JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Support email for JW Broadcasting

From a couple months ago I'm unable to stream any videos from tv.jw.org on my Samsung TV.

I contacted Samsung support and of course they blamed the site. The site, on the other hand, just suggests contacting my branch. Is there a support email or form for JW Broadcasting? Or do they expect us to phone the branch with technical issues?

The problem began more or less at the same time as the subtitled videos in English were no longer available for download. They changed something in the way the subtitles are shown, and I think that might be related to the issue. So right now I cannot download English videos with subtitles and I can't watch them on streaming either. :nope:

I know elders might have an email to contact or try asking to branch brother carlos. I cannot download videos with subtitles it has been removed many months ago :)

Edited by rlyem

All glory and praises goes to Jehovah :) 

From a couple months ago I'm unable to stream any videos from tv.jw.org on my Samsung TV.

I contacted Samsung support and of course they blamed the site. The site, on the other hand, just suggests contacting my branch. Is there a support email or form for JW Broadcasting? Or do they expect us to phone the branch with technical issues?

The problem began more or less at the same time as the subtitled videos in English were no longer available for download. They changed something in the way the subtitles are shown, and I think that might be related to the issue. So right now I cannot download English videos with subtitles and I can't watch them on streaming either. :nope:
Do you have a streaming device to troubleshoot with to see if that works?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, carlos said:

stream any videos from tv.jw.org on my Samsung TV.

How do you even do that?  is there no box (like a Roku or something)?

Did it work using only the tv and remote control or did you also use a Samsung phone/tablet to queue up the video?

I've never really had a tv until recently when I was given an Insignia one. Does your tv have a built-in web browser or something? because I can't imagine how you stream videos on it otherwise. My tv doesn't even have a wifi card

Edited by Brandon

How do you even do that?  is there no box (like a Roku or something)?

Did it work using only the tv and remote control or did you also use a Samsung phone/tablet to queue up the video?

I've never really had a tv until recently when I was given an Insignia one. Does your tv have a built-in web browser or something? because I can't imagine how you stream videos on it otherwise. My tv doesn't even have a wifi card
Smart TVs connect wirelessly to your home network. You can launch the browser on the TV and use remote to type in web address.

I will see if I have the same problem with my SAMSUNG TV. I usually use my connected Chromecast but will disconnect it and use default browser in/on TV and type in for you Carlos.

11 hours ago, Tbs77 said:

Do you have a streaming device to troubleshoot with to see if that works?

Yes, I can play the videos in my tablet and I can use the remote screen feature to send them to the tv, but they play choppily. I also can play videos directly on the tv from other sites, such as Youtube and Netflix. It's something specific with tv.jw.org

10 hours ago, Brandon said:

Yes, Brandon. This tv has an built-in browser. It's a pain to enter URLs with your remote, but once JW Broadcasting is added as a favorite it's only a couple clicks.

9 hours ago, Tbs77 said:

I will see if I have the same problem with my SAMSUNG TV. I usually use my connected Chromecast but will disconnect it and use default browser in/on TV and type in for you Carlos.

Thank you, I appreciate that. I have seen other brothers complaining in forums that they have the same problem with Samsung TVs.

13 hours ago, carlos said:

I know this isn't quite what you're looking for, but this is the closet thing I found. A form at least for JW Library. Sorry...

https://www.formstack.com/forms/watchtower-jw_library

4 hours ago, carlos said:

This tv has an built-in browser.

Samsung has always been known to be very bad at software development.  I wouldn't recommend using the built-in browser; not only are you opening yourself up to security risks (a JavaScript attack could theoretically leak the cookies [password] Netfix stores on your tv--which you mentioned you also use in the TV's browser).

Strongly recommend finding a Roku, any one should be able to download the JW Broadcasting "app" (Roku channel), which is one of the official ways to play JWB on a tv. They do not officially support Samsung's web browser;  it's unlikely the branch will investigate this at all even if you manage to get an email to them.

17 hours ago, carlos said:

We have had some of the same issues. Mostly with jw.org

Three things I have done which helps:

1)  unplug the tv for 30 full seconds.

if that doesn't help

2) do a reset to factory settings

you will loose all bookmarks, history etc

3) disable automatic updates, check after restarting tv that auto updates are disabled.

JW Broadcasting works better with the above but jw.org can only be accessed from JW Broadcasting. Not that great at tech stuff but like yourself neither Samsung help was much help nor jw.org and I have spent hours on the phone with both. Well actually only a few minutes with jw.org. Fact is the browser in your smart phone or tablet is 10 times more powerful than the browser in the Samsung tv. My wife has more patients to play with it and gets it to work every time, personally I'm ready to throw a rock through it.

Edited by rocket

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

7 hours ago, Tbs77 said:

This is my SAMSUNG TV update. Using the streaming Feature on JWB the circle didn't go away in middle of the screen.

Thanks. That's exactly the problem I was having.

7 hours ago, rocket said:

1)  unplug the tv for 30 full seconds. 

Thanks, Lynn. I tried this and it is working now.

I had already restored to factory settings several times to no avail, but that was some weeks ago. Today I tried unplugging the tv and it worked. I'm not sure if it's due to unplugging or it simply works when it wants, but so far it's going well.

7 hours ago, Brandon said:

I wouldn't recommend using the built-in browser; not only are you opening yourself up to security risks

I understand that but right now using the browser is the only way to see the English subtitles. Until a couple months ago you could download the videos with subtitles, but not anymore, not sure of the reason.

7 hours ago, Brandon said:

Strongly recommend finding a Roku, any one should be able to download the JW Broadcasting "app" (Roku channel), which is one of the official ways to play JWB on a tv.

Thanks, that's a good suggestion. I have a Roku on an old tv we rarely use. I have have issues again I will connect it to this tv. Anyway there was an annoucement some time ago that English subtitles would not work on Roku for a time. Not sure if they are working now again.

On most smart TV's. simply turning them off does not disconnect them from the network - nor does it necessarily clear the buffers.

By unplugging the TV you force it to "reboot" (reset) the network connection. This is sometimes needed with modems, routers and even computers.

Sometimes it depends on your Internet service - for whatever the reason, some providers need to have the network connection set more than others. If your power is not stable (you have power drops or spikes that you may not notice) or your service provider has a signal that changes bandwidth/speeds or a regular basis, the problem can get worse.

Generally, if the "circle in the middle" won't go away, it is because the speed of the connection is not staying ahead of the buffer.

This could because the speed of the signal is too slow - or, it could be the buffer in your device (like your TV) is not clearing so the available room for new data must wait for old data to be removed before more new data can be stored. Bu unplugging the device (like your TV), you also clear the buffers.

So, your problem could be multi-fold. Your TV buffer may not be clearing. You network could be not clearing buffers. You Internet may be s l o w  at times and not allowing the data to come in fast enough to stream. Your power could be unstable, causing buffer problems.

By putting your TV on a UPS - it will stop any unstable power problems - the rest of the issues you may just have to discover which it may be - or, just know that you may have to reboot yout TV from time-to-time.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

18 hours ago, Qapla said:

So, your problem could be multi-fold. Your TV buffer may not be clearing. You network could be not clearing buffers. You Internet may be s l o w  at times and not allowing the data to come in fast enough to stream. Your power could be unstable, causing buffer problems.

Thanks, John, that is a great explanation. 

I think that unplugging the TV every time I have the problem is the easiest and cheapest solution. But I assure you my next tv will not be Samsung.

Thanks, John, that is a great explanation. 

I think that unplugging the TV every time I have the problem is the easiest and cheapest solution. But I assure you my next tv will not be Samsung.
Make your own TV in the new world with some intergalactic JWB... ... Can't wait!

27 minutes ago, Tbs77 said:

Make your own TV in the new world with some intergalactic JWB... emoji6.png... Can't wait!

Back in the early days, Digital Research Inc (DRI) was founded and incorporated with the name Intergalactic Digital Research.  Prudence taught them to shorten the name.  Maybe you can expand it again in the New World...😉

• 1 month later...
Back in the early days, Digital Research Inc (DRI) was founded and incorporated with the name Intergalactic Digital Research.  Prudence taught them to shorten the name.  Maybe you can expand it again in the New World...
Thanks. Didn't know that. Dr DOS sounds better than Idr DOS...!!

Older {waiting for wiser}