pie. HMMMMMM! Its good!

Obviously LDC doesn't stand for Love Desserts Constantly. 😁

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

4 hours ago, Tortuga said:

couple of pies

Well,  if anything made in a round tin pie pan counts, Denise has made 5 quiche in the last 2 days, we, as of now, have none left. She may have had a small piece of one.....

10 hours ago, tekmantwo said:

Well,  if anything made in a round tin pie pan counts, Denise has made 5 quiche in the last 2 days, we, as of now, have none left. She may have had a small piece of one.....

The dog got it?

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

5 hours ago, Stormswift said:

The dog got it?

Naw, if we had a dog I would have fought him for the last piece. ...

A few years back there was a TV commercial that said  'real men don't eat quiche'...well,  I consider myself to be a real man but I didn't know what a quiche was.

I did my research,  I know that a quiche is basically an omelet with a pie crust..

What's not to like?

I  figure real men can eat whatever they want to.  

I'll have a quiche,  thankyouvellymuch...👍

Haha ... i already knew it was you - was just giving you an out. Next time ill do my homework and see what pets you actually own.

(for some bizarre reason, I can't abide egg and pastry)

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

4 minutes ago, tekmantwo said:

Naw, if we had a dog I would have fought him for the last piece. ...

A few years back there was a TV commercial that said  'real men don't eat quiche'...well,  I consider myself to be a real man but I didn't know what a quiche was.

I did my research,  I know that a quiche is basically an omelet with a pie crust..

What's not to like?

I  figure real men can eat whatever they want to.  

I'll have a quiche,  thankyouvellymuch...👍

Exactly. Omelet, extra cheese, bacon and pie crust...

We had quiche every other week for 4 months when we were on the SKE Breakfast crew.

Mmmmmm.....

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

• 1 month later...
On 8/5/2018 at 10:02 AM, Thesauron said:Both sweet and savoury pies work. NZ chicken pies are great.

beef-ale-pie.jpg

So is a decent apple pie.

ymXxJpi_wXfrA99-ToUjzOEDYjfNXodLU9okNWb_

What a beautifully made crust..too pretty to cut into..😊

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just about any fruit pie. Whipped cream? Yes, please.

Strawberry Pie with a buttery bottom crust only; uncooked strawberries in strawberry gelatin.

Other pies I prefer a top crust, not a crumble.

I prefer a lard crust for apple, pumpkin, and peach. Don't like a lot of spice as I want to taste the fruit as much as possible. My grandmother made pumpkin pies with very little spice and added just a bit of the canned pumpkin for that spice. Very mellow taste.

Apple pie with two types of apples; sweet red and a tart Granny Smith. Thin slices piled high with a top crust. Cinnamon, nutmeg, and even allspice, but with a light hand.

Apple pie made with Northern Spie apples, tart and flavorful.

Originally was called Northern' s Pie apples then someone goofed in spelling.

Large apples if you can find them.

Edited by pnutts

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

On 7/11/2019 at 8:48 AM, pnutts said:

Made with beef not lamb. Don't like lamb - it doesn't like me either.

Trivia Point:

Shepherds pie is only a shepherds pie if it's made with lamb ... shepherds don't usually herd Cattle. 

When made with Beef there is a name change to Cottage Pie.

Hello Qapla lovely to see you!!

My favourite Pie is Steak/Oyster with flaky or puff pastry top and bottom.

Mandi!  Good to see you, too.

Yes, I do know that a true shepherds pie is lamb ... however, even though we should say "Cottage Pie", most know it by "Shepherds" and I didn't want to have to explain

My favorite pies are sweet - not savory ... although, I do like a well made chicken pot pie

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Indeed! And Mutton is tastier than lamb ... my Mum used to use the left over roast Mutton from the night before - chopped it all up rather than minced it so we had chunks of mutton, added grated carrot and onion and tomato sauce then the potato.

The shingles make perfect sense, hence the Cottage reference. 

Then again things like Pasties used in Ireland initially the pastry was inedible was really only used as a wrapper for the filling inside so the workers could access their nutritional and filling lunch in good time. , it has now morphed to edible pastry (thankfully) and filling is usually beef and a lot of veges.